Deleted

Razer Deathadder wheel LED not lit up

So I bought a brand new razer deathadder, and this is already bugging me. At first, everything was fined until I installed Razer Synapse 2.0 (the light was still there). It didn't recognize my mouse at first (but it recognized my keyboard Blackwidow). So I uninstalled razer synapse, reboot. Reinstalled and updated microsoft.NET, reboot. Install and update razer synapse again, and this time it recognized the mouse (has a very weird mouse lag when I starts the program). But somehow, my wheel LED light is out and cannot be turn back up with razer synapse option (the LED symbol can still be controlled). Every other functions are still normal. Tried to update firmware but the updater killed itself in task manager (ran as admin).

Even though it's a small thing but it really irritates me. Also note that the light was fined until razor synapse recognized the mouse. Reinstalling for the 3rd time didn't solve the issue.
    Last edited by mmocdae4424a1e; 2012-08-20 at 11:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    RMA it before it's too late
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

When I first tried to use a DeathAdder, I installed Razer Synapse. Then it asked me to log in or something, so I uninstalled it. I wanted a mouse driver, not Steam. I eventually found this older driver and I've been using that ever since. I prefer keeping the lights off, but I've turned them on and they definitely work fine.

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Razer Synapse, but there must be other people here that do. All I can recommend short of trying the other driver is to plug the thing into a fresh computer to make sure the light still works physically. However unlikely, there's a small chance that the light burnt or shorted out.

Deleted
    I will probably return the mouse and either pick up the same one or a g9x logitech instead. Reinstalling for the 4th time didn't help.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's likely the LED (they do burn out). I modded my Razr 'cause the blue didn't really work for me. It's not that hard to swap it out, if you don't suck as soldering.

Easier to just get a new mouse though if you're not addicted to modding, lol.