Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I see the exact same cut scenes with the exact same bosses. Only thing different that i get is gear which I might add is just rendered a different color. I have beat the game I have seen all the content gear is just an ends to see all that content. After that the gear is worthless to me.
    The challenge is present in front of your eyes. If you choose not to partake in the challenge that doesn't make the game easier nor do you effect my game experience. Giddy up!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    None of you are going to get Classic or Burning Crusade back. They're in the past, move on.

Hard work is very much so rewarded and if you can't see that, then I'm sorry for you. I'm skilled and at the same time, I work hard. I work very hard at what I want in this game and I get it done. I'm happy, satisfied, and I move on to the next thing I want to tackle.

I am a little confused about what you're complaining about precisely. Are you working hard to get gear? Achievement points? Loremaster? Mounts? Pets? Progression in raids?

Hard work is always an option and if it doesn't pay off in your guild, move on.
    I am literally in love with your sig.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    I am literally in love with your sig.
    LOL! Thanks. : )
    Meep~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Sadly, pretty much.
    This is his best work by far!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...or-my-own-good

Shouldn't is just another word for assuming something.
    No, it's a word for pointing out your foolishness. You are a man of many contradictions my friend. Anyone reading through this thread can pick up on it asap, even the hardcore raiders you yearn to be part of it.

Please do not respond to the OP. He admitted that since he has no talent, he can only win this argument with persistence (as he's not capable of effectively arguing, as evident in the original post), i.e. he'll keep beating this dead horse until everyone gives up and then he'll delude himself into thinking he's won.

The only way to win is not to play.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    You feel the game isn't that much of a grind anymore so you are put at a disadvantage?
    Thats how I read it. He is saying he is THE very "MMO-Champ" definition of casual. Loves to grind things outside of top/current tier raiding to get the same things. I can easily form any opinion based on his post becasue it was left sooo wide open. Not even a SINGLE example of how he grinded his way to the top "back in the day".

Also, to make a real argument, he just needs to put a number behind "So much" in his post and then people can discuss this "outcry" (keyword "cry")

Because Blizz does internally, Misterbater.
    Last edited by mindbomb; 2012-08-17 at 06:57 PM.

I have no incentive to work hard. Titles and gear are worthless to me now. I have seen all the cut scenes hardcore raiders have and I have fought all the bosses they have. Only difference is arbitrary numbers.
    By your statement here, though... you would "work hard" with your guild to pass a normal mode raid... and then quit on them, as better gear and "arbitrary numbers" are worthless to you?

People who like to "play" this game like a job have hard modes to strive for with a guild.
    People who want to "play" this game like, well, a game, have LFR.
    People have different lifestyles than you. Deal with it.

There is no longer motivation for me or anyone else to work hard when you can bypass all of it via LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Oh I remember that one, I think I posted in it once too. Too funny. We shouldn't be talking about it though, too off-topic and can probably be considered badmouthing.

I guess the best would just be to report the thread and move on, considering that after his replies, it turned more than obvious that he's flame baiting people.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-17 at 07:08 PM.

I have no incentive to work hard. Titles and gear are worthless to me now. I have seen all the cut scenes hardcore raiders have and I have fought all the bosses they have. Only difference is arbitrary numbers.
    Oh, okay, so the problem isn't that there is a reward for working hard, it's just that you don't want to. Well...I dunno, then, bud. If you don't want to work hard and feel like you actually accomplished something difficult, then maybe hard work just isn't for you. That's what makes me feel good. My guild worked hard at doing Heroic DS, and each new boss we defeated, we felt a rush of accomplishment, not because of the gear we were about to get, but because we took on and overcame a challenge.

There is no longer motivation for me or anyone else to work hard when you can bypass all of it via LFR.

I beg to differ.
    Meep~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by binary View Post
    You said " You can no longer use good ole fashion hard work to climb your way to the top." and then went and said "Why on earth would anyone want to run heroic when I can see the exact same content running LFR?" so clearly you don,t want to use that good ole fashion hard work to get to the top, you're happy to be at the lowest end of raiding content.
    Good point. If you can invest time in learning the game and making trys in HC, why don't you do that? I don't think you are one player of the top world guilds who clear heroic content in 3 weeks, so for you, and your guild, there will be a continuous effort in trying to clear it. In our guild we are just 4/8 Hc, we don't usually kill Hc bosses but with this long patch we had to get in them, and we are investing time and working every night to advance throught DS Hc. We are workers, not profesional ones, but every night we find a challenge to work on.

*sigh* I don't even...I...nope, I can't do it. I'm out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not afraid to come out and say it 'I suck at natural skill' in game and in real life. I compensate for this by being a hard worker. Over my life I have come to the conclusion that most people are simply going to learn things faster than me and there nothing I can do about it. However, I have one thing going for me. I am a grinder in games and in real life. When most people quit I am still working and over time I begin to catch up or even gain advantage.

What does this have to do with world of warcraft? It no longer offers this option. You can no longer use good ole fashion hard work to climb your way to the top. That's whats wrong with this game and that's why there is so much out cry for vanilla/TBC back.
    You pretty much nailed it. Games shouldn't mean "work". There's plenty of work in real life. Good job.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're smart enough to see that LFR isn't heroic raiding either. Maybe to smart.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-08-17 at 06:59 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Why on earth would anyone want to run heroic when I can see the exact same content running LFR?
    LFR isn't "grind to the top" like you described yourself. LFR is for ANYONE. If anything, you just made yourself look stupid; you claim to be a hard worker and wonder why no one else wants to work hard, yet you take the easy route and LFR your way through boring and easy content...? /golfclap

If you're as hard of a worker as you say, where are your heroic achievements/mounts/gear(s)?...

Edit;

Also, you run it on HEROIC so you can WORK HARD for the Heroic gear. Instead of getting the EASY LFR handouts like most causals.
    Last edited by MagicBanana; 2012-08-17 at 06:59 PM.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Why on earth would anyone want to run heroic when I can see the exact same content running LFR?
    Yeah, you get the experience of 4 globs on Yor'Sahj in LFR, the experience of Goriana actually coming down, the experience / race that is Ultra Heroic pre nerf, etc in LFR. No reason to run heroic at all >.>

But really, LFR is different from Heroic, and you should want to run heroics to be the best, which you can't be in LFR.

Wow is a video game why the hell would/should HARD WORK have anything to do with a video game?
    Last edited by Zoneseek; 2012-08-17 at 07:00 PM.

You can't "bypass" your way into legendary gear via LFR. Your statement is false. If legendary gear is not enough motivation for you, then you are not a true grinder as you described.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many years ago we gamers played games on various settings. There were those who played the games on the hardest settings. There were those who played the games on the easiest settings. Both group saw the same content. Nobody complained about. What changed?