Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The world as we know since it was taken of the gold standard is built on bullshit and promises

Money is worthless its only worth something because reliable strong countries like the US says its worth something

Its like a huge pack of cards that can come tumbling any time soon

If China were to ask the U.S. for all the money back that it is owed, the U.S. would collapse in 5 minutes. It is a growing liklihood that this will happen also, because China is starting to see their economy shrink so they've got to earn from somewhere, and if another country owes you something obscene like $10 Trillion, then why not take it back and save your own country and knock out your international competitor in the same day?

China & The U.S. have been fighting each other for dominance for many, many years now. China is winning purely because it controls so much of the American Debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar..._United_States

Having your military budget increase by 3% per year when your debt is larger than the entire world's gdp is a good start.

Or ending the "war of drugs" or the "put pot heads in jail for 15 years"

Not privatising education so your workforce is about as intelligent as Mongolia's

Getting WAY stricter laws on who is allowed to become a politician and preventing the uneducated people who know nothing more than "derp hes christian" from voting.
    I absolutely agree whole heartily but i live here

In the US people dont vote on there best interest they vote on there emotional instinct that is so easily manipulated its not even funny
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-08-20 at 03:36 PM.

Deleted
    no ofc not,but it's dominance is disputed,might even fade over time so new powers take on the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    The reason I've started wondering is because I recently had an interview at a McDonalds, and I asked the manager how many people where going to be hired. He told me that he had interviewed over 30 people for 2 positions. Apparently you now need a bachelors degree to flip hamburgers.

Yea.
    They're picking people that make them look better as a company. If you can choose between a 19 year old kid with a scruffy beard or a college graduate who is overqualified and NEEDS the job, you're not picking the 19 year old kid. It's like that everywhere and no, the USA isn't on the verge of an economic collapse. This has been similar to the economic issues in the 80s, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the Great Depression, we're on a .01 right now.

We've still got money for entertainment, just not as much. We're not having to live off of bread and water. In 3-5 years it will be back to normal with another "collapse" in 25-30 years.

It's a cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    The world as we know since it was taken of the gold standard is built on bullshit and promises

Money is worthless its only worth something because reliable strong countries like the US says its worth something

Its like a huge pack of cards that can come tumbling any time soon
    Why did the US ever leave the gold standard anyway.

The gold standard made perfect sense and was logical.

If I had invested all my money in precious metals way back when the US began turning into a cesspool I'd be unbelievably rich right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I get this odd feeling that unless this guy is living in Haiti his claim and premise of this thread is pure bullshit. Pretty sure if he gave me city/state I could link a job site that has a listing for his area.
    Sure. I'm just wondering why you chose California or Nevada.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by formerblizzemployee View Post
    If you can choose between a 19 year old kid with a scruffy beard or a college graduate who is overqualified and NEEDS the job, you're not picking the 19 year old kid. It's like that everywhere and no, the USA isn't on the verge of an economic collapse.
    Actually, you pick the 19 year old kid.
    Nobody is hiring overqualified people, because they tend to quit for a better job as soon as possible.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-08-20 at 03:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    If China were to ask the U.S. for all the money back that it is owed, the U.S. would collapse in 5 minutes. It is a growing liklihood that this will happen also, because China is starting to see their economy shrink so they've got to earn from somewhere, and if another country owes you something obscene like $10 Trillion, then why not take it back and save your own country and knock out your international competitor in the same day?

China & The U.S. have been fighting each other for dominance for many, many years now. China is winning purely because it controls so much of the American Debt.
    This is not only absurd on its face, it is completely impractical. First Chinese and other global investors that buy US bonds can't "ask" for their money, for its on a contractual interest until the bond matures.

Please, stop spreading this bull.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by vassilisz View Post
    no ofc not,but it's dominance is disputed,might even fade over time so new powers take on the lead.
    Our dominance is our military. It's stronger today than it ever was. The world is like a middle school playground. The people who do as they please on the playground do so ONLY because the are bigger, stronger and meaner than everyone else. They intimidate the smaller kids (countries) who physically have no chance. The days of "fallen empires" is over. The USA will be absorbed one day into a "Global Entity" that chances are, we created. It's about profit now and nothing else.

The US couldn't maintain the gold standard.

15+ Year Old Account

If I had invested all my money in precious metals way back when the US began turning into a cesspool I'd be unbelievably rich right now.
    Because the gold standard was a hindrance on global finance. It was suffocating capital out.

How can anyone forget about Greece when speaking about economic collapse? /boggle

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    This is not only absurd on its face, it is completely impractical. First Chinese and other global investors that buy US bonds can't "ask" for their money, for its on a contractual interest until the bond matures.

Please, stop spreading this bull.
    China could sell off our debts though I doubt it. If they did that China's Yuan would go up and they wouldn't be as attractive for manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    wow... and I thought it was worse when thinking it's only "a few hundread" billions. But now... wow, just wow, I don't even know how someone can make such a debt.
    I heard Greece is well on their way.

Its so they can print bullshit dollars so they can sell the interest to sap country's like china

China buys the interest on american debt but what happens if china ever wants to call that debt in NOTHING cause america will vapourise china if they ever dared shit
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-08-20 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    I'm not an expert on the subject, but from what I gather, the peaks in the dept levels (WW1 and WW2) seems logical, warfare is expensive. The growth after these wars you talk about might have something to do with the fact that the US competitors (Germany, Japan) were bombed and had to rebuild, leaving an open market for the US. This isn't the case today now that they have both rebuilt, and offer same or better stuff at same or lower prices. I suppose that's the reason for the steady climb in the US dept since the 80's (or thereabouts).

Though as I said, I'm not an expert on the subject.
    We've been at war for the last 10 years, which is very expensive too. China and Brazil are massive emerging markets we should be selling to, just like Germany/Japan after WW2.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Actually, you pick the 19 year old kid.
    Nobody is hiring overqualified people, because they tend to quit for a better job as soon as possible.
    Yeah, 19 year olds are rock solid. Lifers even.

You hire the unqualified guy because he's went through a lot of other "first options" before he ever applied there. He's desperate to keep his car, apartment, lifestyle. He NEEDS the job.

I sincerely doubt you've EVER been in a position to hire someone. Chances are you're that 19 year old kid and 'sticking up for your own' right now. That's pretty normal but in 10 year you'll look back and say "Damn, at 19 I was a dipshit".

We all do, or we're still that dipshit at 29.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I absolutely agree whole heartily but i live here

In the US people dont vote on there best interest they vote on there emotional instinct that is so easily manipulated its not even funny
    I've seen the political ads going on in the US and it absolutely sickens me to see that people are stupid enough to believe the shit that the guy spews.

Except both guys that are competing are both spewing shit (except for Ron Paul, hes easily the best choice but that would never happen because he made some semi racial comment that someone MAY POTENTIALLY FEEL OFFENDED OVER like 40 years ago and the vultures of the average US person eats that shit up) so its a no win situation no matter what.

Ron Paul was giving a speech once advocating for the golden rule AND HE WAS FUCKING BOOED. The American people hated the idea that they were to consider other people equals to the point of BOOING A GUY WHO WAS PROMOTING TREATING OTHERS EQUALLY.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    China could sell off our debts though I doubt it. If they did that China's Yuan would go up and they wouldn't be as attractive for manufacturing.
    That would be the stupidest move they could ever do. The Chinese are very methodical and they are making all the necessary steps to pass us as a world leader in 21st century markets and technology, while here in the US we have to deal with representatives that still don't "believe" in fucking evolution, and deny funding to future markets.