Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    I'm so sick of Blizzard's 'stat based' approach to everything. The % of people doing something is not indicative of either quality or enjoyment, DS being a prime example of this. Blizzard needs to wake up and start actually playing the game and stop relying on Excel columns to design things.
    Yet another sweeping generalisation that adds nothing constructive to the topic at hand. In fact, your comment is so generic you could just copy/paste it into any thread with a "waaa Blizz sux" sentiment.

What would you have them do at this point? Hold a seance to decide what to do? Throw darts at a dartboard? Forum poll?

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    They were doing it once a month.
    I doubt they will increase it more. They stopped at 30% with ICC. I don't see any reason to go further with DS, especially 5.0 and MoP being around the corner.
    "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Lou Holtz"

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Yet another sweeping generalisation that adds nothing constructive to the topic at hand. In fact, your comment is so generic you could just copy/paste it into any thread with a "waaa Blizz sux" sentiment.

What would you have them do at this point? Hold a seance to decide what to do? Throw darts at a dartboard? Forum poll?
    Presumably it was another "Tell them to stop sucking and get better" type of deal. Because THAT worked out so well...

Don't forget with each expansion they need to dumb down the content more then the previous ones as they ultimately trying to attract a younger playerbase going into MoP. MoP is like the reset and rebuilding of the new playerbase imo as blizz needs to think about there future and thats getting young players hooked now on easy and fun content that will keep them subbed for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Rreessii View Post
    I doubt they will increase it more. They stopped at 30% with ICC. I don't see any reason to go further with DS, especially 5.0 and MoP being around the corner.
    A 30% boss nerf is completely different from a 30% player buff. Power of the Aspects is already the equivalent of a 143% player buff. They wouldn't have given the spell the capacity to go to 35% if they didn't think they might use it. Furthermore, they've been increasing the strength of the buff every 4 to 6 weeks (gradually taking longer each time), so with 5 weeks remaining until Mists it'd be no worse an investment than any of the previous increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    I sincerely hope not. DS does not need another nerf. I wouldn't even have thought that many guilds would still be trying to progress this close to the new expansion. I know that ours certainly isn't.
    When you get a little older you may realise that just because you can do something it does not mean everyone can do it In the same way, just because you cannot do something (and I can think of at least 2 things you cannot do) it does not mean that no one else can do them. People, guilds, are different, started at different times, have different schedules, all sorts of things can mean they have not cleared it yet. Also, they could simply be bad

Oh - the 2 things you cannot do? I would guess you are male so you cannot become naturally pregnant or breast feed a baby despite the fact over 51% of the population can

Quote Originally Posted by Trops View Post
    I don't recall them saying they'd go over 30%. If I recall correctly, they even stated it would be 30% max.
    Nope. They never stated that, and on the PTR the debuff was datamined to be 35%.

Faster runs, easier mount farming. I'm spending 99% of my time on the Beta anyway.

35% isn't necessary, but it'll make PuG runs smoother for those people on more backwater servers. For me personally, it won't really change much. PuGs on my server are clearing 8/8 normal and up to 6/8h with no or very limited voicechat, and the bad ones will keep being bad because they somehow manage to mess everything up there is.
    Might make 25man PuGs actually work as well, instead of always disbanding at whichever boss the group goes for 2nd.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2012-08-17 at 04:57 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    They are adding a Feat of Strength for unnerfed clears. This will solve all our elitism problems.
    ARE or SHOULD? I doubt they will make one. And whats the point? Adding non-buff achi is rather pointless when everyone
    1) Knows insides and outsides of the fight.
    2) Has full heroic gear and most likely full epic gemmed too aka overgearing the fight.
    and 3) some stuff is flatly nerfed already (or fixed, however some people want to call it)

and lastly 4) No one wants to shoot themselves to leg and remove the buff. People are mostly against the idea, not the buff itself. No, it wont solve "elitism "problems""
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2012-08-17 at 05:03 PM.

Someone link the damage/spell changes in DS in 5.0.4?

Dumbest Thread 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    ARE or SHOULD? I doubt they will make one. And whats the point? Adding non-buff achi is rather pointless when everyone
    1) Knows insides and outsides of the fight.
    2) Has full heroic gear and most likely full epic gemmed too aka overgearing the fight.
    and 3) some stuff is flatly nerfed already (or fixed, however some people want to call it)

and lastly 4) No one wants to shoot themselves to leg and remove the buff. People are mostly against the idea, not the buff itself. No, it wont solve "elitism "problems""

Think he's referring to MoP. They ARE adding FoS on clearing content b4 nerfs.

Some players might need 35% when new talents come out and they aren't that familiar with the changes. Makes it easier to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    A 30% boss nerf is completely different from a 30% player buff. Power of the Aspects is already the equivalent of a 143% player buff. They wouldn't have given the spell the capacity to go to 35% if they didn't think they might use it. Furthermore, they've been increasing the strength of the buff every 4 to 6 weeks (gradually taking longer each time), so with 5 weeks remaining until Mists it'd be no worse an investment than any of the previous increases.
    I know the difference between the two and knew this already. I'm only stating that going further with the buff would be useless. If you take into consideration that 5.0 is the week after next week or the first week of September. Why add another five percent, when you have class changes coming with the patch?
    Last edited by Rreessii; 2012-08-17 at 05:20 PM.
    "A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song. -Lou Holtz"

Eh, it'll make it easier to farm up those last few mounts for people.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I was in a 10 man DS PuG on the PTR a weeks back and there was no Power of the Aspects anywhere in sight whatsoever. Talking to Mr. Afrasastrasz didn't unlock it either.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Not sure if this is relevant, but I was in a 10 man DS PuG on the PTR a weeks back and there was no Power of the Aspects anywhere in sight whatsoever. Talking to Mr. Afrasastrasz didn't unlock it either.
    It's displayed on the trash/bosses, rather than on the players. You have to talk to someone to turn it off.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't even matter at this point. Normal is easier than LFR, Heroic is as difficult as normal was when it first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rreessii View Post
    It's displayed on the trash/bosses, rather than on the players. You have to talk to someone to turn it off.
    I'm well aware of it's supposed to work, but none of the mobs in there were debuffed with anything other than player debuffs. I also explicitly remember Morchok having 36000k health. (this was on 10 man normal)

Edit: Mind you I was the first one to enter the instance, so no one could've turned it off before me either.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2012-08-17 at 05:33 PM.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I'm well aware of it's supposed to work, but none of the mobs in there were debuffed with anything other than player debuffs. I also explicitly remember Morchok having 36000k health. (this was on 10 man normal)
    Oh, okay. Might not be available on the ptr or bugged? /shrug

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    A 30% boss nerf is completely different from a 30% player buff. Power of the Aspects is already the equivalent of a 143% player buff.
    Can you explain the math about it? I'm not mocking, I've no idea.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 09:49 PM ----------

Edit: Mind you I was the first one to enter the instance, so no one could've turned it off before me either.
    The debuf never entered the LFR, it was only normal/hc. This is the reason it's humorous that normal is probably easier than LFR now, at least in some cases. Main advantage of LFR is it gives people automatically.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2012-08-17 at 06:41 PM.