10+ Year Old Account

Best/Favorite Cases (advice needed)

So yeah, was pretty much ready to go but have come to a halt with which case I should get, now I know the look is personal preference but I'm also wanting to make my first PC build relatively easy without having to fight the case too much. Anways, right now I am looking at Antec 900 or a NZXT Phantom 410;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

Which one would you guys go with or do you have any completely different recommendations?

P.S. sorry for two threads in one day.

Speaking in purely practical terms, girls dig white cases, so the second one.

Seriously, both look great. Here's one more popular series to consider: Corsair 500R which comes in both black and white. I got the cheaper 400R model which you can also take a look at. The Corsairs aren't "better," than your picks, they just offer another reliable option when making your choice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have handled both cases myself, and i wouldn't recommend any of them.

Antec 900: A pain in the ass to work with. The first installment is ok, but if you have to replace an hdd later on you will curse at this thing. I do not recommend is at all.

NZXT Phantom: Good cooling and very roomy. But all those fans are a nuisance when you work in it. Also the aesthetics do not appeal to me one bit. Also this case is very big and heavy.

If you want a white case, i suggest the Fractal Define R4 (arctic white). Easy to work in, noise dampening but still good air flow, sleek aesthetics. Also comes with a side window.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

10+ Year Old Account
    It's doesn't need to be any specific color, although I was kind of partial to the blue LED lights (gimmicky as they are) but yeah , Air flow and ease of working with might be my bigger concerns since this is my first PC builds. Although looks do help, lol.

I still go with the less is more ideal since it does look sleek and fits in any room(alteast most of them) of course something with all the bells and whistles might not fit your tastes for the next build if you so decide to use the same case, I myself use the Corsair Obsidian 800D for two reasons its a simple and fits anything you want or need in the case, secondly you can easily use it for later builds with the case this large and durable.
    Last edited by Souichirou; 2012-08-18 at 07:20 AM.

I would stay away from the antec just for the fact that all drives need to be screwed in. Screwless bays are so nice. I personally like the Coolermaster HAF series I have a 932 FT and its amazing lots of room, lots of fans, lots of airflow with good cable management. Although if I ever decide to replace this case I will probably go with a corsair 800d just cause its so sleek looking.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    I would stay away from the antec just for the fact that all drives need to be screwed in. Screwless bays are so nice.
    I have the Antec 900 two v2, This guy hits the nail on the head, screwless bays would have made it that much better, there is a USB Three cable in there also that is too short (goes from a USB Three port on the front, through the case, into another part on the rear, too short to reach due to average sized GPU).