Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    I've thought on this a bit.

Lately we have seen huge political polarization, liberals despise conservatives, conservatives hate liberals. We are torn on many issues, and the sides are nearly split 50/50. In the future, could the two sides get so upset with each other that armed conflict ensues?
    It isn't going to happen. The country is far more interconnected than it was in the 19th century. The military is also far more federalized. The US military could crush the militias of any dozen states combined without working up a sweat so secession from a military point of view isn't really feasible the way that it was at the time of the Civil War.

The blue state / red state thing is also way overstated. It's not like 100% of the people in the red states are conservative and 100% of the people in the blue states are liberal. It's more like 60/40 in either direction and that's nowhere close to the kind of public support that would be necessary for secession.

Also, there aren't really any issues that separate one group of states from another. Issues like abortion and gay people getting married are issues everywhere - secession wouldn't change that.

And last, but not least, very large numbers of people just don't care that much about politics - they're too apathetic even to vote so you're certainly not going to talk them into supporting something that would involve giving up their currency and having to stop calling themselves Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes people should remember to turn of the tubes and get some fresh air. America isn't even close.

I could get on board with another civil war. Just let me know when yall start so I have enough time to move.

Whatever the culminating event caused by the great chasm forming between political sides in this country is, it's going to be bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieknight View Post
    Quoting for emphasis. I'm right alongside this guy. The only thing that may hinder it is that I live in Texas, which can still legally secede. I wouldn't put it past this state to just bail at a bad time.
    Wait, you guys can do that? Why has this not been fixed?

Though somehow I feel that if Texas were to secede, we'd just go take it back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Liberals and conservatives might be at each other's throats right now, but they're living together.

This isn't like the 1st civil war where slave owners were in one region and non slave owners in another.

Besides, how do you tell who your enemy is? Ask him who he voted for?
    Well, you also have to keep in mind that the first civil war certainly wasn't about slavery, it was about the economy, and who would hold the reins of power.

In order for another Civil War to happen, there needs to be a gross abuse by the federal government of state's rights, in such a manner that also retains loyal states. Without that rift between states, it would simply be a revolution.

The part that intrigues me about what would push a State to war, is the issue that would be behind it. IMO, it would have to be a blatant breach of the Bill of Rights... but which part I'm at a loss. And of course, there would have to be a good deal of turmoil and civil unrest on top of that, revolutions rarely happen during times of economic prosperity.

Uhmm...I doubt a civil war is in our near future. The only way it started beforehand was because a large enough group of people felt they did not have a say in government (Believe it or not, the civil war was less about slavery than you think, and more about the principle nationwide representation and law). Where we are at seems to be a good spot, for both extremes are both in office at the moment, and if they're not now, they will be soon (4 years goes by fast).

That being said, if there comes an issue where a similar occurrence happens in the sense of one group not feeling like they are being heard, then that is when a civil war could happen. At the moment, however, it seems the only group of people that don't directly have their voice heard would be the westboro baptist church and other extremist groups. And I think we all know how an actual war with them would go. I doubt they have many supporters.

If the chaos of the 1960s didn't result in a civil war, what would make anyone think we're close to one now?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    If the chaos of the 1960s didn't result in a civil war, what would make anyone think we're close to one now?
    I'm going to take a guess and state that the military threatening to kill people had something to do with that.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2012-08-17 at 05:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2500 View Post
    Because that was then and this is now and we're special!

People like to think that their generation will be the one where the sky falls. Because who wants to just be another blip on the history radar?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Civil war, really? 90% of the country is too busy texting on their cell phones, even while wiping their ass with toilet paper; most people don't give a shit about politics. Minus some radicals here on there on *either* side, most people are rather civil about their political differences. There are plenty of things wrong with our country but I don't see how anyone could say they think another civil war could even be remotely possible while keeping a straight face.
    Pretty much this. I HIGHLY doubt it will ever come to civil war. I think most people don't care nearly as much as they say they do. Certainly not enough to stage an armed revolt against the other side. There will unfortunately always be extremists who already think they're at war and will go around shooting people that "pose a threat" to them, but for the most part people just like to argue and watch drama unfold. I don't think we're anywhere close to a civil war. Any uprising would swiftly be put down by the US government.

Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Nah, never. The civil war was a time where people didn't consider themselves American, they considered themselves primarily Virginian, or North Carolinian, and it was "us slave states vs them non-slave states". Nowadays, though we may have different political views, we're all Americans at the end of the day.

Plus, I'd argue way, way less people are *actually* as hateful of the "other side" as they claim to be on the internet or TV or the newspaper. After all, civility doesn't make headlines or get responses on an internet forum...
    I guess your views may be correct in the Northeast or on the West Coast; however, in the South we consider ourselves to be (Insert State) first, Southerners second, and Americans third. Also, how long do you expect us (White Americans) to tolerate massive non-white immigration into the US? I guess you expect us to sit back and tolerate our nation being colonized. The nation is already divided among political, spiritual, cultural, and ethnic lines. We're just waiting on a "trigger event" to set this powder keg off.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2012-08-17 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    This is the way it's always been, it just comes into focus during elections.

Shitty journalism from both biased view points and moronic consumers that believe everything they hear and agree with hook line and sinker doesn't help.
    This exactly. The general public is the same as ever, getting close to an election.

There should be a civil war, just between journalists of all the extremely biased "news" networks, a giant cage match to the death would be great.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Are you on drugs? I guess your views may be correct in the Northeast or on the West Coast; however, in the South we consider ourselves to be (Insert State) first, Southerners second, and Americans third. Also, how long do you expect us (White Americans) to tolerate massive non-white immigration into the US? I guess you expect us to sit back and tolerate our nation being colonized. The nation is already divided among political, spiritual, cultural, and ethnic lines. We're just waiting on a "trigger event" to set this powder keg off.
    Last I checked, we "white Americans" "immigrated" here by butchering a bunch of natives. It wasn't even our land to begin with. Non whites have every right to come here if they do so legally. It's this country's diversity that makes it such a rad place to live. We have every race in the world here, and that thankfully isn't going to change any time soon. I realize most Southerners aren't as racist and bigoted as you, but god you're making Americans look really bad right now. Please crawl back inside your barn and keep your hate speech to yourself. If anyone sets off a powder keg, it will be someone like you.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-08-17 at 06:26 AM.

There are too many people vested in the system. Won't happen.

Edit: When the south lost the Civil war, they were generally extremely poor, so what our government did was change the way we voted. The destruction of the south was the reason the Poll Tax was ended. They were just too poor to meet it, and would not be able to vote. OUR Ancestors believed in the voting process and the Country that much. They let the south vote after all that shit. How funny when you think about it and what is going on today.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-08-17 at 06:28 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I guess your views may be correct in the Northeast or on the West Coast; however, in the South we consider ourselves to be (Insert State) first, Southerners second, and Americans third. Also, how long do you expect us (White Americans) to tolerate massive non-white immigration into the US? I guess you expect us to sit back and tolerate our nation being colonized. The nation is already divided among political, spiritual, cultural, and ethnic lines. We're just waiting on a "trigger event" to set this powder keg off.
    What? Please, you are making us southerners look really bad right now. Just stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the U.S. having another civil war. States seceding, maybe even looting and small-scale violence, but not an actual civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Last I checked, we "white Americans" "immigrated" here by butchering a bunch of natives. It wasn't even our land to begin with. Non whites have every right to come here if they do so legally. It's this country's diversity that makes it such a rad place to live. We have every race in the world here, and that thankfully isn't going to change any time soon. I realize most Southerners aren't as racist and bigoted as you, but god you're making Americans look really bad right now. Please crawl back inside your barn and keep your hate speech to yourself. If anyone sets off a powder keg, it will be someone like you.
    Actually, at the time of European contact, there were an estimated 35-million, nomadic Amero-Indians living within North and South America. Out of the 35 million Amero-Indians, an estimated 95% died from disease, and the remaining "natives" were subsequently defeated in military campaigns and relocated onto reservations. However, a significant number of those "natives" bred themsevles into the European gene pool. Furthermore, property rights, as we know it in modern America, is essentially a European concept (I'm going to ignore the fact that "Native Americans" aren't "NATIVE" to the Americas, as well as, the modern theory that puts ancient, Stone-Age Europeans here before the Amero-Indian migration). Our Constitution, before certain Amendments, specifically states that only WHITE Males are citizens within the Republic.

We have a nation born out of the EUROPEAN MIND and BODY, a government designed by EUROPEAN IDEALS, a legal system based upon EUROPEAN COMMON LAW, a EUROPEAN BASED LANGUAGE, a EUROPEAN CORE POPULATION (Currently at 74% but as high as 90% in 1965), a EUROPEAN CORE of Political, Economic, and Military Alliances, a EUROPEAN CULTURE, EUROPEAN TECHNOLOGY, a EUROPEAN ONLY IMMIGRATION POLICY (Removed in 1965), et cetera. In essence, we are a EUROPEAN NATION, and "diversity" is simply the left-wing code for anti-white. Honestly, what benefits are non-whites imposing OUR Nation? Outside of what we granted them within our countries, what rights do non-whites have? It's a fact that non-whites need whites more than whites need non-whites, and they're here until whites decide otherwise (Barring the continued destruction of our EUROPEAN IDENTITY). You seem to be in denial.

As for your other comment, white nationalism is simply the unspoken truth among the majority of Europeans within the US. It's the politicians that continue to go against our desires, and the majority of Southerners, like the majority of America, are RACIAL REALISTS. In fact, I may be a racial realist, but you're just as guilty as me for supporting white genocide and white racism. In fact, you're the biggest hypocrite on this board.

As for my response to the OP, I stand by the assertion that another "Civil War" is looming within America. Once again, we're divided upon cultural, spiritual, political, and ethnic lines. America, as we know it, will disappear within the next one-hundred years.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2012-08-17 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Liberals and conservatives might be at each other's throats right now, but they're living together.

This isn't like the 1st civil war where slave owners were in one region and non slave owners in another.

Besides, how do you tell who your enemy is? Ask him who he voted for?
    the conservatives have an easy time with that, they would go for planned parenthood, hospitals, schools, etc. anything state-funded that benefits society. (just like they do now).

Quote Originally Posted by Elohel View Post
    What? Please, you are making us southerners look really bad right now. Just stop.
    So, you're going to disagree with me? My statement is factually correct on this subject (thread) and I'll stand by it. If you disagree, give a counter-argument as to why I'm wrong. Do you honestly believe that the majority of European Americans are happy with the current affairs of their nation. Should we sit by and become a minority within the nation we built? Honestly, what are the "perks" to an increased level of diversity (non-whites) within America? Please explain.