15+ Year Old Account

Canon-compliant names... am I overthinking this?

So I've done the research on what races uses which basic Earth naming systems, and the differences between legions and etc. etc... But I still can't think of a canon-compliant surname for a Charr. I get that the surname is based on "warband + feature of the character" formula, but how do I decide a warband without totally screwing up someone else's canon? For example, if I were to choose the name Firerazor, but there's already a warband guild running around with the name "Razor." ... Or just go, "screw other people's canon, I'll pick the name I want, so what if there's multiple Razorwhatevers!"? Is there a canon list of warbands, or have people just been creating them out of thin air and and and...

idk, I just really wanted to play a Charr and just trying to name one is driving me to fits. Am I overthinking this? Can anyone clear up my confusion?
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Deleted
    There are tonnes of warbands. Naming a Charr is practically impossible if you want to avoid interfering with people's warband names.

I'd say just name a Charr. Look at mine, for example. Doesn't mean anything. just a couple of cool sounding words squished together + a forename I think fitting. (Brutus, helped assassinate Julius Caesar. 'Brutus' is a term often associated with dethroning someone. I thought it was fitting for the Charr who killed their gods)

I'd say you're overthinking it a bit, even if you'll actually be RPing. It'd be pretty hard to come up with a unique word for a warband that still appears canon. I'm pretty sure most people are making up their warband name, or borrowing it from one that appeared in GW1.

Also IMO with that name you'd be part of the "fire" warband and "razor" would be the description picked by your character. You could always use Iron-/Blood-/Ash- and RP a member of the prime warband, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Also IMO with that name you'd be part of the "fire" warband and "razor" would be the description picked by your character.
    From what I googled, I had the impression that the name can go either way, though in most cases the warband would come first.

Thanks guys, that's settled my mind a lot.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

FireRazor SmoothLegs. It took me a long time to come up with this one.

Otherwise just do something ridiculous, *cough*.

FireRazor RazorFire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no need to worry so much about it. :P

Just pick a name that works for you.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    FireRazor SmoothLegs. It took me a long time to come up with this one.

Otherwise just do something ridiculous, *cough*.

FireRazor RazorFire.
    Radar Racecar of the Palindrome Warband!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctanessa View Post
    So I've done the research on what races uses which basic Earth naming systems, and the differences between legions and etc. etc... But I still can't think of a canon-compliant surname for a Charr. I get that the surname is based on "warband + feature of the character" formula, but how do I decide a warband without totally screwing up someone else's canon? For example, if I were to choose the name Firerazor, but there's already a warband guild running around with the name "Razor." ... Or just go, "screw other people's canon, I'll pick the name I want, so what if there's multiple Razorwhatevers!"? Is there a canon list of warbands, or have people just been creating them out of thin air and and and...

idk, I just really wanted to play a Charr and just trying to name one is driving me to fits. Am I overthinking this? Can anyone clear up my confusion?
    Because I'm a hell of a guy, I'll help you out and let you have "Samurai Pizza Charr". You're welcome.