Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    It may be because of account wide mounts.

There are multiple faction specific mounts, which gives people with max level characters of both sides an advantage. They may not what to give people that advantage, which means they will have to make it so certain mounts don't count if you already have another mount. An example would be that you have all org wolves, and all stormwind horses. Instead of having 15, they'd cancel each other out making it only 8.
    I'm not sure why that would be an issue to have not implemented at least a 150 achievement already ? With account wide mounts, it actually also increases the likelihood that an account will have more cumulative mounts that before, due to people playing multiple characters and having mounts on alts that they couldn't obtain on their mains. That only reinforces the reason why the number of mounts per account will be greater after 5.0.4 releases. For example I have Zulian Tiger, and Fiery Warhorse on an alt, which I could never get on my main. So in 5.0.4 I will gain mounts cumulatively through this change. Is this a reason to not put the achievement in ?

As an observation, on Beta I saw an Alliance player on a Horde Dragonhawk. That's great, I don't object. It's another mount, they levelled characters on both factions, and probably 100 mounts on both sides, Kudos to them. Why is it people putting effort into something in contrast to someone who hasn't, means don't reward the people whom put the time in ?

I also don't disagree that with the Account Wide Mounts situation that some mounts should only be usable by their owner. I do however think that it should count towards the account's mount TOTAL. For instance, I once had tailoring and made all the carpets, I am now and Engineer. I have those mounts also. My mount total includes carpets, but I cannot use them. That's fine by me. It's inclusive, and yet only if my tailoring alts on my account will be able to use them. That sounds fair and balanced. Just like my engineering alts can use my main's engineering mounts and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    There isn't but i already have 162 mounts so adding 150 mount achiev would be pretty dumb. + they add around 50 mounts in MoP, just look at those turtles.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...epsidedj/mount
    (OK.. I looked at your profile).

Exactly HOW do you have both engineering and tailoring mounts? You have to be an engineer or tailor to use them and you are not both.
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2012-08-20 at 03:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    (OK.. I looked at your profile).

Exactly HOW do you have both engineering and tailoring mounts? You have to be an engineer or tailor to use them and you are not both.
    When you drop a profession you don't lose the mounts, you just can't use them.

there needs to be both 150 and 200 mount achievment =(

I'd rather they took more time to get the 150 or 200 achievement in. This way they have more time to make the rewards actually worthwhile, unlike the 100 mount achievement which to me, was very underwhelming.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont even use my 150 mount, with these new mounts they really should add a 200-250

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 03:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    When you drop a profession you don't lose the mounts, you just can't use them.
    True this. I dropped tailoring and took JC, kept my mounts. Blizz does take pets/mounts. they took my corehound when i broke my ath.
    Last edited by Enemyarms; 2012-08-20 at 03:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you.
    Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

Quote Originally Posted by greech View Post
    I'd rather they took more time to get the 150 or 200 achievement in. This way they have more time to make the rewards actually worthwhile, unlike the 100 mount achievement which to me, was very underwhelming.
    100 mounts was actually quite hard to obtain until 3.2 added all those Argent Tourney mounts.

It's actually quite funny reading the old Wowhead comments on the achievement complaining about how hard it was to obtain (at the time you needed like 90% of the mounts available.)

Anyone know about how many mounts there will be in total including those with MoP's release?
    Last edited by Solia; 2012-08-20 at 07:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solia View Post
    100 mounts was actually quite hard to obtain until 3.2 added all those Argent Tourney mounts.

It's actually quite funny reading the old Wowhead comments on the achievement complaining about how hard it was to obtain (at the time you need like 90% of the mounts available.)

Anyone know about how many mounts there will be in total including those with MoP's release?
    According to Battle.net there are 192 mounts availible now. And it looks like there will be 80 new mounts. So 272 mounts when mop hits.

Here are the mounts added in MoP according to wowhead (did leave out the green ones with charges.) And here is the mounts that are in game now.
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2012-08-20 at 05:36 PM.

Odd, I'm showing a possible of 195 for Horde and 194 for Alliance mounts with my chars.

Still, with up to 80 mounts (I knew there were going to be a lot but jeez) added, a 200 Mount achieve would only mean you need to get about 3/4th of the mounts in the game. That was a solid 'C' back in school days...

Edit: Oh, I see why. Armory won't track unattainable mounts if you don't have them already.
    Last edited by Solia; 2012-08-20 at 07:09 PM.