Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    If people dont have access to guns because the government imposes all sorts of restrictions and controls like some of you posting here want people would just resort to using other weapons we going to ban all knives next after guns because stabbings skyrocket after gun control gets imposed?
    It is much harder to massacre 20 people when using a knife rather than a gunStopping crime isn't the only thing to worry about, reducing the impact of the crime is also very important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    a gun is significantly more lethal than any other weapon the average person can obtain. hand to hand combat requires a lot of training to be effective.
    Take away guns, then you just stab them. What do you think people use in states with stricter gun control? A knife is a lot easy to conceal and aim anyway. Your average person will only down a person if they hit center mass and lucky enough to hit a vital area. Everyone knows what to do with a knife and any random gash could mess up anyones day. A lot of gun owners mess up because they either miss or fail to down their target.

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    Jails don't prevent all crime, so we should not have them?
    That's a rather extreme comparison, so I don't think that's a proper one to use. The obvious answer is we should keep them. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    People aren't criminals until they commit crimes, saying only people who have priors are going to commit crimes is a mind-boggling display of statistics.
    Edited for truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Take away guns, then you just stab them. What do you think people use in states with stricter gun control? A knife is a lot easy to conceal and aim anyway. Your average person will only down a person if they hit center mass and lucky enough to hit a vital area. Everyone knows what to do with a knife and any random gash could mess up anyones day. A lot of gun owners mess up because they either miss or fail to down their target.
    Except unless our dimension merges with Azeroth, no one can fan of knives. Whereas my range of damage and intimidation with a gun is much higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology - the Republican 4G Network.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Yes, but we have countless other objects to harm others with. That's the bare-minimum of when someone would hurt others. Gun control would be some-what effective, but it won't stop crazy people going crazy. People don't just use guns to kill multiple people as well, improvised explosives could be used as well, amongst other things I have no idea about.
    it would stop them from going crazy armed with guns. improvised explosives also require a lot of planning, research, and intelligence to use correctly. at least on a large scale.

a crazy or drunk guy armed with a knife or brick is significantly less of a threat than one armed with a gun.

Yet another shooting thread. How is this any different then all previous?
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I think its too far gone to be controlling any guns now, people will kill people with any means possible, media reports these incidents and puts fear into people, wasnt there an increase in buying of guns after that batman massacre?
    And doesn't the uk have an issue with knifes i knew a friend who was in the uk and was stabbed in the arm pit at a pub a few years ago he nearly died but survived because hospital had enough blood to keep him alive, police said too him he was the 3rd person that night to be stabbed by this guy.
    Stabbing = harder to execute than shootings also lower chances of dying.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    Why do Americans think that the government will have "more control" over them if gun restrictions were put in place?
    The UK has very strict gun laws and our government has just as much power over us as the US does over it's citizens, the only difference is that we have a much lower gun crime rate (per person), and we don't get nutjobs shooting up innocent people.

I really dont see how having the right to bear arms lessens the governments control over the people, I mean what are you going to do? Grab your rifles and march on the white house?
    Given the opinion of Joe Schmoe from England, and that of Thomas Jefferson, I'll go with the latter every time. Thanks for you interest in American government, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Yet another shooting thread. How is this any different then all previous?
    Just more fuel to the anti-gun fire. I would ask the media, "Another gun story, why is this any different?" if I could.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Who wants to bet at least one of the people involved was black?

Quote Originally Posted by Galloways View Post
    But seriously. When they start to mess with things in the constitution, then it's most likely going to have a snowball effect and then later down the road, we're going to be bending over for our government.
    The right to bear arms just means you can have firearms in private hands in case you decide to rebel and violently overthrow your government. Not sure what's more unrealistic, the idea of Americans en masse turning to violent rebellion against their elected government or personal firearms being sufficient to defeat the American military, the most well-funded and technologically advanced armed force on the planet.

It's really just a leftover of zealous republican ideology from an era of flintlocks. Really ridiculous to take it seriously in this day and age.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Edited for truth.
    Please don't modify my post with bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Why do Americans think that the government will have "more control" over them if gun restrictions were put in place?
    The UK has very strict gun laws and our government has just as much power over us as the US does over it's citizens, the only difference is that we have a much lower gun crime rate (per person), and we don't get nutjobs shooting up innocent people.

I really dont see how having the right to bear arms lessens the governments control over the people, I mean what are you going to do? Grab your rifles and march on the white house?
    How exactly do you think they'll go about disarming 65 million or so people? Think about it for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Stabbing = harder to execute than shootings also lower chances of dying.
    Depends on the distance between those involved. In hand to hand combat, a knife to the chest or neck will kill you as fast as a bullet. You could ban all guns in this country tomorrow, and deaths would still hover around 20,000 per year. We've seen some states go all Nazi on their gun control, and it didn't do a thing to lower the murder rates. They, in fact, increased. Go figure. It's cultural. We're just savage like that.
    Last edited by tiporispit; 2012-08-20 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

CNN) -- At least four people were shot Sunday in a Walmart parking lot in central Texas, police said.

A suspect was arrested at the scene, they said. The shooting took place very early in the morning in Cedar Park, which is just north of Austin.
    Early indications were that a group of people met in the parking lot to fight and that at least one person then opened fire, police said.
    No Walmart employees or customers were wounded, police said.

The names of those involved in the shooting were not immediately released. An investigation is ongoing.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/19/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t2

In a related note: Texas was the same state that last week a man opened fired killing a police officer and wounding several others.

Here was the thread to that:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...us-apprehended
    Not to point out the obvious, but that sounds a LOT like gang activity. I mean, really, that sort of stupidity has been happening for decades. The only thing that's changed has been the fact that we now have 24/7 news networks. And many of them are more than happy to report, repeatedly, anything that helps a very liberal administration.

Addendum:

More crimes are committed with illegally obtained guns than with legally obtained guns. That suggests a complete inability to enforce the current gun laws. As such anyone who supports MORE laws that cant (or wont) be enforced is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by nachoo View Post
    Its happening, gun control will be coming. And then our government will have total control.
    What kind of paranoid nonsense is this? Most of the rest of the world has much stricter gun control laws than the US, and the governments have no more control over anything else than they do in the US.

Or are you saying everyone should have guns so you can kill everyone in the government if you don't agree with them?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only gun incidents we have here are duck shooters or deer hunters accidentally shooting there hunting partner or a bush walker, one poor lady was brushing her teeth at a campsite and some hunter shot her in the head.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

The rate at which crazy shit happens in America is extremely higher than in other countries. We're a gun crazy country and it isn't going to change.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_revolution

Yes. That's how our nation was founded. If the government no longer acts in the interest of the people we can revolt and have a right/duty to do so.

However, now-a-days the government would just keep the masses brainwashed. So I doubt the "Right of revolution" will ever come to fruition.