Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is there anyone else of this forum who is actually excited for both GW2 and MOP?

All I seem to see is just bashing of each other.
    Even some really, really intelligent people, with well reasoned arguments, can dismiss an argument on the basis of "well go play GW2 then" or "You like MOP, end of."

I am actually annoyed that the patch drops a few days after I get early access on the 25th. I am so, so excited for both. I would like to have 2 of me, if that's cool.
    Really, can't you all just stop hating each other?
    Both are popular, awesome games for a reason.
    If you're "converting to GW2"... do yourself a favor and just give MOP a try.
    If you're a die hard WoW fan... well, everyone I've ever seen who has PLAYED GW2 in the Beta has liked it. I feel like most "GW2 sucks" comments are from people who read that there was no end game and decided to neglect to wanna know anymore.

They are both shaping up to be amazing games.
    Anyone else think the same?

I'm not buying GW2 so I'm not excited for it. It would be a waste of money for me.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Yup, me and also a bit annoyed at the timing of the pre patch

Still, i'll just check the new talent changes and then it's GW2 until MoP launch

I am always excited for any new games that rock with their proverbial cocks out. I will not be buying GW2 but I wish it much success.

I've already pre-ordered both so yea.

I'm excited for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already bought Guild Wars 2 and pre-ordered Mists of Pandaria. I am pretty interested in both the new expansion and a new game such as Guild Wars 2. No monthly fee for Guild Wars 2 whilst that is what World of Warcraft has which means that I can play both games and enjoy them. I will play the hell of of Guild Wars 2 until MoP comes around and then it's leveling time since I have to raid. Once MoP becomes to the point where I can 'take a break', I'll play Guild Wars 2 along it's side.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am also excited for both, but I am pretty sure they planned the patch day for the 28th on purpose, and same with the launch of MoP being the 25th of September.

Just like the Annual Pass came out right before SWToR which stifled the launch a bit (a bunch of my coworkers were gonna try SWToR, and decided not to when they announced the Annual Pass), Blizzard is strategically launching to stifle GW2.

It makes sense from a business standpoint. The pre-patch comes on the 28th, so a bunch of people that un-subbed at the end of DS will come back to check it out and prepare for MoP, and the launch of MoP comes 1 month after GW2 comes out, which means people will have the brand-new-ness worn off, and they will be starting to find things they don't like in the game, and MoP comes along and grabs their attention.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. Preordert both. Really looking forward GW2 in a Week, and then 1 Month later MoP.
    I never understoofd the hatred between mmo-communitys, why there can't be a few good onces?

I can totaly agree with Ruie. It is the same with me. GW2 till MoP and when MoP gets boring, I will play GW2 again.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Deleted
    I'll buy GW2, I played GW before I started WoW, But I will continue playing WoW/MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was excited until I played one of the BWE and realised it wasn't the game for me and that most of it was just over blown hype. Sorry if people who like the game feel otherwise.

I get the feeling there will be a lot of dissapointed people who simply wanted their own version of WoW 2.0. GW2 is different, nor will it appeal to as broad a range of players as WoW does.

I also keep getting the feeling arena-net are complete populists when it comes to their blog posts. I can't remember the exact quote but its was something like "We want our game's success to be measured by fun, not subscription numbers" despite the obvious fact people subscribe because they are having fun in a game.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-08-17 at 10:05 AM.

I am. I'm not betting on sticking around with GW2 for too long, but I plan to get the worth of the purchase price in fun and exploration hopefully. But I am waiting until I am bored of MOP to start playing GW2.

Me. One is subs, one is not.

The only thing I won't ever be able to justify to myself is two subs based games at once.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mmmh just bought Darksiders II so GW II will have to wait and personally I think It's overhyped which is a BAD thing but every single of my friends want me to grab it -.- sigh

As for MoP meh just another expansion, I'll grab it eventually to mess around
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-17 at 10:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'll definitely be playing both. I'm more excited for GW2, but that's just because it's completely new to me - I've been playing WoW for so long now, I guess I'm just a bit 'jaded' with it. I'm sure I'll get plenty of enjoyment from WoW for a while yet though
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I was excited for both. But the more I see of GW2, the more my hype fades.
    I'll still try it though, I just think I'm up for a disappointment if I would have been super hyped for it.

Deleted
    I'm interested in both. Wouldn't say excited, there's better games being released at the moment.

But i certainly don't prefer one over the other. Played Wow for 5 years, barely played gw ever, but both having interesting features in their new releases.
    Last edited by mmoc5d21993eb0; 2012-08-17 at 10:44 AM.

Yep, yep, yep! I've been looking forward to GW2 for yeeeears, but I've made a point of avoiding listening to the hype and I know virtually nothing about it (I've caught bits and pieces, like accelerated crafting speeds but that's really it).

I see the two games filling different roles for me. I really don't see why they'd need to be in competition at all, except to soothe the ego of really really bored people.

Cant say I've been following GW2, but I'm excited as flack about MoP, but I'm open to ideas, I'll give GW2 a try since my friends are getting it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Only gonna play WoW, but I am excited that there is more competition. Never a bad thing at all, and I've seen the videos, GW2 looks like it will be a fun game.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.