Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Two ways to spell it depending on country.

rumor or rumour
    Not really the point I was making, but sure

ANet deserved it. Im gonna be playing my Charr Warrior this Sat! Huzzah!!

xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Surprised at 'never heard of it' though.
    Not really. Guild Wars 2 is "big news" on gaming news sites, but if you're not the sort to follow gaming news, you likely haven't heard of it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're going to need more servers.
    Valar morghulis

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    As I commented in The One Thread, this is very much good for spreading information about the game to more people. A lot of comments on that article suggest that this is the first time some people have even heard of GW2.
    And as I said in the GW2 "how all the hype" thread.... the reason why GW2 has become so popular is word of mouth. Anet just let the internet masses run with the game, effectively free PR.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Yeah! im so it did cause this game is gonna blow our minds i believe its just gonna be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys are nuts if you say "i'm not surprised" or "i was expecting gw2 to win"

...that would be true if this was an MMO only competition

this was FOR THE INDUSTRY...

it cut a swath thru the entire industry so the choices wasn't merely mmo-games but rather pretty much the biggest and baddest titles out there

so yea, i expected gw2 to place

didn't think it'd win

i was expecting VALVE's DOTA 2 to repeat

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

go gw2!

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    We're going to need more servers.
    ^LOL!

Having plenty of high pop servers is a good thing, theres no queues to join servers anyway see you on the Overflow!

Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    Except most of us have played it already.
    Beta tests won't show you what it's like when you've been max level for a month or two. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but yeah, don't let beta tests ever hype you.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    in every post you make you make "subtle" reference to the fact that you don't like GW2, just fuck off, go enjoy panda land.
    I bought the Collectors Edition of GW2 and like it. I don't post here much because if you mention wow here (which I would do) you get your head bitten off.

The poll was based off hype like any other poll IGN puts up. My posts are not "subtle" references they are just my opinion and I stand by them. If any other game won then I would of said the same thing.

Just because I have a wow avatar and sig does not make me a "GW2 hater" of any sort. Before you make assumptions based on little post count don't comment and make a final decision of the person.

If you want some "pat on the back" good job the game won.

Also before you make fun of "panda land" do some research on it before blindly making fun of it.
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2012-08-20 at 06:55 PM.

I would have bought the game if it had wow's graphics. I like the lively colours much better.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Also before you make fun of "panda land" do some research on it before blindly making fun of it.
    It does that by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    what else is new Guild Wars 2 has been grabbing AWARDS FOR BEST GAME/PEOPLE'S CHOICE for the past 3 years

and it ain't even out yet!

that always made me smile, truth be told
    I'm honestly not sure why awards are given out like this. Though I guess it's just all for the hype train and what not. I would much rather game awards be given out to games that are..out. Now if the award was for most anticipated game of the year, then I could def see GW2 winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    It does that by itself.
    Not really, please try harder to at least constructively say why you don't like it. Going by post history on you, nothing but a wow hater who fails to have an open mind about the game.

/ignore
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2012-08-20 at 07:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW actually is typically the first to make fun of WoW. If that makes sense. Even the MoP trailer recently shown is full of random light humor. Nice to see Blizz going back to their roots instead of being so serious all the time - WC3 was on the lighter side of fantasy, after all.

*goes back to clicking peons repeatedly*
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 07:13 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    ^LOL!

Having plenty of high pop servers is a good thing, theres no queues to join servers anyway see you on the Overflow!
    hope they got an overflow login server

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    WoW actually is typically the first to make fun of WoW. If that makes sense. Even the MoP trailer recently shown is full of random light humor.
    The added humor was nice, I liked it but just pure hate and distaste at a game before you even play it is not something I take seriously. That said added him to the good old ignore list.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Beta tests won't show you what it's like when you've been max level for a month or two. I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but yeah, don't let beta tests ever hype you.
    i remember that diablo 3 beta all to well