Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Youtube 1080 Video Lose Resolution

I need some help with youtube video quality.
    My problem is no matter how i render them at 1920x1080 (1080i 29.970) with sony vegas when i post them on youtube they look like crap losing atlast 50% of the quality any1 have some tips for me?
    i tryed .mp4 .avi(XviD codec) .wmv but allway with a huge quality lost
    Last edited by mmoc770ecfcd9d; 2012-08-20 at 08:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have tried checking the video again like and hour or two later and changing the quality settings right?
    You know it takes Youtube a certain minimum period of time to re-render each video in different resolutions.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-08-20 at 08:12 AM.

Does the video look good on your own computer before uploading?

You have links of the bad videos to show exactly what you mean?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Try cropping video and render resolution to 1920x1072
    I read somewhere that it's better for some renderer that requires resolution to be divisible by 16.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did you put the Project Video Properties to 1920x1080 too?

I tend to render them as Sony AVC, and have not had any problems with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    You have tried checking the video again like and hour or two later and changing the quality settings right?
    You know it takes Youtube a certain minimum period of time to re-render each video in different resolutions.
    It's not only that. They also re-render the original resolution. If you upload a 1080p video and re-download it in 1080p from Youtube afterwards, you'll notice quality as well as size differences. They do this because they don't trust the user to use a (in their eyes) proper format and encoding, and to make sure you don't use up too much file space for your videos.

Another thing, if you watch your video in full resolution on Youtube and watch the same video in your local player after downloading it from Youtube, you'll also notice that the downloaded video has a better quality. This is simply because the flash player in your browser doesn't allow for better video, can't do much about that.

Deleted
    ye on my pc the video look perfect i rendered them in 1080 with best setting posible... problem come after i upload.

even if i watch the video hour later to wait youtube render all format it keep suck in resolution term....

Upload some example clip so that we can see what you mean by broken. Doesn't need to be public, just put the link here. There's no reason why it would look horrible if it's ok on your computer.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-08-20 at 08:34 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted

That doesn't look horrible.
    Playing since 2007.

looks like a normal 1080p video i have no idea where ur problem is ;X

Deleted
    it is all blurred i see peps around with fucking amazing 1080 clean video -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    it is all blurred i see peps around with fucking amazing 1080 clean video -.-
    The videos look pretty good to me, are you sure your changing the video settings? The little gear looking like thing.

i think djinni is right u seem to not have changed the resolution setting ;X as i have a perfect clear video

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N30 View Post
    They look decent enough in 1080.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    The videos look pretty good to me, are you sure your changing the video settings? The little gear looking like thing.
    ye i put HD1080 on video setting and when i put in full screen it become realy blurred and distorted

here cap http://www.imagebam.com/image/7909af206774935

YT always drops bit of quality, even with 1080 uploads. Not much, but it does.
    However not like on that ss above my post.
    my vid with 1080 - it looks worse than if I open the original file I have on hdd, but not much.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-08-20 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    They look decent enough in 1080.
    so u mean i cant do any better in 1080? only way to have better resoult is lower resolution?

Deleted
    I render mine as "Internet HD 1080p" you can find it under "MainConcept AVC/AAC (*.mp4). You can try that, see if that works any better.

I have this same problem with rendering a video in sony vegas (movie studio), always looks sort of blurry and low quality, but looks fine when I save with Movie Maker, and put it up on YT.