HDD Performance with SSD

Quick question:

Is there an advantage to having a high performance HDD if you also have an SSD?

In my case, I am building a PC for the first time and have already ordered a Crucial M4 128GB SSD. So now as far as my HDD goes, I am debating between the slightly higher priced, but higher performance, WD Black, or the cheaper, and quieter, WD Blue.

If HDD performance still matters with an SSD, I will go with the Black; if not, I will go with the Blue.

For what it matters, I intend to have Win7, WoW, Firefox, Skype, Microsoft Office, and maybe something else on my SSD.

Thanks!

If you are planning to run any games from the HDD then yes the performance will matter a bit, if it is just for storage even a green will do.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by Danterius View Post
    Quick question:

Is there an advantage to having a high performance HDD if you also have an SSD?

In my case, I am building a PC for the first time and have already ordered a Crucial M4 128GB SSD. So now as far as my HDD goes, I am debating between the slightly higher priced, but higher performance, WD Black, or the cheaper, and quieter, WD Blue.

If HDD performance still matters with an SSD, I will go with the Black; if not, I will go with the Blue.

For what it matters, I intend to have Win7, WoW, Firefox, Skype, Microsoft Office, and maybe something else on my SSD.

Thanks!
    Depends, Blue isn't a bad choice, it's still 7200rpm but has a smaller cache, so it won't be at the same level of performance as a Black.

Really, if you have a 128GB SSD for your boot, apps, and a few high-load time games, then a blue is fine as a storage drive. Just keep in mind that if you put any games on it (likely Steam will go here, as if you're like me, Steamapps is your biggest folder), they will load slower than a Black, and much slower than your SSD.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA