Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Im still in awe his pc gets 80 more fps raiding than anyone else!!! No seriously tho your averaging severely less than 120fps in a raid environment even 10's. I run fraps @ 1080p Full 60 fps still dumps to 40's during extreme aoe and such in 10m. 25m lock it to 30 and hope for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Im still in awe his pc gets 80 more fps raiding than anyone else!!! No seriously tho your averaging severely less than 120fps in a raid environment even 10's. I run fraps @ 1080p Full 60 fps still dumps to 40's during extreme aoe and such in 10m. 25m lock it to 30 and hope for the best.
    Post no #4 is OP saying these numbers are from playing on low/medium settings. I'd buy it, with no combat log parsing addons.. and a sandy/ivy.. maybe.
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-08-22 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Post no #4 is OP saying these numbers are from playing on low/medium settings. I'd buy it, with no combat log parsing addons.. and a sandy/ivy.. maybe.
    Ahhh good show. I still don't know about that tho because really it isnt the graphics that starts jamming you down. Its all that insane data w/ some of the ugliest coding I have ever seen, but then again 4~ months of beta and we had to use cracked hacked and chopped recompiles to play w/o horrid null pters etc. I guess it could be possible but Idk, id have to see that in person. Then i'd ask why the hell even bother to record or stream in such bad quality?

27" - 2560 x 1440

Quote Originally Posted by Titheon View Post
    27" - 2560 x 1440
    ...yea? You do know that is not a valid reply to anything. Secondly why would you record @ 2560x1440 when more than 80% of the widescreens will be in viewing in a lower resolution? It will not look any better to anyone but people w/ equal monitors, and that isnt the point of sharing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, your monitor is not even capable of displaying 120fps, it is a 60Hz monitor, just leave VSync on. As for Fraps, well, Fraps uses a TON of CPU resources, expect your fps to drop, there's nothing you can do about it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    OP, your monitor is not even capable of displaying 120fps, it is a 60Hz monitor, just leave VSync on. As for Fraps, well, Fraps uses a TON of CPU resources, expect your fps to drop, there's nothing you can do about it.
    Well I totally agree except locked @ 30fps I get quality footage and I dont dip below 30fps while recording so its quite nice imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrox View Post
    I got caught by the sub-discussion about SSD endurance and it piqued my curriosity, so I did some reading. Very interesting, so thank you for that
    However it seems that the limit is a thing of the past. SSD's are now so good that they'll easily outlive most conventional HDD's.
    Here is one example where the math shows 51 years of running time at sustained full capacity write. Todays consumer SSD's get a write of ~420-520 mb/s though as far as I can see, so even assuming nothing else has improved, the count would be in the area of 8 years of continuous writing. I don't think I'd worry too much about that

I can recommend reading the article, even if a bit long. It's good stuff
    Source: http://www.storagesearch.com/ssdmyths-endurance.html
    So question, because I couldn't find a direct statement on this in the article. Are they talking about SLC SSDs or MLC SSDs. Seems like SLC since it's talking about servers and business. SLC from what I've read have about 10x more cycles.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't you get the 3770k instead of the non-k version? k=unlocked version -_-

And make sure Fraps is installed on the SAME hard drive you're saving videos to, I had Fraps on my SSD and movies saved to my hard drive and my performance in game SUCKED whiel recording. Switched Fraps to the same drive and I keep the same performance while recording as I have when not. And my rig is a little under yours, while still getting 200fps+ in dungeons and 88ish in combat.

Sorry to bump this but I'm getting closer to wanting to do raids as well. From what I've tested extensively, it's just a mixture of raw CPU speed and more importantly, disk writing speed. A good GPU helps for sure but if you're not recording to a seperate HDD at a minimum, your FPS will tank hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post

For what it's worth I've had some good luck dropping Fraps for DXtory. It's a fairly expensive program (~$50) but it seems to work much better. It supports recording at an arbitrary frame rate while you record to another. It can do multiple audio streams without merging them (ie: game sound on one track, ventrillo on another, microphone on another) for editing after the fact. It will record to one "big ass file" rather than spanning into multiple 4gb files, it can do just specific regions of the screen or everything (even merging cameras + game play into seperate video tracks). It supports per-game profiles (so your FPS might record at lower quality but higher frame rate than warcraft). It can record to multiple drives at once, and is generally pretty kick-ass.

Best of all, it records in a format that Adobe Premiere is willing to open without any transcoding wich saves a step in the editing process. There's a free trial you can snag from their website - it's worth checking it out. I've been able to drop down to recording at 1080p30 without sacrificing gameplay framerate which means I can use a simple 2-disk raid-0 array for recording and use the third drive as a backup/archive/scratch disk.

EDIT: The latest release of dxtory (and everything shipped in the last month or so) have had issues with the 64-bit wow client causing crashes. The 32 bit client works fine and I find that I'm still better off recording with dxtory than fraps: you get a more reliable framerate despite dropping to the 32-bit client.
    What you're saying sounds like you're not willing to use Vegas, since Dxtory wants to do all the job (a Windows Movie Maker can do) for you.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please don't bump threads that are nearly a year old without some excessively useful information.