Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Rift Game cards at clearance sale

I went today to Best Buy and Rift 60 days Game cards were on Clearance for 14.99. So if you're looking for them seems like Best Buy has them for half the price! Which is a really good deal. (Please be aware it could be a local special only)

I live in Bethlehem PA.
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The current year deal is also worth note, since you get the expansion free, however $15 for 2 months is half the price, so that's pretty baller. Stock up dude!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Also seems to be 15$ around me and its been taken off the website... are they getting rid of them at best buy? Seems wal mart isnt carrying them anymore also..
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    How very suspicious. >_>

Maybe they are trying to pressure people into buying the year thingy for the free expansion or perhaps Rift has had a sudden influx of people buying/subbing to the game in your areas. ;P

Course we must also remember, Best Buy isn't in the best place right now. =S
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    How very suspicious. >_>

Maybe they are trying to pressure people into buying the year thingy for the free expansion or perhaps Rift has had a sudden influx of people buying/subbing to the game in your areas. ;P

Course we must also remember, Best Buy isn't in the best place right now. =S
    Well the thing is, they do not even have the product listed on their website, which usually means, that they will not be ordering any more. This really doesn't mean much because they also took the WoW game cards off the shelves around here a long time ago.
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be a whole thing about trying to go green or too many folks are just paying with credit cards on the games' websites. Either way, I'd rather see less game time cards, as I've known very few people to buy them and frankly, as I said, it would be extremely green to stop making them.
    "A flower.

Might be a whole thing about trying to go green or too many folks are just paying with credit cards on the games' websites. Either way, I'd rather see less game time cards, as I've known very few people to buy them and frankly, as I said, it would be extremely green to stop making them.
    I can definitely see how it would save money doing away with the time cards but I don't believe they should. There are still plenty of people who do not have credit cards. I usually have to load a prepaid card to buy things online.
    R80

That's assuming they aren't recyclable or people don't have recycling in their area.

I know it's rather weird. Everywhere around me "recycles" (as in they have special garbage cans the give out for recyclable material) but it all goes in literally the same truck, in the same exact "back-end" as regular garbage. I feel horrible for the people who work at recycling facilities if regular garbage comes through with the recyclables (which I don't think really happens, I think it's the cities making it "seem" like they recycle) and they have to sort through the horrid stench of gases.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    I can definitely see how it would save money doing away with the time cards but I don't believe they should. There are still plenty of people who do not have credit cards. I usually have to load a prepaid card to buy things online.
    Just ooc, how do you cash checks? ANY checks? Payroll or otherwise? Sure, I know plenty of people who don't have bank accounts but with the way the world is nowadays, ESPECIALLY if you do any sort of online business, you NEED to have a bank account (debit card) or prepaid/credit card to begin with.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought maybe the game was going F2P, but then I remember about the 1 year subscription thing, and I don't think Trion would do that, to their players. So I bought 2 60 day game cards for 14.99 each! But I'm thinking I want to wait and use them when the expansion comes out.

Deleted
    It seems to me that the "special offer" policies Trion is following through their site, makes the traditional "game cards" unappealing, and retailers are just trying to get rid of them and never to have them available again.

It is only logical.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    It seems to me that the "special offer" policies Trion is following through their site, makes the traditional "game cards" unappealing, and retailers are just trying to get rid of them and never to have them available again.

It is only logical.

For 2 games cards of 60 days I paid 29.98.= 4 months

On Rift site I would have to pay either $14.99 a month or get the 3 month sub and pay $38.97.

Even if I were to pick the 6 month sub, I would still end up paying $65. 94 and I would get less play time.

I think the 60 day game cards at $14.99 were a good pick up.

Went to two Best Buys in Mass and one had no Rift cards, the other it was full price. Went to Target and it was the same, full price.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Went to two Best Buys in Mass and one had no Rift cards, the other it was full price. Went to Target and it was the same, full price.
    Then it's probably a local special!

Does anyone know how much the expansion is? Will it probably be $60 US?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    If you already own the game you will get a discount, since new players will get both original game and xpac for same fee and that perhaps might cost that much or a bit cheaper. I dont know how much the discount will be for former players though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post

On Rift site I would have to pay either $14.99 a month or get the 3 month sub and pay $38.97.

Even if I were to pick the 6 month sub, I would still end up paying $65. 94 and I would get less play time.

Even the $120 deal with free exp is likely not as good, since you're essentially getting a 50% off deal.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'm imagining something closer to $20. WoW expansions have always been $40, $80 for C.E., and frankly, Rift is $5-20 depending when you buy it, so I think the expansion will likely not be much more than $20, if it even is that.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post

Hey, didn't say it is not a good deal
    It is the best possible deal since you get a year sub at 95$ and you can activate it one by one for whenever you really have time to play!

I just offered the reasoning for such a good deal, saying that the retailer most likely is trying to sell those game cards, because the demand is very low, due to the fact that trion is offering very atractive deals on line through their site

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Hey, didn't say it is not a good deal
    It is the best possible deal since you get a year sub at 95$ and you can activate it one by one for whenever you really have time to play!

I just offered the reasoning for such a good deal, saying that the retailer most likely is trying to sell those game cards, because the demand is very low, due to the fact that trion is offering very atractive deals on line through their site
    I gotcha! But I believe if I were to buy 6 of these cards it would come at a total of $89.94 not $95! ^_^

Deleted
    You know what? You re right, most likely it is getting late and i shouldnt try to do calculations :P
    See you around