1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Kink View Post
    It goes like this(thanks to Brusalk):
    Relic of Yu'lon(DMF Card) > Zen Alchemist Stone > Vision of the Predator > Flashfrozen Resin Globule > Mithril Wristwatch
    How does the Ghost Iron Dragonling compare to these ? (http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530)
    Im gone hit haste mastery, which i assume everyone will do the same for affliction

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    How does the Ghost Iron Dragonling compare to these ? (http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530)
    Im gone hit haste mastery, which i assume everyone will do the same for affliction
    That trinket is absolute piss tbh. The dragonling it spawns is 1) stupid and 2) does piss for damage so we can say that the proc is crap. Now, by looking at the raw stats on the trinket, we can look at the math for the stats from the others (both raw and proc-based) and see that any one of these is much better.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    How does the Ghost Iron Dragonling compare to these ? (http://www.wowhead.com/item=77530)
    Im gone hit haste mastery, which i assume everyone will do the same for affliction
    Giving you an actual answer:

    It's worth the following:

    600 * 1.74 + 600*1.7 + 600*1.49 = 2958.


    That being said, if you're trying to go to hit-cap and can't reach it without the trinket, then it'll be worth subjectively more than other trinkets as if you put a hit and expertise gem in it you get 1200 hit rating from the trinket alone.

  4. #264
    So I have been a lot of playing around with this not being hit capped and it being a DPS increase. After about an hour and half on the target dummy ( not the best I know) it seems that hit capping is not a priority. I saw a 4k dps increase just by swapping gems, gems, and forges. It was irritating to say the least when I miss a MG or a DoT refresh but it seems to be working in our favor.

  5. #265
    How much below hit cap are we talking here? Are you favoring haste or mastery?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alone0129 View Post
    So I have been a lot of playing around with this not being hit capped and it being a DPS increase. After about an hour and half on the target dummy ( not the best I know) it seems that hit capping is not a priority. I saw a 4k dps increase just by swapping gems, gems, and forges. It was irritating to say the least when I miss a MG or a DoT refresh but it seems to be working in our favor.

  6. #266
    7.5% below and I am Mastery>Haste>hit

  7. #267

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Alone0129 View Post
    7.5% below and I am Mastery>Haste>hit
    That's a lot. If you have gear with Hit, you can reforge the other stat to Expertise, which converts to Spell Hit.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Alone0129 View Post
    So I have been a lot of playing around with this not being hit capped and it being a DPS increase. After about an hour and half on the target dummy ( not the best I know) it seems that hit capping is not a priority. I saw a 4k dps increase just by swapping gems, gems, and forges. It was irritating to say the least when I miss a MG or a DoT refresh but it seems to be working in our favor.
    Whilst it isn't critical to be hit capped, to be so far below is just asking for frustration. A string of misses on a critical boss phase could cripple your DPS more than I would like for the sake of ~200 theoretical dps.

  10. #270
    It's funny how simulations say that mastery is better than haste yet the actual parses from WoL clearly show that the affli locks who reforged for haste will do more dps http://worldoflogs.com/reports/wtz19...834&e=9272#Wby 69k dps on feng http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ock/Wby/simple
    You can go over no 2,3,4 affli locks on feng encounter and u'll notice the same thing, they reforged for haste not mastery.
    According to simulations haste should be only a bit ahead of mastery but this guy has double the amount of haste compared to mastery and did close to 70k dps.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-10-04 at 01:51 PM.

  11. #271
    This guide says that Mastery >= Haste
    I´m reforging for Haste just to have a better cast time, I´m not hit capped(Now I have only 8%), so for example: when I miss a UA I will lose less time to recast it.
    Now I´m getting better results with haste.
    I think that it´s my game plan, so you can use Mastery instead of Haste and have the same/better results.

    I don´t know how to find the better stat(SimC?) so I´m following this guide, Mr. Robot(Mastery > Haste) and my own fellings.

    And I think that it´s like Blizzard says. The results that you got from SimC may differs from real life, cause you area human, so you aren´t perfect(so maybe for humans haste > mastery).

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    Whilst it isn't critical to be hit capped, to be so far below is just asking for frustration. A string of misses on a critical boss phase could cripple your DPS more than I would like for the sake of ~200 theoretical dps.
    Agree with this completely. 7.5% below hit is just silly tbh. Without reforging into or gemming FOR hit I currently am at 13%. So I don't know how you're that far below unless you are reforging OUT of hit which I don't understand why anybody would do so (even though Mr. Robot may tell you to do so) in a real world setting.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresdallah View Post
    Agree with this completely. 7.5% below hit is just silly tbh. Without reforging into or gemming FOR hit I currently am at 13%. So I don't know how you're that far below unless you are reforging OUT of hit which I don't understand why anybody would do so (even though Mr. Robot may tell you to do so) in a real world setting.
    I'm not sure either. I mean it is a plan, and if you don't mind the consequences I suppose it could be a good one on some attempts, but I wonder hwo big of an actual gain it is in terms of dps. Tempted to go and sim my char in hitcapped and non-hitcapped configurations and seeing what the difference would be. Might do it tomorrow if I get around to it.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  14. #274
    A better measurement of "DPS" is how many attempts would you be below the threshold required to kill the boss. This is the major issue with not being hit capped, the dps on fights where the boss does die may be better but you'll fall short on the dps check for Elegon for example far more frequently. If your only goal is to top meters, go for reforging out of hit. If you don't want to waste your raids time on progression, please be hit capped. Nothing pisses off a raid leader than a wipe where the only "reason" is a dps had bad "RNG".
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by CDShaidar View Post
    A better measurement of "DPS" is how many attempts would you be below the threshold required to kill the boss. This is the major issue with not being hit capped, the dps on fights where the boss does die may be better but you'll fall short on the dps check for Elegon for example far more frequently. If your only goal is to top meters, go for reforging out of hit. If you don't want to waste your raids time on progression, please be hit capped. Nothing pisses off a raid leader than a wipe where the only "reason" is a dps had bad "RNG".
    It's going to be a sort of tightrope walking act. We are going to have to decide just how much RNG *is* worth it. We know hitcap means less DPS (more so than usual) so how much hit are we comfortable with giving up to improve our DPS, That's the million dollar question. I mean when does RNG become a factor enough for you to say this is too much. I mean if we can give up 1% hit for more damage, that still all right, right? You'll hardly miss, and variance between attempts should be reasonable. So when is it not o.k. anymore? Will be different per raider and raid team, for sure.
    Your soul shall be mine! ||| Forum rules ||| New England Patriots

  16. #276
    What you guys think about using askmrrobot for reforging and gemming, it told me to put 2x320 mastery in my belt but this guide says otherwise at current gear level so dunno what to do now, i wana be hit capped btw. You can check my armory if u click below.
    Last edited by n0n3; 2012-10-05 at 12:56 AM.

  17. #277
    Hi, i've just cleared 4 bosses in vaults but i'm still new to the lock and having trouble figuring out how to prioritize malefic grasp. Do i use it only with all dots applied and is it a dps loss to stop casting it, if not then when?

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    It's funny how simulations say that mastery is better than haste yet the actual parses from WoL clearly show that the affli locks who reforged for haste will do more dps http://worldoflogs.com/reports/wtz19...834&e=9272#Wby 69k dps on feng http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ock/Wby/simple
    You can go over no 2,3,4 affli locks on feng encounter and u'll notice the same thing, they reforged for haste not mastery.
    According to simulations haste should be only a bit ahead of mastery but this guy has double the amount of haste compared to mastery and did close to 70k dps.
    They are extremely close to eachother. For my first week raiding I've been aiming for having no items with crit on them and then just getting mastery on enchants/gems. I haven't reforged a single item yet because I don't see any point doing it when I can't reach haste caps without getting starved on hit for example. When we're done with gearing other mains and it's time for me to come on my lock I'll hopefully be close to what that 69k guy has pulled since I'm simming arond 75k atm. Armory in signature.

    PS. Most top logs this week goes to people who have had a lot of luck with world boss drops and BMAH.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's going to be a sort of tightrope walking act. We are going to have to decide just how much RNG *is* worth it. We know hitcap means less DPS (more so than usual) so how much hit are we comfortable with giving up to improve our DPS, That's the million dollar question. I mean when does RNG become a factor enough for you to say this is too much. I mean if we can give up 1% hit for more damage, that still all right, right? You'll hardly miss, and variance between attempts should be reasonable. So when is it not o.k. anymore? Will be different per raider and raid team, for sure.
    That's just not how Poisson statistics work. If you want the answer from a raid leader, be hit capped. If your goal is to get the highest number on WoL when you happen to kill the boss, do whatever you like.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    They are extremely close to eachother. For my first week raiding I've been aiming for having no items with crit on them and then just getting mastery on enchants/gems. I haven't reforged a single item yet because I don't see any point doing it when I can't reach haste caps without getting starved on hit for example. When we're done with gearing other mains and it's time for me to come on my lock I'll hopefully be close to what that 69k guy has pulled since I'm simming arond 75k atm. Armory in signature.

    PS. Most top logs this week goes to people who have had a lot of luck with world boss drops and BMAH.
    There are no haste "caps" and the plateaus are not something you should worry about unless you're extremely close to one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •