Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    That would be rape, he's a rapist.
    Yes, because the made up charges the US made him be charges with make all sorts of sense! Have you not noticed how anyone that pisses the US off is suddenly a rapist, or child predator? Odd, isn't it?

I imagine he will be dead within a month, from "Suicide"

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 08:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Wikileaks also heavily editted the clip in order to manipulate people's perceptions of what happened.
    Yes, the "resistance" they described was a guy holding a video camera. Shoot him. Keep shooting. Keep shooting. Don't worry. keep shooting.

Deleted

the unedited is still pretty damning. They also denied they were journalists after the fact when it was obvious as well as refusing to release the video after repeated FoI requests from reuters.

Daniel Ellsberg, a former United States military analyst best known for leaking the Pentagon Papers to the media, said of the airstrike:

It would be interesting to have someone speculate or tell us exactly what context would lead to justifying the killing that we see on the screen. As the killing goes on, you obviously would see the killing of men who are lying on the ground in an operation where ground troops are approaching and perfectly capable of taking those people captive, but meanwhile you’re murdering before the troops arrive. That’s a violation of the laws of war and of course what the mainstream media have omitted from their stories is this context.
    Last edited by mmoc4dbf57f1e8; 2012-08-16 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguine View Post
    Have you not noticed how anyone that pisses the US off is suddenly a rapist, or child predator?
    Can't say I have.

Yes, the "resistance" they described was a guy holding a video camera.
    He was holding a RPG-like object and pointing it towards a helicopter. Those reporters should have identified themselves as reporters. They weren't.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HavaanSoup View Post
    the unedited is still pretty damning. They also denied they were journalists after the fact when it was obvious.
    No they didn't. http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/wo...iraq.html?_r=1

Quote Originally Posted by NYT
    The American military said in a statement late Thursday that 11 people had been killed: nine insurgents and two civilians. According to the statement, American troops were conducting a raid when they were hit by small-arms fire and rocket-propelled grenades. The American troops called in reinforcements and attack helicopters. In the ensuing fight, the statement said, the two Reuters employees and nine insurgents were killed.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-08-16 at 01:38 PM.

An "RPG like object" A camera. So I can shoot and kill my neighbor if I think he has an RPG like object at his family reunion?

10+ Year Old Account
    That video was a reasonable thing to leak, but it doesn't justify all the other dross the guy put out there that just harmed the US state department, and violated the employees' privacy without a purpose.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

An "RPG like object" A camera. So I can shoot and kill my neighbor if I think he has an RPG like object at his family reunion?
    Why would your neighbor hold his family reunion in a war zone?

Yeah because fighting actual enemies who are in fact pointing RPGs at you in a real warzone is totally comparable to a family reunion. (Also their cameras are nothing like your consumer cameras, but you obviously have no capacity to look at this in a neutral manner).

I don't care how crazy your neighbour's family is, that's still a ridiculous comparison.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-08-16 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    I wish people would stop feeding that attention whore.
    You're a retard, you know that?

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-08-16 at 03:18 PM.

If push comes to shove the UK will use the Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act (1987) to revoke the status of the Ecuadorian embassy and take him 'by force' to uphold the legal obligations they are being held to but I'm sure they would prefer not to.

Then why haven't they charged him, and why wont they question him in the UK.

He has continuously stated he is willing to face the rape charges, he is not however willing to have a life time tenure in Guantanamo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    The world needs more people like him who aren't afraid to get important information to the people. Knowledge is power and unfortunately more and more, governments and corporate interests decide what the masses should know and usually it is not what we should know.
    The world needs more people who will stand up to corruption and get the truth out.

However, hopefully they won't be pieces of excrement as human beings at the same time like Assange.

Oh, and hopefully they would take at least a bit of care of the potential damage they could do to innocent/good people instead of just throwing them to the wolves in their rush to release documents.

This is such a farce now, what he does is such a waste of his own time.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    This. The whole rape fiasco just seems just too convenient. It screams convenient, in fact.
    So you're saying a teen rapist, (because he raped a teenager allegedly) should be let off the hook, and not be arrested and tried by a jury of his peers, because you agree with other things he has done? A get out of rape trial free card so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Then why haven't they charged him, and why wont they question him in the UK.

He has continuously stated he is willing to face the rape charges, he is not however willing to have a life time tenure in Guantanamo.

I'm the president of MMO Champion. <--- I said it. So it must be true.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2012-08-16 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Because Sweden's totally going to secretly hand him over to the United States, right? Of all countries...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    If push comes to shove the UK will use the Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act (1987) to revoke the status of the Ecuadorian embassy and take him 'by force' to uphold the legal obligations they are being held to but I'm sure they would prefer not to.
    Regardless of whatever their domestic law says, such an act would be a direct violation of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. The absolute most they can do is declare the diplomatic staff as unwelcome, in which instance Ecuador would have to recall them.

Because Sweden's totally going to secretly hand him over to the United States, right? Of all countries...
    If they aren't intending to do that, is there any particular reason they've refused to guarantee that?

Also any particular reason why they're uninterested in simply questioning him at the Ecuadoran embassy, as they have been invited to?
    Last edited by Masark; 2012-08-16 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    So you're saying a teen rapist, (because he raped a teenager allegedly) should be let off the hook, and not be arrested and tried by a jury of his peers, because you agree with other things he has done? A get out of rape trial free card so to speak?
    Well you know plenty of people vocally support Roman Polanski.

Well you know plenty of people vocally support Roman Polanski.
    And they are all sick fucks for doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Personally regardless of what my opinion is, I pray that the UK government doesn't attempt to take him from the embassy, that opens a whole new world of political issues and exposes UK diplomats.
    The UK better not storm the embassy, that would violate international laws.
    It would really drag down my opinion of the UK, but I guess they're under pressure from the US.

Assuming you're not just trolling, I don't understand how people get so easily brainwashed into whatever the media is feeding them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Julian Assange is a hero.

The more information he brings to the public's attention the better.
    One man's hero is another man's villain.

I'd enjoy seeing him in jail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).