Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #221
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,242
    I had a pretty good run, no disconnections or anything. Can't wait until it comes out, though I'll be alone in playing it.

  2. #222
    Mechagnome Hjalmtyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.K. England
    Posts
    714
    I had a load of DCs too. sPvP was really fun, so many people were running with Condition builds and I was running with an anti-condition build Necro (heal off conditions, transfer all conditions to enemy, turn their boons into conditions, condition damage +) so I was having a pretty nice run on sPvP since these people who focused all their points into condition damage were just melting when it's turned around on them.
    "Do you know what it's like to fall on the floor, cry your guts out til you got no more? Hey man, now you're really livin'" - Mark Everett

    Crucilus Bloodbane - Level 80 Charr Necromancer - Zebra lord of the bank alts
    Esaari - Level 80 Asura Elementalist

  3. #223
    Dreadlord Vexies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Posts
    981
    Great test run, butter smooth, zero issues. Best stress test for me yet. Really looking forward to release!

  4. #224
    The mobs disappearing when leaping and/or being teleported back to the starting area was really annoying, apart that was good fun.

  5. #225
    Legendary! Absolute Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,366
    The charge skill for guardians was really annoying, I'd get knocked out by a boss, spam 4 to get back up, bam, hit charge skill by accident from spamming 4, die instantly.


  6. #226
    I kept getting crash errors, bbc code 116 until I disabled my video cards overclock settings in msi afterburner. I have GTX 560 Ti's in SLI.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I found these dudes in Lions Arch and thought they looked pretty cool so I took a pic...



    ogres... took out one of their warlords in the char area. Very cool. Never seen them unmasked though.

  8. #228
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Was probably the roughest stress test yet, kind of worries me since its so close to launch.
    Lol, I think you missed the point of it being a stress test.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  9. #229
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Lol, I think you missed the point of it being a stress test.
    Well, if the last one was going well and this latest one has skill bugs out the wazoo and widespread log in issues, it's only natural not have a bright outlook on the release date after the buggy as hell one.
    The only notable improvements this time were fps increase and lag decrease, and they added dances. A lot of other things went wrong, especially when a good chunk of the community was screwed over due to someone tampering with log in things to add an ip/email based authenticator. Release might have some problems at this rate.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-22 at 04:19 AM.

  10. #230
    Am I the only one who spent only 30-60mins on each stress test because I want to save as much pleasure as I can for the official launch?

  11. #231
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Well, if the last one was going well and this latest one has skill bugs out the wazoo and widespread log in issues, it's only natural not have a bright outlook on the release date after the buggy as hell one.
    The only notable improvements this time were fps increase and lag decrease, and they added dances. A lot of other things went wrong, especially when a good chunk of the community was screwed over due to someone tampering with log in things to add an ip/email based authenticator. Release might have some problems at this rate.
    Within 10 minutes everyone that was available in my entire guild today was logged in (we had ~75 of us) Time to panic?

    They are well aware of the leap bug, I'm sure they'll get on it
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  12. #232
    The Lightbringer Skelington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UGUU
    Posts
    3,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Within 10 minutes everyone that was available in my entire guild today was logged in (we had ~75 of us) Time to panic?

    They are well aware of the leap bug, I'm sure they'll get on it
    There's quite a few online mediums(official forums, guru, facebook, /vg/, /v/, etc.) full of people saying they were unable to log in, lasting all the way through the event. Some that were in before were unable too log in after logging out, some even having a "fatal error" every time they hit character select or opening the map. The three most common errors being "unable to connect to log in server," "unable to authenticate account," and something like "unable to recognize account privileges." Arenanet hasn't really addressed the issue either. Not saying it's time to panic, but things like this happening right before release isn't something to be all giddy about.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    There's quite a few online mediums(official forums, guru, facebook, /vg/, /v/, etc.) full of people saying they were unable to log in, lasting all the way through the event. Some that were in before were unable too log in after logging out, some even having a "fatal error" every time they hit character select or opening the map. The three most common errors being "unable to connect to log in server," "unable to authenticate account," and something like "unable to recognize account privileges." Arenanet hasn't really addressed the issue either. Not saying it's time to panic, but things like this happening right before release isn't something to be all giddy about.
    That might be why they kept extending the test.

  14. #234
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Am I the only one who spent only 30-60mins on each stress test because I want to save as much pleasure as I can for the official launch?
    Played 6 hours still only explored 2% of the total world. There will be plenty of stuff to do. I've got most of the story in so I can speed through that and get to level 30 asap, really want to see how dungeons play out.


  15. #235
    General PVE and WvW was very stable. It was kinda strange in the sPVP preparation area. While tweaking my traits I got constant disconnects (every 30 secs or minute) and my trait options wouldn't get "saved". When I entered the actual battlegrounds it was stable again. Did anybody experience something similar?
    Last edited by kelevandros; 2012-08-22 at 05:12 AM.

  16. #236
    Legendary! Absolute Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,366
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Lol, I think you missed the point of it being a stress test.
    I'm not saying stress tests should be perfect, and the glitch was fixed by the end of it, but I just noticed more bugs than the other tests is all.


  17. #237
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    10,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    There's quite a few online mediums(official forums, guru, facebook, /vg/, /v/, etc.) full of people saying they were unable to log in, lasting all the way through the event. Some that were in before were unable too log in after logging out, some even having a "fatal error" every time they hit character select or opening the map. The three most common errors being "unable to connect to log in server," "unable to authenticate account," and something like "unable to recognize account privileges." Arenanet hasn't really addressed the issue either. Not saying it's time to panic, but things like this happening right before release isn't something to be all giddy about.
    I remember seeing them updating their Twitter saying they were aware some were unable to log in, and that they were looking into it.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'm not saying stress tests should be perfect, and the glitch was fixed by the end of it, but I just noticed more bugs than the other tests is all.
    Agreed.. it's a little concerning to see new bugs in launch week. I've no doubt they'll be squashed, but I always expected the final week to be a 'release candidate' build with no bugs or very few bugs and the stress test was purely to put pressure on the servers to simulate launch night.. not to find new bugs. But i'm sure they'll get it sorted. I just hope the 3 day headstart isn't 3 days of testing. I'm probably being harsh saying that. I do love the game and the devs. It can't be easy.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Am I the only one who spent only 30-60mins on each stress test because I want to save as much pleasure as I can for the official launch?
    hell no, I was rushing around like a mad man. Although I did stay away from norn, the norn starting area and the warrior class since I didn't want to spoil that.

  20. #240
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'm not saying stress tests should be perfect, and the glitch was fixed by the end of it, but I just noticed more bugs than the other tests is all.
    You know, I would be concerned if I thought these guys were the kind of people that would launch a buggy game then just walk away from it for months, saying, "The next content patch will fix it" or heaven forbid, "The next expac will fix it". The fact that they worked with players to identify and repair a glitch during a stress test and implemented a patch to fix it on the fly mind you, without taking the servers down speaks volumes for their dedication to making the game the best possible experience for all of us.

    Thinking a game will launch completely bug-free is extremely naive. The question is whether you believe the developers will leave it that way. There has been nothing in their actions to date to indicate that's the case, but if you really think that, maybe you should just ask for a refund now.

    Otherwise you are just being alarmist.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-22 at 08:19 AM.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •