Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Because you're still acting like only one party would lose votes.
    You honestly think as many GOP supporters would like the Green party? Have you looked at their platform?
    The Green Party seems to be more liberal than Democrats.
    But I thought the GOP voters would switch to them too...
    So you're voting against your own best interests too.
    No. No I'm not. Because we don't have a parliamentary system. If the liberal vote splits the GOP takes power and my interests are set farther back. Better to vote for the party that can win and push for it to be more liberal during the primary season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You honestly think as many GOP supporters would like the Green party? Have you looked at their platform?
    I do, and I have and am currently reading more.

But I thought the GOP voters would switch to them too...
    They will.

No. No I'm not. Because we don't have a parliamentary system. If the liberal vote splits the GOP takes power and my interests are set farther back. Better to vote for the party that can win and push for it to be more liberal during the primary season.
    Push how? By voting for the more liberal candidate?
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what? I first came into this thread thinking this was going to be a forum game, and was 100% certain it would be when I read the first post. So that's what we're going to do, dammit!
    Nothing is more certain than the indispensable necessity of government, and it is equally undeniable, that whenever and however it is instituted, the people must cede to it some of their natural rights in order to vest it with requisite powers. It is well worthy of consideration therefore, whether it would conduce more to the interest of the people of America that they should, to all general purposes, be one nation, under one federal government, or that they should divide themselves into separate confederacies, and give to the head of each the same kind of powers which they are advised to place in one national government.
    Name the political party! NO GOOGLE-ING!

So let me get this straight. GOP voters, who already are not wanting to vote for dems will vote for a party thats even farther to the left of them?
    Push how? By voting for the more liberal candidate?
    primaries?

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. GOP voters, who already are not wanting to vote for dems will vote for a party thats even farther to the left of them?
    Indeed, because they're farther left on many things the Republicans care little about (right now) and closer on things the Republicans care about. You seriously underestimate the number of people who vote for the person over the party, who truly are independent.

primaries?
    You said push for it to be more liberal through the primary season. I'm assuming you mean voting for the more liberal candidate. Am I wrong?

Update: the Green Party has a plan for jobs!

For creating jobs we propose:

7. Reducing taxes on labor. This will make labor more competitive with energy and capital investment. (See Taxation above)

8. Solidarity with unions and workers fighting the practice of contracting out tasks to part-time workers in order to avoid paying benefits and to break up unions.

9. Adopting a reduced-hour (30-35 hours) work week as a standard. This could translate into as many as 26 million new jobs.

10. Subsidizing renewable energy sources, which directly employ 2 to 5 times as many people for every unit of electricity generated as fossil or nuclear sources yet are cost competitive. Also, retrofit existing buildings for energy conservation and build non-polluting, low impact transportation systems.

11. Supporting small business by reducing tax, fee and bureaucratic burdens. The majority of new jobs today are created by small businesses. This would cut their failure rate and help them create more jobs.

12. Opposing the trend toward "bundling" of contracts that minimizes opportunity for small, minority-owned, and women-owned businesses.

13. Reducing consumption to minimize outsourcing — the exportation of jobs to other countries — thus reducing the relative price of using U.S. workers.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

Indeed, because they're farther left on many things the Republicans care little about (right now) and closer on things the Republicans care about.
    Such as? What left wing policies do they have that the GOP voters could get behind? Because you just quoted quite a few things I seriously doubt they'd get behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such as? What left wing policies do they have that the GOP voters could get behind? Because you just quoted quite a few things I seriously doubt they'd get behind.
    I'm usually a GOP voter. I've only been quoting policies I can get behind myself.

But for other GOP voters:
    Supporting small business by reducing tax, fee and bureaucratic burdens.
    Reducing consumption to minimize outsourcing — the exportation of jobs to other countries — thus reducing the relative price of using U.S. workers.
    Federal law must be changed so that pension funds need simply to seek a reasonable rate of return, not the prevailing market rate which greatly restricts where investments can be made.
    Government should reduce unnecessary restrictions, fees, and bureaucracy. In particular, the Paper Simplification Act should be seen as a way to benefit small business, and it should be improved in response to the needs of small businesses and the self-employed.
    Our national industrial food system is overwhelmingly dependent upon oil and natural gas for farm-equipment fuel, fertilizer, pesticides, herbicides, and the transport. It is responsible for over 12% of all greenhouse gases from human activities in the U.S. New farming methods, new farmers, and a re-localization of production and distribution are needed. These will require land reform, an investment in revitalizing rural areas and the creation of local food processing plants and storage centers. Laws and incentives affecting the food system (including food safety laws and farm subsidies) will need to be rewritten to provide preferential support for small-scale, local, low-input producers.
    Increase the current pay levels, including monthly combat pay, imminent danger pay and family separation allowances for those risking their lives in combat zones.
    Provide better care for the wounded, sick and injured soldiers. Restore full funding for veterans' health programs.
    Ensure a smooth transition from active military service to civilian life by providing counseling, housing, emergency management, job protection and other support systems.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You know what? I first came into this thread thinking this was going to be a forum game, and was 100% certain it would be when I read the first post. So that's what we're going to do, dammit!

Ummmm, stab in the dark: a party that favors the secession and establishment of Cascadia?

Or GOP?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    Ummmm, stab in the dark: a party that favors the secession and establishment of Cascadia?

Or GOP?
    Hint: This party no longer exists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hint: This party no longer exists.

The Confederasah.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rusty in my political party history, but sounds around the time of the Federalist Papers. Might even be a direct quote, haven't read it in quite a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    I'm rusty in my political party history, but sounds around the time of the Federalist Papers. Might even be a direct quote, haven't read it in quite a while.
    You are correct, sir! I guess that means you get to go next. Not sure how this game works, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can actually recognize that many people are disadvantaged to this day due to slavery, even though it ended quite some time ago. I would have virtually no problem with reparations assuming the people deciding what was reasonable were...reasonable. I'm fine with it so long as it meant an end to Affirmative Action and the like.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 07:07 PM ----------

My original thought when reading this on their site was "And people think the Democrat party is the one that is trying to help African Americans?" Then I wondered how many African Americans even knew the Green Party held this as a platform point (or even knew they existed for that matter, not many people are even aware of the GP).

Ergo, new thread.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryXpK042pQ Want to know why Blacks are beholden to the Democrats... watch this.... and this is exactly WHY MSM media and the public school systems are a disgrace.

Deleted
    Update: the Green Party has a plan for jobs!

For creating jobs we propose:

7. Reducing taxes on labor. This will make labor more competitive with energy and capital investment. (See Taxation above)

8. Solidarity with unions and workers fighting the practice of contracting out tasks to part-time workers in order to avoid paying benefits and to break up unions.

9. Adopting a reduced-hour (30-35 hours) work week as a standard. This could translate into as many as 26 million new jobs.

10. Subsidizing renewable energy sources, which directly employ 2 to 5 times as many people for every unit of electricity generated as fossil or nuclear sources yet are cost competitive. Also, retrofit existing buildings for energy conservation and build non-polluting, low impact transportation systems.

11. Supporting small business by reducing tax, fee and bureaucratic burdens. The majority of new jobs today are created by small businesses. This would cut their failure rate and help them create more jobs.

12. Opposing the trend toward "bundling" of contracts that minimizes opportunity for small, minority-owned, and women-owned businesses.

13. Reducing consumption to minimize outsourcing — the exportation of jobs to other countries — thus reducing the relative price of using U.S. workers.
    Rofl, that party is a complete joke. This has to be the most ridiculous "serious" jobs plan I've ever seen.