Thread: Totems in MoP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    New HST is such a pain in the arse it's just not worth dropping if you're trying to dps. It's a decent heal but dropping every 30s for 50% uptime, no thanks.
    Why would you be spending a GCD on healing every 30s as DPS?

If there's a massive damage phase, we'll drop it to help out, same way we drop Healing Rain or the like currently, but that'll be boss-specific and situational, not standard rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Drebbin View Post
    The only thing I really liked about the old totem system was the appearance of the four totems dropped at the same time and that is easily kept up with the totemic encirclement glyph.
    Just as a note, when using the glyph for that nostalgic visual feeling, keep in mind you also get to keep the nostalgic feeling of the fake totems aggro'ing pats, so remember to keep an eye on totems in relation to the pats. At least the fake totems were pulling mobs the last time I check, which admittedly was quite awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why would you be spending a GCD on healing every 30s as DPS?

If there's a massive damage phase, we'll drop it to help out, same way we drop Healing Rain or the like currently, but that'll be boss-specific and situational, not standard rotation.
    Yes. Why did you reiterate my point as if you were saying something new?

Quote Originally Posted by thegempolice View Post
    Yes. Why did you reiterate my point as if you were saying something new?
    You had a point?

You called the totem a pain because it was every 30s for 50% uptime. If that's your point, then it really isn't a point at all. Nobody will be using it every 30s for 50% uptime.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the fact that Totems actually matter now? OFCOURSE I wanted this , All they did was give you some stupid buff that you could have had passively. Now totems actually have an effect on what you do/will do. There could be just a few more intresting totems. But love the fact that when I drop a totem, im getting something intresting or actually benefitial out of it that could be a game changer ,even its if its just short term. (Elementals etc aren't so short term). Much needed in my opinion.

Hate dropping totems so frequently. It's a great change.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Hate dropping totems so frequently. It's a great change.
    I don't see how the frequency of dropping totems has changed.
    Ele and Enhancement will need to use just as many GCDs dropping searing as they have been.

Resto will definately be dropping totems more then they currently do.

So in my opinion the frequency of dropping totems is going to stay the same or increase, the quantity of totems you drop will probably decrease though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    I just saw for the first time what they did to totems in MoP now that there's PTR up...

Guys... Did shaman community really want this? My shaman is not my main, but I loved how old totems worked... But now I feel just like if I were just another mage or something...
    my opinion is that before they where drop and forget, now u actually USE your totems, i think it is much better the new way

Deleted
    What did they actually do to the totems? Tried to search youtube for some videos but found nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltmacht View Post
    What did they actually do to the totems? Tried to search youtube for some videos but found nothing.
    Our buff totems turned into auras. Oh and HST is now on a CD and only heals 1 person but it ticks for more. Thus totems are now used purely for utility/damage and most of them have a (long) CD.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm completely on the fence.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.