Post Annyone miss the old days

Time has gone by faster than you felt when you are younger. I know because I am feeling it today. I miss what it was like back when I was a little kid. Back then I had lots of friends and family to be around with. But now as time moves on, everything is changing and it is like my whole life is over now. By now I learned that the one thing most valuable above money, wealth, and of all things in reality is your past

Now that's philosophy!

Try to do something to change that rather than wallowing in self-pity over it. I sure don't look back to the days when I was (more of!) a kid; those times were terrible. Every year I feel smarter, better, happier, stronger, more confident, more independent. If you are well into your 50s or 60s then I can see missing your youth, but hey we all grow old and I guess we're all just gonna have to deal with that one when age finally catches up to us.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2012-08-17 at 07:42 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Marions View Post
    Time has gone by faster than you felt when you are younger. I know because I am feeling it today. I miss what it was like back when I was a little kid. Back then I had lots of friends and family to be around with. But now as time moves on, everything is changing and it is like my whole life is over now. By now I learned that the one thing most valuable above money, wealth, and of all things in reality is your past
    "The good ol' days weren't always good
    Tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"
    -- Billy Joel
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Ahhhhhhh the Good Old Days
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 29, and I've lived a LOT in my 29 years. I've gone to lots of places and seen lots of things. Life was simpler when I was younger, and I was always surrounded by other kids that were easy to talk to, which was nice, but there are a lot of advantages to being an adult too. Like for example, there's a good chance that my work will be sending me to Singapore/Bangladesh next week. How awesome is that? I get to go off and see the world. I get to drive myself to go wherever I want whenever I don't have other responsibilities. I get to have sex, and pursue women. I have far more knowledge than I ever dreamed I would as a kid.

What I'm saying is that if you spend your time looking backward, you'll never really get to enjoy what's still ahead of you.

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    "The good ol' days weren't always good
    Tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems"
    -- Billy Joel
    Billy Joel has some of the wisest lyrics of any songwriter ever.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!