Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Hmm, when is the patch in Europe? I'm guessing tonight?
    Yes. I assume they'll start taking the servers down around 3am, as the usual procedure is.

Act 3 farming is going to be a joke for my WW Barb now. Only 1 mob can be shielded, no invulnerable minions, everything does 15% less damage, white mobs have more health, enchantress won't die every 2 seconds, blood clan shamans and other mobs won't run 5 screens away.

Going to be a good patch.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2012-08-21 at 11:33 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Wheres the patch?
    In a couple of hours extended merely by more hours and more hours

It seems to be starting O.o . It downloaded something small then says it's up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Blizzard customer,

We would thank you for participating in the "paid Beta" of Diablo 3. It has been a rough road but we feel like with the release of patch 1.04 the game can finally be considered a release candidate. We appreciate everyone's hard work and $ testing the equipment, skill, and AH/RMAH system!

We understand that some of you may be upset about the recent changes. We hope a majority of you realized after such changes as the IAS nerf and adjustments to Smoke Screen that any skills, runes, and gear would still be subject to change at any time while we finished development and initial testing of the game.
    Watching some of you cry I have to wonder how you are really surprised by any of this. I haven't considered the game out of Beta until possibly 1.04 (waiting to see feedback on it once it's live).

Blizz set a horrible precedent by nerfing IAS and showing that already dropped/purchased items are subject to nerfs. This should have been your first clue that any FotM gear sets and skill builds would be subject to future change. Those of you that farmed up certain builds need to look at it as something you wanted to do for early advancement/fun and not something that would retain as viable long term.

I totally agree the ultimate fault falls on Blizz shoulders but you can't ignore all the warning signs you were given. Blue posts flat out saying they were going to nerf IAS and then people coming here complaining they lost 50% of their DPS made me LoL as I avoided gearing for IAS and only got set back like 5k. This is exactly why I built a modest well rounded (only 60k DPS) for my DH and quit while I let Blizz "finish" their game.

Another huge warning sign to me was also how they handled Beta. Not allowing users to test Inferno (even just Act 1) and skilll+rune combos up to 60 was a huge red flag to me.
    Last edited by SurrealNight; 2012-08-21 at 02:45 PM.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.