Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Allright tried it. No bugs or errors for me, works like it says it will. Very handy. Kudos to you Ridcully.

If you decide to do more work on the addon at some point I'd love a feature that will allow me to have the display either vertical (like it is now) or horizontal (with the dots side by side). I process info better that way for some strange reason and it's easier to fit into my UI. But minor point, for now I've got it stached on the side somewhere where I can see it out of the corner of my eye and that works too. If I have them horizontal though I'd use it instead of my normal dot timers.
    Yes, I intend to do that. For the same reasons, horizontal is easier to see. Plus a bit of polishing.

Did 141k on Wind Lord. Infernal seems useless, can't get the initial drop damage because of stun, and his damage is pretty low overall. I suspect it is because of his positioning. Unsacced felhunter did about 1.8m damage in first phase. Not much (less than 3% of my total), but since we killed boss 2 seconds before enrage - totally worth it.
    On Amber-Shaper Un'sok 96k, not so good. Can't figure out what I did wrong. Possibly because we did not have stacks on him at the start of P3?
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-11-06 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Yes, I intend to do that. For the same reasons, horizontal is easier to see. Plus a bit of polishing.

Did 141k on Wind Lord. Infernal seems useless, can't get the initial drop damage because of stun, and his damage is pretty low overall. I suspect it is because of his positioning. Unsacced felhunter did about 1.8m damage in first phase. Not much (less than 3% of my total), but since we killed boss 2 seconds before enrage - totally worth it.
    On Amber-Shaper Un'sok 96k, not so good. Can't figure out what I did wrong. Possibly because we did not have stacks on him at the start of P3?
    Yeah I was, as you were, drastically underwhelmed by the Infernal on p1. His damage was so weak I just see no point in ever using him lol. Also nice on the DoT tracker. If you do implement the vertical option I would definitely be willing to use and tell all my warlock friends about it in the future!

How are folks handling the MC's on Zor'lok? I was somewhat reluctant to DoT up teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    How are folks handling the MC's on Zor'lok? I was somewhat reluctant to DoT up teammates.
    I stun them with Shadowfury then keep DPSing the boss for the most part. If it looks like they need help I toss a few Fel Flames. Harvest Life may be an option as well if you're specced into it, but I personally I would take Soul Leech over it for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    If your raid is having extreme problems getting people down hold onto your shards and dump 1 Haunt into an MC. That usually insta-breaks it.

hey is there anyway to lock the affdots bar in place?
    and looking forward to seeing it in horizontal positions!.
    +1

I created an addon to keep track of your dot power.

Since it is my first attempt to write addon, it is beta for now.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots
    Can't wait to get into raid tonight to try this out, thanks a lot mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonm33 View Post
    hey is there anyway to lock the affdots bar in place?
    Next version, 1-2 days. Didn't get anything done today because of the long server maintenance.

Next version, 1-2 days. Didn't get anything done today because of the long server maintenance.
    Loving the addon currently. Just took a little to get use to remembering the color representation, but after was pretty awesome.
    Great work keep it up .

Hey guys, im kinda new to playing affli since ive raided most of this tier in destro as I found it more fun. But now I have finally decided that I wanna pull ahead on the dps and the best way is by going affli it seems. I would love to have some pinpointers at what I should do with my gear, gems etc. that would really help me alot.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Wazzap/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Haffmaistro View Post
    Hey guys, im kinda new to playing affli since ive raided most of this tier in destro as I found it more fun. But now I have finally decided that I wanna pull ahead on the dps and the best way is by going affli it seems. I would love to have some pinpointers at what I should do with my gear, gems etc. that would really help me alot.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Wazzap/simple
    Well, don't gem mastery until mastery is simming half of intel. Other then that, it looks good on your reforges in terms of hitting 4717, but since you're not going for hit cap, might want to try just going down a tad to 12%, not sure if you just found 13% to be more comfortable or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    Well, don't gem mastery until mastery is simming half of intel. Other then that, it looks good on your reforges in terms of hitting 4717, but since you're not going for hit cap, might want to try just going down a tad to 12%, not sure if you just found 13% to be more comfortable or not.
    He's hitcapped, check his expertise at 2% in his melee stats.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    He's hitcapped, check his expertise at 2% in his melee stats.
    Ah. Didn't notice the expertise. Well not much has changed then besides swapping out his gems.

got |Scale Factors 3.74(int) 3.13 1.67 1.33 1.79 1.88(mastery)| now, so the mastery gemming inst overkill then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haffmaistro View Post
    got |Scale Factors 3.74(int) 3.13 1.67 1.33 1.79 1.88(mastery)| now, so the mastery gemming inst overkill then?
    No, that works. Tiniest of upgrades at 3.74 to 3.76 value if you take into account that you get double mastery per gem.

Updated addon.

Changes:
    -Will not load for other classes, affliction warlock only.
    -Frame lock
    -Horizontal layout

Type '/affdots lock' to lock/unlock addon frame.
    Type '/affdots layout' to switch between vertical and horizontal layouts

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/affdots
    Last edited by Ridcully; 2012-11-08 at 03:38 PM.

Updated addon.

Changes:
    -Will not load for other classes, affliction warlock only.
    -Frame lock
    -Horizontal layout

Type '/affdots lock' to lock/unlock addon frame.
    Type '/affdots layout' to switch between vertical and horizontal layouts
    Curse needs some time to approve uploaded files (took about 10 hours for the first version), if you want it right away, here is the direct link:
    http://www.curseforge.com/media/file...fDots-1.01.zip
    Awesome man. I will be sure to spread the word to other locks I know looking for something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, Ridcully. Got the automatic update through Curse-client. Will have a look at it later.

Alchemy Trinket - DMC trinket - Synapse Spring - Jade enchant - Tricks - DS - BL - Occasional mechanic buffs - 4k int pot - Warrs banners...

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS ADDON.

(will u ever make this for the other lock specs as well ?)