Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    What do you guys think the most optimum way to DPS on Primordius as Affli is?

Went with Affli GoSup, left pet on boss full time, but results werent that stellar tbh on the few wipes that we had. Got mutated quickly twice, but even then results were a bit underwhelming.

Thinking of trying out Destro for it tonight, RoF around the boss with quite a few oozes getting hit by the aoe should provide a very nice uptime of embers - maybe even enough to use chaos bolt as a filler
    I went with affliction and gosup. I tried out several things and for me it worked the best to gather 4 mutations and just spam sb+ss on as many adds as possible. If you run out of shards, finish one with DS and continue dotting. I used the fel imp (target switching) and put him on assist, so he attacks the blobs with me because he does reduced damage to the boss all the time (he doesnt benefit from your mutated buff). When you have burn phases on the boss you just gather your 5th stack and pop CD's. This of course depends on your strategy, but it is definitely beneficial to assign WL's on add duty if you want to kill them (in the burn phases we let the boss soak 2-3 waves). Also, the Infernal is better on this fight, because the doomguard also doesnt benefit from your mutated buff and the onfernal does some good aoe dps on the blobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    I went with affliction and gosup. I tried out several things and for me it worked the best to gather 4 mutations and just spam sb+ss on as many adds as possible. If you run out of shards, finish one with DS and continue dotting. I used the fel imp (target switching) and put him on assist, so he attacks the blobs with me because he does reduced damage to the boss all the time (he doesnt benefit from your mutated buff). When you have burn phases on the boss you just gather your 5th stack and pop CD's. This of course depends on your strategy, but it is definitely beneficial to assign WL's on add duty if you want to kill them (in the burn phases we let the boss soak 2-3 waves). Also, the Infernal is better on this fight, because the doomguard also doesnt benefit from your mutated buff and the onfernal does some good aoe dps on the blobs.
    This can very easily turn into meter whoring if you're not careful about which adds you're dotting. Any adds you dot that don't die is 100% whoring, and killing too many adds is not good for your raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    This can very easily turn into meter whoring if you're not careful about which adds you're dotting. Any adds you dot that don't die is 100% whoring, and killing too many adds is not good for your raid.
    Agreed - say it as it is. This already is meter whoring. Most adds won't die from the infernal, but get enough dmg to bump him up to #1 in damage.
    I prefer GoSac in this fight, since pets don't benefit from the mutation buffs and the GoSac scaling with the mutation buffs is incredibly strong.

On another note - what about Durumu?
    I really liked GoSup in this fight, but my pet kept dying several fights in a row. How come? Shouldn't it be almost immune to the AoE effects of him? Can't think of any fight mechanic that would be a threat to my pet's life, but somehow it kept dying. Only had 1-3 tries where it stayed alive the whole fight.
    Am I missing something?
    And since we're already talking about encounter mechanics - Ji Kun? Do pets follow you when jumping down to the egg platforms and/or jumping back up to the main platform or while using the feather flying buff?
    Last edited by mmoc029c04889c; 2013-03-10 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    You're right, but on progress (especially as we only raid 3 days), would prefer to kill the boss rather than whore meters and come #1 :P That can be done when it's on HC farm ^^

Basically on 25 man the tactic we were using is, assign groups of DPS to each lane, make each group get mutated ASAP then go full time on boss till buffs run out, then back to ooze killing till mutation occurs. Resulted in quite a few blobs reaching the boss, but 1 warlock alone wont be enough to kill them solo anyway, and it'll just be pointless meter whoring in that case.

So all that said, I think Destro would be the better option - you can still meter whore *somewhat* with RoF around the boss (especially with Mannoroths fury), but still gain enough embers to go crazy on the boss.

Deleted
    About the meter whoring: When you assign 2 Warlocks and 2 Shadows to the blobs fulltime (except the 3-4 waves you leave out in the dps/heroism phases) less blobs reach the boss = less abilities = less Raid damage. Also you have more puddles on the ground so people can reset buffs when they somehow stacked too many negative debuffs. I dont see where this is meter whoring. Our RL even assigned us to the blobs.

Deleted
    So how do you handle the stacks your locks and spriests get - do they stay at 4 stacks then get 5 when you're ready to burn the boss or do they get 5 to get mutated, and then multidot the boss whilst focusing DPS on the adds?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumble View Post
    So how do you handle the stacks your locks and spriests get - do they stay at 4 stacks then get 5 when you're ready to burn the boss or do they get 5 to get mutated, and then multidot the boss whilst focusing DPS on the adds?
    We let 2-3 waves of adds get soaked by the boss and go FULL dps on the boss. Then, after 1 minute or so we switch on the adds again. The rest is like I said in the previous post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    About the meter whoring: When you assign 2 Warlocks and 2 Shadows to the blobs fulltime (except the 3-4 waves you leave out in the dps/heroism phases) less blobs reach the boss = less abilities = less Raid damage. Also you have more puddles on the ground so people can reset buffs when they somehow stacked too many negative debuffs. I dont see where this is meter whoring. Our RL even assigned us to the blobs.
    Yep, there's different ways to do the encounter. Not the first time I see Evrelia being off about strategies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Yep, there's different ways to do the encounter. Not the first time I see Evrelia being off about strategies.
    That was rather bitchy.

Regardless, my point still stands and is correct: Any add you dot that doesn't die, is meter whoring. Dotting adds that are too close to the boss so they die inches from the boss is also not advised, what if a purple pool spawns right there? Boss heals, gains a tonne of energy, gg. What if you kill adds that are in front of the bosses kite path? Also not a good idea.

Also, too many pools on ground = more negative debuffs on raid. If you only kill enough to get fully mutated on the raid, you won't have anyone accidentally getting negative debuffs.

Even if you are dpsing adds full time, it's more efficient to focus on a specific area. Nothing I said previously was incorrect.

Also, it's much easier to just switch to adds when the raid needs to be transformed. Raid damage is a joke anyway.

So again, mindless multi dotting on this fight = whoring. Targeted multi dotting can be effective.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-03-10 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    And since we're already talking about encounter mechanics - Ji Kun? Do pets follow you when jumping down to the egg platforms and/or jumping back up to the main platform or while using the feather flying buff?
    It does not. Your pet actually despawns from what I tested on PTR. They might have changed that for live, though.

Nah, still despawns and is annoying as hell

Deleted
    Of course you only focus blobs that are behind the bosses kiting pat. But there are more than enough to spend most of your time dps'ing adds. And yes, except the waves we let the boss soak fully we kill almost all adds, so it is effective dps we are doing.
    Last edited by mmocf4dad66cad; 2013-03-10 at 07:44 PM.

Pets despawn when you jump of the main platform and respawn when you land on a small one and the other way round.

Deleted
    Regarding trinkets, and the rankings generated by simcraft. I've currently got relic of yulon and normal essence of the cosmos on my alt, and was wondering how big an upgrade switching to the rep trinket would be. Simcraft suggested it would be roughly 3.5k dps, but when I looked into the uptimes it suggested the proc would occur roughly every 46 seconds. The rep trinket has a 45 second ICD and has a 15% chance to proc off spell hits, ie dot applications, initial applications of MG/Drain, but not dot ticks or channel ticks, so I'm highly skeptical that in reality the trinket would on average take 1 second to proc after coming off ICD.

Asking a lock in guild he said that simcraft is broken in this regard and just sims ICD trinkets as coming up a second after their ICD. I then tried essence of terror, with its 105 second ICD and 15% chance of proccing off spell hit and that also was showing as proccing every 106 seconds. As far as I'm aware this trinket is infamous for sometimes taking ages to proc after it comes off ICD, due to the proc chance being on spell hit rather than damage, so I'm pretty sure simcraft is not accurately reflecting the game.

With this in mind, can simcraft be trusted for trinket rankings?

Edit: just checking through random logs, I found this with 5 different people using essence of terror: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ned+Tongues%22

Time between procs was:

Derperia (aff): 127 seconds
    Mark (aff): 109 seconds
    Zojun (balance): 127 seconds
    Antikz (fire): 120 seconds
    Adaque (shadow): 121 seconds
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2013-03-10 at 09:50 PM.

Simcraft very obviously does not simply sim ICD trinkets as coming up a second after their ICD. Stop spreading FUD.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Deleted
    Explain this then:

"Interval" refers to the average interval between procs, doesn't it?
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2013-03-10 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    Explain this then:

"Interval" refers to the average interval between procs, doesn't it?
    It refers to the average interval between procs across all iterations yes.

Looks like a bug with those two specific trinkets - they were proccing from periodic damage as well. Fixed in SVN now.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Deleted
    Well that was easy, thanks! I'll inform my guildmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    It refers to the average interval between procs across all iterations yes.
    That completely. You have to remember that it is simming 10k or more (if you choose) 450s (again or whatever you choose) fights then averaging. While I really don't trust trinkets right now completely it does give you an idea of where you should be putting trinkets when you're looking to replace one or other.