The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo Blog - Demon Hunter ~ Discussion

My class WooOOoooooooo

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6986...nter-8_16_2012

No nerfs AT ALL

/happy

Now waiting for the MF blog and all is going to plan

They did nothing for survivablity. Some of those comments show how out of touch they are, people dont use evasive fire for its escape route, we actually hate the backflip (or i do).

Boosting the damage instead of lowering the cd was also a very bad choice, 30 sec cd's are for wow, not diablo

I'm imagining using rain on vengeance on a reflect pack... I would be dead the second my smokescreen wore off :P
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-08-16 at 10:02 PM.

What is this crap? Most of the problems with DH moves are how they work not their damage...

More damage that wasn't even needed, nothing in this DH preview so far to bring me back to D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Yeah, this just isn't very good at all. This class doesn't need more damage, it needs more survivability.
    Sentry isn't going to be used much because the range on it is awful.

But if they give you more damage you can equip more defensive stats. And if you don't skip those the class doesn't have a survivability issue.
    Or you still go dmg and kill them before your survivability even matters.

They're not giving DHs "more damage" they're buffing skills you aren't using now to be more competitive so you can try different builds without gimping yourself. They may or not be successful, but if you go into this thinking "yay more damage" or "oes noes nerfs" then you're missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Yeah, this just isn't very good at all. This class doesn't need more damage, it needs more survivability.
    Sentry isn't going to be used much because the range on it is awful.
    They didn't/haven't nerfed the set bonus. It's the price you pay for being allowed to have an accidental buff that is really good. That's why DH's aren't getting any survivability issues looked at. Until that set bonus is looked at Blizz's answer to any survivability problems you are having is go buy the Nat set.

for everyone that doesnt have 100m to buy nats set.. 20m each ring.. and some more per piece... this update did nothing... made me laugh at how they didnt bother boosting impale dmg when its one of the only decent hatred spending skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    for everyone that doesnt have 100m to buy nats set.. 20m each ring.. and some more per piece... this update did nothing... made me laugh at how they didnt bother boosting impale dmg when its one of the only decent hatred spending skills.
    That isn't a complete list of changes so can't say that Impale isn't getting any buffs yet.

I do agree that most of these fixes only bring a little build diversity into hatred generators/spenders but don't fix any of the core problems with DH. How about fixing vault? How about un-nerfing the slow mechanic in inferno so caltrops are a more viable option. Smoke Screen/Shadow Power are so boring mechanically but they are basically required for Inferno. This in turn makes the Nats set a requirement for smooth inferno farming.

We're increasing damage for Loaded for Bear from 290% to 304% - This one surprised me a bit as it's already like shooting a truck at things. Though I did always feel like it was a very gear dependent skill (good crit chance/damage gear) so maybe that is why.

Unfortunately, we haven’t found a great solution yet, so the Grenades skill isn't going to get as much love this patch. - I LOL'd at this. How did this skill even make it through development, testing, or beta?

Just like Hydra for the wizard, Rain of Vengeance is intended to be a trademark spell for the demon hunter. - This was new to me, glad it is getting a buff.

Sentry: The solution was pretty simple for this one: we took its damage, and then we doubled it. - Laughed when I saw the first response suggested tripling the damage and reducing the disc cost or converting it to hatred. I have to agree that just doubling the damage alone wont make it an attractive option for my skill bar.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I shelved my DH back when they raised the repair costs. Seriously would have broken my bank. The DH is just flat out WAY TOO SQUISHY. THAT is what I assumed they'd address with this patch.

After the Critical Mass nerf that Wizard's are getting, I had planned on moving to a new class, and was thinking DH would be it.

Guess I'm gonna have to try out a WD now. DH is still made of glass, melee Wiz is probably a thing of the past, and the 2 melee classes pretty much bore me to tears.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    snip
    Exactly my point, I hope in their official notes since this was just a preview they changed how skills work mechaniclly. I mean there is nothing wrong with turret, but its range is the size of your thumb pressed on your screen.

Turrets chain would of been useful if it had a longer (much longer range). Once you take 3 steps away from it it breaks off. DH is the kiting class so wth is this.

Deleted
    Those are steps in good direction, but I really think that they missed a mark here, I would love to see survivability boost in some way.

Everytime you check ah for dex/crit/crit damage change it to vit/all res/armor if you feel your char has survivability issues.
    Someone managed to melee tank champs before the 50% damage nerf in act 3 with gear that wasn't anything spectacular and you argue the class has issues...

Or to put it in another way, you obviously play glass cannon and don't have enough damage, so Blizzard decided to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Everytime you check ah
    So we buy our way out of a bad class design? The ah shouldnt be a solution to a core class design issue. They never gave us something to compensate for the ss nerf. Nats set or a 60disc pool are our choices, there is no skill involved.

In other arpg games a players skill could negate these problems, but the way this game is designed makes that impossible since we cant really avoid damage.

Everytime you check ah for dex/crit/crit damage change it to vit/all res/armor if you feel your char has survivability issues.
    Someone managed to melee tank champs before the 50% damage nerf in act 3 with gear that wasn't anything spectacular and you argue the class has issues...

Or to put it in another way, you obviously play glass cannon and don't have enough damage, so Blizzard decided to help you.
    Because one person did doesn't mean that the rest of all people who play DH should be forced to do that also. Remember they built this game around "Being able to beat the game and use different setups."

The "buffs" to DH do nothing to the class except for people who are leveling a new DH. Outside of that nobody is going to bother to either play their DH or use the new skills.

DH died with the AS, NT nerf, and unless they go back and return them. DH will never be the class that it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    So we buy our way out of a bad class design? The ah shouldnt be a solution to a core class design issue. They never gave us something to compensate for the ss nerf. Nats set or a 60disc pool are our choices, there is no skill involved.

In other arpg games a players skill could negate these problems, but the way this game is designed makes that impossible since we cant really avoid damage.
    Way to read it the wrong way, the whole point was to change gearing priorities.

Also this has to be a joke, DH is the class that can finish the game with the least amount of gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR2MrPI-88 inferno cleared with 7k hp, under 100 resists and 30k dps. His stats: http://imgur.com/a/AhaOa
    Last edited by abijax; 2012-08-18 at 09:19 PM.

Deleted

Actually it's all res, damage and life steal/LoH. Vit is somewhat useless for DHs after 30-35k. And of course very very high crit or Natalyas set for disc regen.

I'm happy though as I only had trouble with immortal minions (and phasebeasts) as you can't regen from them and they will be gone in 1.04

Way to read it the wrong way, the whole point was to change gearing priorities.

Also this has to be a joke, DH is the class that can finish the game with the least amount of gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hR2MrPI-88 inferno cleared with 7k hp, under 100 resists and 30k dps. His stats: http://imgur.com/a/AhaOa
    At the start he shows clips of him constantly dying. You are not justifying your point. One mistake and the guy died. You can do what he did with any class tbh it just takes a lot of practice and death.

and notice he is just stacking prep/ss.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-19 at 01:26 AM.