Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Ok, now this is annoying.

I'm EU, Horde, Misery BG and I win 1 random battleground out of 8-10. I simply can't be the only one, can I?

10+ Year Old Account
    nah, prolly the same for 95% of the community, but i'm alliance, winning once every 12th BG, then I can get a random win streak of 6-8BGs..
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Awesome, but unlike you, I don't get random win streaks of 6-8. I just lose every single BG and I can't figure out what the hell is this going on.
    Last edited by bmn1; 2012-08-17 at 07:31 PM.

horde on us ruin bg seems to lose all the effing time too.
    we have constant fresh 85s in greens and mass bots vs top of the line geared alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And yet it's the same on both sides. I've played both factions in Cyclone since 2010. You can go in at any bracket as any faction at any time of the day and find bots in every single situation. It's particularly bad at 85 and past 11PM, but the long and short of it is that it's the same for both sides regardless of what you might think.
    yepp, true that. My friend is horde, he constantly loses, and tells me that alliance wins 9 out of 10, while i, on the ally side says the same about the horde. so.. it's just a RNG, to get into the 'Dream Team'
    ― Tim Burton

Deleted
    Players tend to remember the bad losing streaks when they have to tell how often they win games. You won't hear people say something in the lines of "yeah i play horde and we win like 9 out of 10 times" because in reality it's about 50/50. As i said we just have a tendency to focus mostly on the "bad runs" and forget about the wins because they feel less significant, and won't bring any emotions up unless it was like a miraculous comeback from a game that you thought you for sure was gonna lose, otherwise wins are just meeh whatever

Quote Originally Posted by YlfTheCasual View Post
    yepp, true that. My friend is horde, he constantly loses, and tells me that alliance wins 9 out of 10, while i, on the ally side says the same about the horde. so.. it's just a RNG, to get into the 'Dream Team'
    Dream team = team with less bots ;p

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bots, bots everywhere

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmot View Post
    Dream team = team with less bots ;p
    Hahaha, exactly. Sad but true That's why I usually, nowadays atleast que up with 4 of my guildies.
    ― Tim Burton

The problem people seem to have is that they expect to win every time they enter a BG when you can realistically only expect to win 50% of the time.

Winning is cool, but you don't get excited over it, and once you're in the next one it's pretty much forgotten, whereas losing stings and can alter your mood. Imangine your typical pug in a BG, when you're losing it's "OMFG YOU NOOBS L2P" (and much, much worse) and the like for the duration, and when you win they might go so far as to say "gg" at the end.

You remember the losses and forget the wins pretty quickly, that's all. As for streaks, both kinds come and go, Hopefully in the end you're getting out pretty even.

Also, bot RNG, because that's a whole other bag of shit.
    Last edited by Amat; 2012-08-17 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all depends on your Battlegroup I think, unless they have changed it. I stopped bothering with random battlegrounds since over half the team was just auto afk'ing. A quarter would be screaming and bitching, an eighth would be under geared, one sixteenth would be bots, and the last sixteenth was people actually trying.

Edit: Oh and every battleground is treated like AV, Zerg rush to one point to try to get victory.
    Last edited by sscavenger; 2012-08-17 at 09:17 PM.

Misery (EU) battle group is the hotspot for bots atm. There are plenty of bots. you run into 2 bots at least every 10 man bg.
    It gets even worst at very late time. we where 2 human players horde vs 1 alliance alliance the rest where all bots. I could not believe what i was seeing (this was very rare i have to admit). I have played on multiple battle groups over the years and i have never encountered something as corrupted and ruined as Misery that bg is a bot fest.
    If you enjoy battle grounds i highly suggest you move away from that (Misery) bot fest.

in b4 battle groups do not matter anymore. yes the do i have 3 characters on different battle groups and all queue against their own battle groups realms with very few exceptions.
    Last edited by WarTV; 2012-08-17 at 09:25 PM.

I don't think that the "you remember losses more often" always applies. Ive played alliance and horde on my battlegroup, and have a ratio of 3 to 1 as horde and 1 to 2 as alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    I don't think that the "you remember losses more often" always applies. Ive played alliance and horde on my battlegroup, and have a ratio of 3 to 1 as horde and 1 to 2 as alliance.
    I'm sure it doesn't always apply, but it's certainly a factor. As for that statistic you provided, are you literally keeping track of every win and loss you encounter, also, how many battlegrounds does that total, is it a big enough number to give an accurate reading?

I'm not trying to be difficult here, it's just that the experiences of one person can't reflect the results overall.

Quote Originally Posted by sisk View Post
    Players tend to remember the bad losing streaks when they have to tell how often they win games. You won't hear people say something in the lines of "yeah i play horde and we win like 9 out of 10 times" because in reality it's about 50/50. As i said we just have a tendency to focus mostly on the "bad runs" and forget about the wins because they feel less significant, and won't bring any emotions up unless it was like a miraculous comeback from a game that you thought you for sure was gonna lose, otherwise wins are just meeh whatever
    Sometimes it's like that but on my one toon i recorded wins/loses for a cta weekend, 8 wins 30 loses, actually checked his win/loss and it was ~30%, I just gave up on that toon and deleted him.

Oh ya it was the hyjal server btw, on my horde pvper i had like ~60% win/loss
    Last edited by mmines; 2012-08-18 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Sometimes it's like that but on my one toon i recorded wins/loses for a cta weekend, 8 wins 30 loses, actually checked his win/loss and it was ~30%, I just gave up on that toon and deleted him.
    This is my point, that was a shitty weekend for you, but that was just the 38 BGs you did that weekend out of the huge number there were. I'm aware that bad luck shouldn't strike that hard, but it can and again, that's too small a statistic to accurately represent anything. Not to mention, and not to take away from you, but anecdotal evidence from a small percentage of the playerbase can not reflect the big picture.

There should be an online reference for this per battlegroup, or at least per region.

If you want a higher chance of winning than make sure to bring along a couple friends that you know are decent players. This will change your 1 out of every 10 into 9 out of every 10, especially with good heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Amat View Post
    This is my point, that was a shitty weekend for you, but that was just the 38 BGs you did that weekend out of the huge number there were. I'm aware that bad luck shouldn't strike that hard, but it can and again, that's too small a statistic to accurately represent anything. Not to mention, and not to take away from you, but anecdotal evidence from a small percentage of the playerbase can not reflect the big picture.

There should be an online reference for this per battlegroup, or at least per region.
    well yes that was just that weekend but overall on that toon I had over 100 games, queuing starting around 6pm. Unfortunately I don't have anybody on alliance side to compare numbers with but on horde side I do and they all have roughly the same numbers as my horde toon who has I think 600 or more bg's played

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siq1ne View Post
    If you want a higher chance of winning than make sure to bring along a couple friends that you know are decent players. This will change your 1 out of every 10 into 9 out of every 10, especially with good heals.
    This is true, around when i stopped pvping I got in with a group of about 4-5 people for a little while until they quit the game which is when i stopped pvping, but we did win almost every bg, especially 10 man bg's, don't think we ever lost those, at least never lost a wsg or twin peaks.
    Last edited by mmines; 2012-08-18 at 01:09 AM.

why dont you tell your characters name so we can look your real stats up?

When I'm in battlegrounds, I feel like I can make a huge contribution for the team being a good healer. Yes, I sometimes pick a few friends and go BGs with them (also people who know how to play) and then we win almost always. I've always felt that alliance is the one losing. My win/loss ranges from 61% (SotA) to 84% (BfG) and I have 137-439 games on all of them.

When I was alliance in WotLK, I felt like I lost all my BGs. And then I was horrible on this game compared to now so that's why I think that one good healer can turn the tide.