Anyone else fall short when finishing Act 4?

Every character I level finishes Act 1 at level 30 like hes supposed to. But every time I do NM I finish at 48 and every time I finish Hell usually st 58. I usually kill everything in my path so why am I always 2 levels short on every character I make? Also is running Act 3 from the start to finish the best way to get those 2 levels? I find repeating the same quests 745645643 times boring so would just rather do a full clear.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-17 at 02:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just get a buddy to run me through ponyland a couple of times.

It's because they nerfed all the questing exp so much to stop people PLing 1-60 in a couple of hours.

It probably was a bit over the top.. I could level myself up insanely fast killing Iskatu over and over again without even having someone kill him for me. And yes I would say running Act3 is the fastest, helped my friend PL to 60 and we did it from the fields of slaughter -> azmodan. Run was taking 30 min and would level up once or twice per run from 50->60
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-08-17 at 02:52 AM.

I have some reduced level weapons with 800 DPS each and with a total of 5k life on kill so I cant die. Guess I will just grind it out. Best thing is I can drink beer with one hand and just run around holding my right mouse button down spamming cleave and 1 shotting everything with the other hand.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-17 at 03:14 AM.

I think i was doing a3 from last waypoint til after the first boss in a4 (he pays decent for the quest). Its mostly a grind at this point.

Get a demon hunter buddy with evasiive-covering to speed things up.

2 bubs into 49 and heading towards siegebreaker. should be 50 by assmodan.

Yea I heard doing Azmodan through Rakanoth was good exp but boring.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-17 at 03:28 AM.

On my second account and soon to be 7th level 60. I also always end at 48 and 58 I guess cause quest exp has been like halved. Only character that didnt have to repeat stuff was my first but then quest exp wasnt nerfed. But every character since the nerf always finishes short. Im on my final push to 60 now with a new alt and just bought a new set of gear that gives me 200 bonus exp per kill and got a 25% exp gem for my helm. I hope thats enough to make a noticeable difference. I think if you play through every act and quest and kill as much as possible you should be ready for the next difficulty after you beat Diablo. But no matter how many mobs I kill even if I do the side dungeons I am always at least 1 level shy. But running Act 3 a few times always does the trick. Just use reduced lvl weapons so you basically 1 shot everything and before you know it that bar fills up.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-17 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    I still find it easy to level a character

Get a high grade red gem, always look for a socket when buying helms to use for leveling. You can get something like 25 or 30% additional exp from that gem, it's hugely important. Anyone leveling without doing this is shooting themselves in the foot, unless they really enjoy being low level.
    Last edited by Trotheus; 2012-08-19 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    Get a high grade red gem, always look for a socket when buying helms to use for leveling. You can get something like 25 or 30% additional exp from that gem, it's hugely important. Anyone leveling without doing this is shooting themselves in the foot, unless they really enjoy being low level.
    This is pretty much the case... Even a Perfect Square Ruby is almost 25% More XP. It's a permanent XP shrine, which will stack on it btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    This is pretty much the case... Even a Perfect Square Ruby is almost 25% More XP. It's a permanent XP shrine, which will stack on it btw.

Still retarded. When you play through the final Act of a difficulty you should go straight to the next one not be forced to go back and farm another 1.5-2 levels. If you character is weak and you die then yes you can go back and grind out a level or two but its just dumb right now that even without skipping trash or elites you still fall short after you finish Act 4.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-20 at 02:54 AM.