Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let me become a MOD

I am an active poster most of the day. I regularly contribute to posts. I can't even apply to be a mod because it says you don't have the proper qualfitionas because even applying. I had maybe one infranction four months ago due to a misunderstanding. Why cannot I apply to become a mod? Am I not good enough.

MMO-C has open applications periodically if they need people.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    MMO-C has open applications periodically if they need people.
    I tried to apply- Before even I apply. It checks my account. I guess the number of posts or something. Doesn't allow me to even apply and they ALWAYS need mods.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    I tried to apply- Before even I apply. It checks my account. I guess the number of posts or something. Doesn't allow me to even apply and they ALWAYS need mods.
    AFAIK it's only 100+ posts, so chances are it's something you've done in the past. Not to be rude, but anyone who 'should' be a mod would already know this.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-08-18 at 11:32 PM.

Ask an administrator/a moderator.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    AFAIK it's only 100+ posts, so chances are it's something you've done in the past.
    I had maybe two infractions in total on this account. One was reversed because I made a joke and they said that was trolling. The second. I made a thread titled "With six months of no content what you been doing" the thread took that as a flaming and yanked it off topic and I was infracted 10 points total for that. A gentleman made a similar post saying "Wow has beat TOR" he got NO infractions and thread was closed.

I find it insulting I am stopped from being a mod because of other mod's misunderstanding. It's quite frankly offending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think you should pm a mod instead. Don't think there is going to be any discussion here about you becoming a mod or not.

I had maybe two infractions in total on this account. One was reversed because I made a joke and they said that was trolling. The second. I made a thread titled "With six months of no content what you been doing" the thread took that as a flaming and yanked it off topic and I was infracted 10 points total for that. A gentleman made a similar post saying "Wow has beat TOR" he got NO infractions and thread was closed.

I find it insulting I am stopped from being a mod because of other mod's misunderstanding. It's quite frankly offending.
    And discussing moderationg is probably not the way to go if you want to become a mod yourself.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-08-18 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    100 posts in the last 90 days. (In the forum you want to moderate)
    Quality is just as important as quantity, too!

Good thing I'm not applying to become a mod by my own ruling eh! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Quality is just as important as quantity, too!
    Same for this too..
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-08-18 at 11:36 PM.

I'd be a mod were it not for the fact that i'd go ban-crazy with the vast majority of people. Too much power for this serial cynic and gentleman of habitual, indiscriminate disdain. In all seriousness however, my beliefs are pretty sui generis and would clash with the vast majority found on this forum; it would be like putting a wolf in charge of the chicken coop.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-08-18 at 11:40 PM.

Deleted
    This.
    And I'm afraid making a thread like this, basically asking to become a Moderator, isn't a good way to go.
    It will probably just hurt your chances, as, to the moderators, you may seem greedy and hungry for the power.

10+ Year Old Account
    If somewhere in the very distant future, bibi decide to open a WoW spanish subforum, i would be all over that

Deleted
    This thread shows exactly why you should not be a Mod.

Jus' sayin

why would you want be mod in this naziland?

Deleted
    In order to qualify for a moderator position on these forums you need to have around 100 (or was if 50?) posts the last month in that ONE sub forum you are applying for.
    Not all your posts combined in all sub forums. Those were the rules when they were recruiting many months ago before they had the now always open application page.
    They might have reduced that number since then but I doubt it.
    You say you had a infraction four months ago and you have 409 total posts. I would take a gander and say that the software simply don't see you as an active enough member (and remember it counts only the posts in that sub-forum!)

edit: ok it was 100 for the past 3 months, and I really need to learn how to type faster xD
    Last edited by mmocda6068f43e; 2012-08-18 at 11:42 PM.

You may close this. I have applied. I think for some reason the link I was using before did not work and resulted in an error. This caused misunderstanding. If I'm accepted or rejected will have no impact on my postings. I just have applied my services for use if they decide to use them or not. Thank you all for your feedback and helpful input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    why would you want be mod in this naziland?
    If you find this place so horrible, why are you here, exactly?