1. #2001
    so just going down the list here if using non set pieces (aside from being possible higher ilvl they also offer better itemization-more haste)
    head-animus
    shoulders-random drop
    chest-ji kun
    legs-raden
    feet-raden
    bracers-priomordius
    gloves-durumu

    is that correct?

    and for those of us who may not kill lei shen/ra den heroic for the legs and feet slot would the heroic teir legs or heroic TF leggs of jinrock be better?

  2. #2002
    Heroic TF legs from jinrokh would be bis, considering the tier piece has crit on it which is horrible and legs and chest have the highest secondary stats, so it's pretty clear to use offset pants for the haste/mastery combo

  3. #2003

  4. #2004
    Brewmaster Palmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,275
    H Magaera drops BiS bracers.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

  5. #2005
    Blademaster SoulSociety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In a dream, dreaming that Im dreaming dreams.
    Posts
    27
    Need a proper simcraft Trinket list like the Demo guide. Please do, lacking alot of information atm for this guide.

  6. #2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    Who gives a hoot what the BiS TF list is. When at most a handful of 25 man players, if even that many, and no 10 man players will get it before next tier.
    Really all that it says is that the tier gear is not really that great for us and that you can easily replace them for equal (or better) pieces of gear in terms of itemization.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-23 at 11:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    so just going down the list here if using non set pieces (aside from being possible higher ilvl they also offer better itemization-more haste)
    head-animus
    shoulders-random drop
    chest-ji kun
    legs-raden
    feet-raden
    bracers-priomordius
    gloves-durumu

    is that correct?

    and for those of us who may not kill lei shen/ra den heroic for the legs and feet slot would the heroic teir legs or heroic TF leggs of jinrock be better?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2LS1JTFE#gid=0

    Can change the Durumu shoulders for the random drop ones.

  7. #2007
    lei shen trinket better for aff than wushooslays?

  8. #2008
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    lei shen trinket better for aff than wushooslays?
    Seriously depends on the fight (imo). UVLS makes for really really strong openings which puts you way ahead of most every other person that every subsequent proc just makes you go further.

  9. #2009
    Whats the best way to do H-Tortos as aff? I dot up all the turtles and sb:seed the bats for corruption but Im not really happy with my damage out put. We only gotten about 10 pulls in tonight, we'll have more time on Thursday. Overall what should I be doing different or improve to get my damage up for that fight?

  10. #2010
    i go supremacy and have my observer on boss the whole time

    keep dots rolling on tortos while dpsing the three turtles, i sb:ss all three, haunt the marked turtled and mg till i can drain soul, just keep an eye on your other dots - i personally only sb:soc the bats if i am solo on slow duty, other than that i get enough shard regeneration with drain souling turtles sub 20 before it goes immune
    Cabana Pie Chart US 10th Twitch

  11. #2011
    I have to keep both normal and SB Exhaustion on CD and can hardly keep Corruption up on bats for more Nightfall procs. The times of letting Affli tunnel boss on all fights are completely gone.

  12. #2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    i go supremacy and have my observer on boss the whole time

    keep dots rolling on tortos while dpsing the three turtles, i sb:ss all three, haunt the marked turtled and mg till i can drain soul, just keep an eye on your other dots - i personally only sb:soc the bats if i am solo on slow duty, other than that i get enough shard regeneration with drain souling turtles sub 20 before it goes immune
    Yea, I figured that would be the best way to maximize my pet dps would be to sit the pet on Tortos. Do you think in 25man you need more than 1 lock slowing the turtles? Also probably didnt help that I have played Affliction since then end of last patch. Hopefully we get more and longer pulls in tomorrow.

  13. #2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaeo View Post
    Whats the best way to do H-Tortos as aff? I dot up all the turtles and sb:seed the bats for corruption but Im not really happy with my damage out put. We only gotten about 10 pulls in tonight, we'll have more time on Thursday. Overall what should I be doing different or improve to get my damage up for that fight?
    we downed it tonight after some solid attempts last night everything fell into place. during most of our attempts i had just been slowing the turtles and trying to focus them, but in the last few attempts i changed my role to assisting our BM bat kiter and it went much smoother. Basically keep sb:soc on bats, 70% slow on bats, 70% slow on turtles and using extra shards to dot turtles and tortos. also helping to throw out a stun on the bats whenever the tank called for it. i think the only time i got to mg/ds was in the opener and not again until the final ~20%

  14. #2014
    Quick question, if you can help me please:

    My IL is 515, I have 2 pieces of t15 and I have new meta gem (not relevant for question, but anyway). I'm a bit unlucky with trinkets, I have DMF one (2/2 upgraded) and Shado Pan one (from Valor Points).

    My intellect procs are:
    -blessing of celestials
    -enchant from back-enchant
    -jade spirit

    Question: In situation when I have 1-2-3 shards, should I use shards on just Jade spirit proc? Or only on back enchant proc / only blessing of celestials proc? Or should I try to wait (not sit on 4 shards ofc) for 2 intellect procs to occur?

    I hope you understand my question

    Thanks for the help
    o/

  15. #2015
    Keep 1-2 shards for moments when stars align but otherwise just keep up a proper rotation. Get affdots for sure and possibly drain souler. They will tell you when you should be renewing if you want to min/max dot strength and let you renew between channeled spell ticks.

  16. #2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Keep 1-2 shards for moments when stars align but otherwise just keep up a proper rotation. Get affdots for sure and possibly drain souler. They will tell you when you should be renewing if you want to min/max dot strength and let you renew between channeled spell ticks.
    Thanks for response!

    I use affdots, i have no problem with reaplying them. It's just this shard managment... argh!

  17. #2017
    I just switched from destro back to aff now that I have legendary meta and 2 rppm trinkets. Is everyone using supremecy with a haste build 520+ ilvl? I see a lot of aff locks speced to sac (maybe fight specific) and a lot in supremecy, so maybe its a minimal difference with this build and gear? Is there some sort of ilv/gear where u go to sac? Figured supremacy would the the no brainier since im spending a lot more time refreshing dots with all these procs and less time malefic grasp then previous expansions.

  18. #2018
    Supremacy is better for any fight where you multidot most of the time. Sac only benefits single target via MG/DS. 4xT15 makes sac stronger relative to supremacy single target but nothing changes sac only benefitting single target damage. Thus sac on say jinrok is fine or even optimal. Sac on h.tortos or h.primordius is NOT optimal since you are dotting multiple targets with most of your time not channeling MG/DS.

    Its more a question of observer vs fel imp based on how often you need your pet target swapping. H.tortos I park the observer on the boss, h.primordius I use the imp to assist w' a pet attack macro baked into my MG bind. H.Ji-kun I run sac (actually demo sac) but that is due to pet mechanics vs encounter mechanics.

  19. #2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Supremacy is better for any fight where you multidot most of the time. Sac only benefits single target via MG/DS. 4xT15 makes sac stronger relative to supremacy single target but nothing changes sac only benefitting single target damage. Thus sac on say jinrok is fine or even optimal. Sac on h.tortos or h.primordius is NOT optimal since you are dotting multiple targets with most of your time not channeling MG/DS.

    Its more a question of observer vs fel imp based on how often you need your pet target swapping. H.tortos I park the observer on the boss, h.primordius I use the imp to assist w' a pet attack macro baked into my MG bind. H.Ji-kun I run sac (actually demo sac) but that is due to pet mechanics vs encounter mechanics.
    How about on Horridon hc? On our last attempts I changed to Sac cause we're having some trouble killing the adds in time and I felt like the pet was practically just running around, barely attacking anything.

  20. #2020
    An unrelated question: how strong are lfr versions of our "desired" trinkets compared to normal mode versions? I managed to get my hands on BotH normal (and it's really a p sweet trinket), and now I'd like to grab Wushoolay, but have no luck getting it so far. Should I even bother running 1st wing in lfr to get the 502 version, considering I'd be replacing the vp trinket with it? The ilvl drop is pretty huge, but does the synergy between trinkets and/or the fact Wush is RPPM and the VP one has an icd overcome the ilvl difference? I play a haste-skewed build (ilvl 517, haste around 10k, would probably push stats further towards haste after getting meta+Wush).
    Last edited by Rurts; 2013-04-27 at 12:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •