15+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Full Shadow Raid and Pre-Raid BiS Lists

I'd like to share Twintop's BiS list with you guys. There will be another list (pre-raiding) that will be hitting the forum in a bit, too. I'm excited!

Raid BiS: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1616
    Pre-Raid BiS: http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1692

Enjoy!!
    Last edited by Veiled; 2012-08-21 at 12:37 AM.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

The elevated secondary stat numbers on the new gem sets could make things interesting.
    Gonna be curious to see about gemming straight red gems as with current situation. Looks like it'll be worth more to go orange or yellow this time around or possibly purple as long as you're not at hit-cap yet.

I'd also like to note that the stat weights shift dramatically once you reach the SWP+2 and DP+2 haste breakpoints (8085 haste). After this point, Haste becomes our worst stat and Crit is #1.

More info if anyone wants to get in to the nitty gritty:

Haste breakpoints for Shadow and Their Effect on Stat Weights

Analysis of Talent Choices, DPS, and Stat Weights (MoP Beta Build 16004)

Analysis of Talent Choices, DPS, and Stat Weights (MoP Beta Build 16004) – T14 Normal and Haste Breakpoints Edition

Also as an aside, once MoP draws closer I'll be posting a copy of my BiS list over here as well.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Am I correct in my calculations that this breakpoint occurs at 19.1% haste? (unbuffed). Didn't actually test it out on beta at all. If so, does this properly carry over to 85 as well? My current haste 30 > mastery reforge is obviously gonna go out the window come the 28th, and I'm gonna need to choose a new stat weight, which I will probably have a chance to try out another h-ds clear in that day.

Deleted
    Very cool, thanks for your work,
    Looking forward to the pre-raid gear list <3
    If you could provide any information about stat weights with the pre patch this would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    Am I correct in my calculations that this breakpoint occurs at 19.1% haste? (unbuffed). Didn't actually test it out on beta at all. If so, does this properly carry over to 85 as well? My current haste 30 > mastery reforge is obviously gonna go out the window come the 28th, and I'm gonna need to choose a new stat weight, which I will probably have a chance to try out another h-ds clear in that day.

According to the chart on one of the links he posted, it's 24.97%. I'm not sure what our stat priorities will be in the prepatch. Straight haste? More crit?
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

BIS healing tier? *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    BIS healing tier? *sigh*
    It's like that with almost every tier.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shartadin View Post
    BIS healing tier? *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    It's like that with almost every tier.
    sasslefrassed is absolutely correct. The high value of Spirit and the fact that most tier pieces for healing have Spirit on them means that they will usually show up higher on the BiS list. It should be noted, however, that the value used to rank the pieces does not include set bonuses which are listed separately. In very rare circumstance will you want to take a healing set piece over a DPS set piece, though if you do it could be viewed in the same way as taking 4/5 DPS tier pieces and the 5th being just another offset piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    800 Spirit/800 Mastery
    vs
    710 Crit/854 Mastery

I understand that Spirit is ranked higher for PP, but why does the healer headpiece literally have more stats on it?
    Furthermore, I imagine Spirit goes down in value if you're hit capped.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    800 Spirit/800 Mastery
    vs
    710 Crit/854 Mastery

I understand that Spirit is ranked higher for PP, but why does the healer headpiece literally have more stats on it?
    Furthermore, I imagine Spirit goes down in value if you're hit capped.
    Hit/Spirit go to 0PP once you're capped, as in absolutely no benefit.

I'm not entirely privy to Blizzard's methodologies when it comes to assigning stat values, but I have noticed that when the stats on items become disproportionate past a certain point there is a diminishing returns-like effect where it costs more 'stat points' to make the higher one go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    sasslefrassed is absolutely correct. The high value of Spirit and the fact that most tier pieces for healing have Spirit on them means that they will usually show up higher on the BiS list. It should be noted, however, that the value used to rank the pieces does not include set bonuses which are listed separately. In very rare circumstance will you want to take a healing set piece over a DPS set piece, though if you do it could be viewed in the same way as taking 4/5 DPS tier pieces and the 5th being just another offset piece.
    Thanks. I didn't read carefully enough, was reading on the run :>

15+ Year Old Account

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests