Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Kara is a lot harder to solo though.... only get in there once in a blue moon.
    Is it really that hard for some classes? I'm pretty sure I could solo it on my priest at the end of WotLK.... and priest is fairly squishy. I definitely could solo it at 85 both as shadow or disc/holy.

Quote Originally Posted by jisbilby View Post
    You can start a trial account so you can invite that character to form a raid. However, you need to get it to level 10 before you can convert to raid.
    With this macro there is no need.. /run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    There is no way that takes 40 minutes.
    There is way, guild members online questing - raid = no questing.

Found it difficult to find someone who wasn't queued for something, or questing or something that would get screwed up once invited to raid.

That simple.

That complex.

I don't like to rely on other people. In fact, I never ask anyone for anything. Ever. This is one of the main reasons why I have every profession leveled in the game to max level.

Because of the annoyance and inconvenience it is to get someone to make a raid group, I rarely solo raids. However, just recently I found the make a trial account, create a level 1, and make a raid group trick. It's great!

Finally I can do weekly Kara, TK, and AQ40 (for rep) runs by myself!

Deleted

Found it difficult to find someone who wasn't queued for something, or questing or something that would get screwed up once invited to raid.

That simple.

That complex.
    Jeese, then I feel sorry for you and your reluctant and arrogant attitude.

That simple.

That complex.

People have already pointed out you can just get a starter character and still do it yourself if your Guild mates are terrible people.
    Last edited by Matchu; 2012-08-25 at 07:46 AM.

o.o

Here's a tip. Ask your guild if it'd be okay to invite someone. Then tell them to leave when you are in. If that's not possible then type /who and invite random people.

There is no way that takes 40 minutes.

On my server in the middle of the night, it can take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    thankfully i have manage to get

5x ravenlord
    2x turtle mounts
    3x hawkstriders
    3x baron mounts
    1x fiery warhorse.
    1x zulian tiger

i think im set
    I'm in the same boat as this guy minus the Zulian Tiger, but I've got the old Raptor so whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jrch5618 View Post
    The boss that drops the fiery warhorse can be soloed by any decently-geared 85. I've been in there several times on Arms Warrior and clean house easily enough. And it's the very first boss too in the basement.
    It was easy on 80 too. Did it easily as elemental shaman.

Deleted
    Yea, made a trial account for myself after people asking me why I wanted to form a raid group wanted to tag along on my mount runs. Just seemed to be a whole lot easier than saying thanks but no thanks and then finding someone else not doing anything and willing to join a raid group for a few secs. I eventually got the mount without too many tries after expecting to battering my head against RNG for it for at least a year.

Jeese, then I feel sorry for you and your reluctant and arrogant attitude.
    So - just because no-one forms a raid with me, I'm arrogant ?

You have a very strange idea of cause and effect

10+ Year Old Account

That simple.

That complex.
    There's usually at least one person sitting around in SW doing nothing in my guild... I just ask "anyone mind hoping in a raid group with me? You don't have to do anything or go anywhere." If that doesn't get a bite, I'll ask guildies that are idling in SW directly if they're able. Never had any problems so far. I take the opportunity to knock out a bunch of raids at once, too.

It's nice that they're giving the extra opportunities to get mounts, seeing as they'll be account wide... but unfortunately for me, I'll feel obligated to adequately level up toons to run VOA and TK... I have to limit myself to running Stonecore and vortex pinnacle five times a week each to avoid going insane as it is.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-08-25 at 07:54 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The most trouble I have about kara is finding someone to invite so I can get in. Forever alone...

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Yea, made a trial account for myself after people asking me why I wanted to form a raid group wanted to tag along on my mount runs
    This is another reason why I refuse to ask people for help making a raid group. They want to tag along. Then I'm the dick when I tell them, no, I want to solo it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This is another reason why I refuse to ask people for help making a raid group. They want to tag along. Then I'm the dick when I tell them, no, I want to solo it.
    Just tell them "you can come, but I get the mount if it drops, that's why I'm doing this raid." The only fight that's really complicated by having more people is Kael'thas (the mind control and all,) and that's remedied by telling them to let Thaladrad kill them pre-KT phase.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

well baron is able to be killed without cooldown
    -> more then 4 chars got max with the fraction but did i ever see the mount? nope

kara the only part i hate about it is that you need a raid.
    i got raven lord on 3 chars over the time so meh. whatever you can do solo ist just a matter of time

(doing mc since cata start and still have only 1 part of thunderfury but it's gona drop .. maybe .. or so)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jisbilby View Post
    You can start a trial account so you can invite that character to form a raid. However, you need to get it to level 10 before you can convert to raid.
    you dont even need to level, just invite the level 1 into your group and use this script: /run SetAllowLowLevelRaids (true)

Edit: forgot to add that the script needs to be typed on the level 1
    Last edited by mmoc861c6c84e2; 2012-08-25 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Setthek halls takes me 2 minutes from wanting to go in to getting out.

Last time KZ took me 40 minutes or so to get in do Huntsman and get out.

Mainly because KZ is NOT soloable, even one boss. Because it is a raid which requires a RAID group.
    40 minutes... just, wow. I don't have a second account and when I'm on late at nite with no guildies around
    it takes me maybe 2min to find a person in trade to lend me a toon for a raid. Take the portal to BL, fly over
    to KZ. Boss is dead within maybe 4min of being in the front door.

And btw, the definition of Soloable is "the ability to kill the boss all by your pretty little self", so yes indeed he
    is very soloable. All you need is more friends or an active server to get that one person for a raid group.
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2012-08-25 at 10:35 AM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

No, because you claim that you can't solo it. You need a raid to enter and therefore need another person to form it but that person can be anywhere and don't need to be in the instance in addition that person can leave once you are inside.
    A few people pointed out how you can even form a raid on your own with a free trial account if you can't find a random person for the couple of moments you need and you still repeat that it can't be done.

You seem like a douche i'm not surprised people aren't willing to join a group for a couple mins with you.