Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    When I make my own. No expense is spared and I include a lot more than any pizza shack could.

I make my dough from scratch. 1/2 non gluten white flour / 1/2 whole wheat flour, brown sugar etc. so good.

Homemade sauce with fresh tomato. got a recipe.. PM me if you want it.

Pillars Pepperoni, cheese is usually a mix of mozz, swiss, muenster. pre-fried veggies.

I also a a sick bunny and put Cheese string sticks into the crust with more pepperoni.

God I love cooking.
    Why 1/2 non gluten flour?

4 Cheeses, alfredo, grilled chicken, ham, bacon. Key to this one is the alfredo sauce instead of a red sauce

10+ Year Old Account
    The homemade one from my parents' neighbors. I've had really good pizza from restaurants and whatnot, but it just doesn't compare
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    Tuna pizza from dominos, fairly moderate. tuna mozarella tomatoe and onions,
    i dont like those pizza's tons of crap on it or those meat pie looking ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes certain pizza is just good. It also depends on what you're in the mood for.

I've had certified neapolitan pizza in Chicago and it was.... good? I mean it was interesting, but for something that falls under strict rules, it wasn't OMG AMAZING.

On the other hand, something as simple as a cheese and olive pizza from dominos after a long day of work is THE BEST THING EVARRRR.

Personally I'm good with most non-thin crust pizzas with olives/onions or hawaiian. Deep dish is good times too.

Also, none of that new crazy stuff.. stuffed crust or hot dog in the pizza bs. Keep it simple.

When I make my own. No expense is spared and I include a lot more than any pizza shack could.

I make my dough from scratch. 1/2 non gluten white flour / 1/2 whole wheat flour, brown sugar etc. so good.

Homemade sauce with fresh tomato. got a recipe.. PM me if you want it.

Pillars Pepperoni, cheese is usually a mix of mozz, swiss, muenster. pre-fried veggies.

I also a a sick bunny and put Cheese string sticks into the crust with more pepperoni.

God I love cooking.
    Do you grate your own muenster? I can not find any muenster that's not sliced.

Mack and Manco's pizza, only sold at the shore here in NJ, but damn is it good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Spinach special from Pizza Papalis

It looks something like this.
    Send me one of those please.

We don't have anything that great where I am now. I went to the "best" in town and it was ok.

The kind Skelington's father makes. Really big, covered in like every topping(tons of meats/vegetables/fruits), and laden with all kinds of spices. Too bad he's only ever made it about twice.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-17 at 02:07 AM.

lil' caesars is the best, get them some of that
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyzor View Post
    Why 1/2 non gluten flour?
    I find that white flour containing gluten makes a slight sour taste. When baking I use no gluten flour and that's not an issue.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Do you grate your own muenster? I can not find any muenster that's not sliced.
    I've had trouble finding it too. Whole foods usually has it. You don't need a lot. I usually just buy 150g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo from a little bistro in my home town.
    Putin khuliyo

When I went to New York, we found a small restaurant in Manhattan (I can't remember the name). But the pizza was the best I have ever ate. The kind of pizza you can eat without a fork and a knife. You just bend the slice and BAM!

awesome sauce

10+ Year Old Account
    Chicken/Bacon From gabriel's pizza. :|

I find that white flour containing gluten makes a slight sour taste. When baking I use no gluten flour and that's not an issue.
    How does the texture come out? Gluten is pretty important for creating structure in dough (elasticity, basically, so you can get it very thin). Might not be an issue if you're not making ultra-thin pizzas, but those are my preference. The sour taste is actually desirable, to me, at least... I let my dough rest in the refrigerator for 3-5 days before using. Let the yeast do its work.

I personally like to keep it simple, when it comes to pizza. Simple sauce, mozz, and maybe 2-3 toppings (my personal favorite being mushrooms, olives, and capers).
    Last edited by belfpala; 2012-08-17 at 02:47 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

i like pizza from east side mario's. with rotisserie chicken, black olives, and mushrooms as the topping.

Sarpinos is the best pizza I've ever had although Gabriellas at South Padre Island is a close second.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    How does the texture come out? Gluten is pretty important for creating structure in dough (elasticity, basically, so you can get it very thin). Might not be an issue if you're not making ultra-thin pizzas, but those are my preference. The sour taste is actually desirable, to me, at least... I let my dough rest in the refrigerator or 3-5 days before using. Let the yeast do its work.

I personally like to keep it simple, when it comes to pizza. Simple sauce, mozz, and maybe 2-3 toppings (my personal favorite being mushrooms, olives, and capers).
    I use quick rise yeast. the texture is great. I've never had issues with it. I guess it's preference really. I'm a fan of a slightly sweet dough which is why I use the non gluten flour and brown sugar as the sweetener. I usually go for thin crust/deep dish style. Where my crust fills the pan to contain the pizza toppings but doesn't overwhelm the pie.

Nacho pizza <3

Mince, Taco seasoning, Jalepenos, Onion, Cheese, Avacado, sour cream and finally the chips
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-17 at 02:56 AM.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 10:15 PM ----------

I've had trouble finding it too. Whole foods usually has it. You don't need a lot. I usually just buy 150g.
    I would buy more for other applications. Nachos, etc.