Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Missing the point..?

A friend linked me to this earlier:

http://sv.twitch.tv/nihilumguild

I read the first line and facepalmed.

Have fun being a hardcore raid guild in a game without raids... Uhhhh

Why should it matter to us how other people want to advertise for their guild? What is the purpose of this thread other than to spout negative posts against that guild?

Maybe they want to be no1 in WvW :P
    You sure its real Nihi chan?
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-08-17 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Why should it matter to us how other people want to advertise for their guild? What is the purpose of this thread other than to spout negative posts against that guild?
    This isn't advertising a guild, this is them hyping people up for an "endgame" that essentially doesn't exist in the form they propose. I just thought it was comical since I would have thought they'd at least researched the game before they go headfirst into it for raiding. Sorry for laughing I guess

Deleted
    Obviously a troll, it's just not worded like a recruitment post from a real hardcore raiding guild would be.
    Plus it's jsut a copy paste from a previous Nihilum wow app.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    There are Elite Events that require larger groups of players to bring down. Which is all a raid is.
    Basically my thought on the matter... I don't see why a guild wouldn't play a zone as a large group, seems like fun to me.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-08-17 at 10:19 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnzhandofadal View Post
    Obviously a troll, it's just not worded like a recruitment post from a real hardcore raiding guild would be.
    Plus it's jsut a copy paste from a previous Nihilum wow app.
    Haha possibly :P it's still funny though, wonder if anyone's actually applying to raid in GW2

Deleted
    its legit, kungen is advertising it on his stream..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Basically my thought on the matter... I don't see why a guild wouldn't play a zone as a large group, seems like fun to me.
    Sure, only XYZ randoms can join in aswell so it's impossible to say you're a "raiding guild" when your contribution might only be 1/10th of the boss' HP.

Aren't most of those events random(ish) too? Scheduled raids can't exist in this form. Anyway whether it's real or not, it's just funny. I'd like to see the email inbox

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 11:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by devonizer View Post
    its legit, kungen is advertising it on his stream..
    So it is http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

URL is in the background. Just lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...just wow.
    Sounds like someone who wants to be in the spotlight again.

Enjoy kung fu panda's kid, I did when I was 13 too.

Let's not go down the "lol kung fu panda" road please. Post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-17 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^
    I don't get it o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post

Let's not go down the "lol kung fu panda" road please. Post productively and respectfully. Infracted. -Edge
    Wow, this post was infracted but not the OP? What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktox View Post
    Awww man, here I'm advocating that we ain't bashing WoW on the GW2 forums, and that we are nice and stuff, and then posts like that happen! Kung Fu Panda is an awesome movie even!

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C. S. Lewis

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shostie View Post
    Wow, this post was infracted but not the OP? What a joke.
    What did the OP do?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    What did the OP do?
    He was poking fun, no less than the post that was infracted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shostie View Post
    He was poking fun, no less than the post that was infracted.
    Yeah, no. I don't see it.

*smoke bomb*

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    The tone of the recruitment post makes it sound like they think it has WoW-type raids, though. "earning your raid spot", "show up for all raids that we schedule", it just...sounds ridiculous considering it's about GW2.

Now, if it were only about WvW, it'd be fine. But yeah, like I said, it's implied otherwise. I had a good laugh out of it.

Deleted
    You dont know what they mean by "raids". yes its incorrect if you take the WoW definition.

But maybe they use it ot mean large group organised activities? in pve or actually raiding enemy keeps in WvW.

New game, new definitions.

Deleted
    Dungeons can and should be treated as raids. Also, they're looking to get into some hardcore wvw. I don't see th problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Missing the point? Here it is:

---> . <---

Cannot miss now!

Hi mom!!!