Deleted
    Tell you what though, got the Che-Ye trinket, loving it - it procs all the bloody time

Also Iron Qon is a dick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    That completely. You have to remember that it is simming 10k or more (if you choose) 450s (again or whatever you choose) fights then averaging. While I really don't trust trinkets right now completely it does give you an idea of where you should be putting trinkets when you're looking to replace one or other.
    Should probably read Gobuchul's reply that the trinkets were being modelled as proccing off dot ticks...

I expect in the new build the average interval's going to go up to 50-55 now that he's fixed it.

is it worth to replace a 2/2 upgraded Yulon with the new VP trinket? playing as affliction/

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 10:26 AM ----------

also:

Is it a good idea to go all out mastery on multi dot fights like Horridon?
    If yes, does it make sense to still use GoSup or shall i just go for GoSac (due to the pet not benefiting from mastery?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miasmah View Post
    is it worth to replace a 2/2 upgraded Yulon with the new VP trinket? playing as affliction/

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 10:26 AM ----------

also:

Is it a good idea to go all out mastery on multi dot fights like Horridon?
    If yes, does it make sense to still use GoSup or shall i just go for GoSac (due to the pet not benefiting from mastery?)
    VP trinket is total BS.
    Tested on dummy Yulon deals 5k more dps than it.
    Not worth of spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    VP trinket is total BS.
    Not worth of spending.
    I dont know what you doing, but the vp trinket is a better version the EoT Hc 2/2 which was already better than relic. I got decent results with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    VP trinket is total BS.
    Not worth of spending.
    Yeah, wth? It's amazing. It syncs perfectly with Light of the Cosmos, has a stronger proc, uptime and base stats than Essence of Terror.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Yeah, wth? It's amazing. It syncs perfectly with Light of the Cosmos, has a stronger proc, uptime and base stats than Essence of Terror.
    How do you propose handling the mere 10 second duration, re-applying dots when it procs and then not applying them when it's about to run out due to the SS usage, or would you consider the 9 or so seconds more haste to be worth it?

Obviously it'll vary a bit depending on all the other procs you've got going and running out and where they sync up with the haste proc, but I find it a hard call to make when looking at it in a bubble - it's a heap of haste that's nice to abuse for as long as possible, but the SS consumption seems rather high unless you've got adds you can be replenishing from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    How do you propose handling the mere 10 second duration, re-applying dots when it procs and then not applying them when it's about to run out due to the SS usage, or would you consider the 9 or so seconds more haste to be worth it?

Obviously it'll vary a bit depending on all the other procs you've got going and running out and where they sync up with the haste proc, but I find it a hard call to make when looking at it in a bubble - it's a heap of haste that's nice to abuse for as long as possible, but the SS consumption seems rather high unless you've got adds you can be replenishing from.
    Running with 6637 haste, I have no shard problems at all even with SSing at the end of the trinket proc. Get enough shards to keep going through nightfall.

Deleted
    Possible nerfs coming to Affliction.

Ghostcrawler Twitter:

"Also considering buffs to warrior and DK tank DPS. Possible nerfs to dot classes. Nothing extreme. DPS looks good overall (but only 1 week)."

Forum won't let me link.

considering the nature of the raid boss fights in 5.2, there are lots of multi dotting and AOEing.

Now playing as an aff, I have the option of capping 6637 haste and going 8kplus mastery OR shoot for the 9211 haste cap and 6k plus mastery.

Which option do you think is a better DPS increase.

Also should I be taking into account the fact that GoSup is the preferred choice for most fights, however GoSup benefit more from a Mastery heavy reforge?

Pls help!

Quote Originally Posted by Narlsten View Post

Ghostcrawler Twitter:

"Also considering buffs to warrior and DK tank DPS. Possible nerfs to dot classes. Nothing extreme. DPS looks good overall (but only 1 week)."

Forum won't let me link.
    I'm seeing shadow priests for the dot class..

At least I hope.
    Cyner#1996

Aff would be in line for a DoT nerf too considering how many fights it's useful on. They could up MG damage to compensate if they don't want to hurt single target too, but that's up to them. Putting Haunt up further could work too. Or they could just further tone down Aff. And if they do reduce DoT damage, wouldn't that hurt Sac more and make Sup an even better choice?

Course, it'd hurt Aff PVP even more but that's already feeling pretty dead as is.

Deleted
    Lol, first they punish affliction for handling grimoire of sacrifice badly, and now they want to punish us for their boss mechanics "flaws", does the madness ever end?

Deleted
    yeah, doesnt make much sense, azar, its not like it should be a surprise that afflic would perform well on fights with a lot of adds which ToT is full of and almost forcing us into a talent that further increases our multidotting niche, really does seem like they want to punish us for their own bad mechnics. i just hope he focuses more on the "dps looks good overall" part of his post, but knowing blizz, when they say "possible nerfs" it often becomes certain nerfs, i just hope it wont happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Narlsten View Post

Ghostcrawler Twitter:

Forum won't let me link.
    They're also talking about buffing all mage specs. Mages drop from 1st place to 5th on dps on a couple of encounters and it's a global catastrophe!

I think the outrageous Daily Blink comic's idea of blackmailing blizzard payed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    I think the outrageous Daily Blink comic's idea of blackmailing blizzard payed off.

Well, that was quick ^^

Deleted
    The sad thing about the Daily Blink comic, is that I can see GC saying shit like "You know guys, a 800% increase might be what arcane needs to be in the same league as other casters."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    They're also talking about buffing all mage specs. Mages drop from 1st place to 5th on dps on a couple of encounters and it's a global catastrophe!
    i completely agree, lets all be honest, when it comes to nerfs to mages, they are always 100% justified, they have always been the biggest whiners, as if being a mage garantees them being 1st on meters. its their time to be humbled by low dps like we were in vanilla.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-03-12 at 01:03 PM.