Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I just buy it in the super markets here, VERY limited supermarkets have it
    Subway restaurants also have them..

My preparation arrives on Thursday

i5-3570k
    Z77 Extreme4 Mobo
    Case

To be assembled with parts in my current computer, the important things are the 6870 and SSD. Every computer I've owned has always been a prebuilt, so this will be the first computer that I've built myself. The only parts I'll be using in the new computer that came originally on my current computer is the hdd and disk drive, everything else has been upgraded at some point.

It was like Thursday last week I decided to this too. I just started randomly browsing newegg and it was like hmm, I've got enough money to buy some good upgrades, AND I can get it here before GW2 launches.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-21 at 06:37 PM.

You mistyped Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    You mistyped Z77
    Too much excitement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking the week off from work, Summer Vacation time.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Too much excitement.
    I have the same motherboard, I was going to get that CPU but it came out a day after I needed it (you know, a day after BWE1...so more accurately a week after, but close enough)...Are those 3 parts the only new parts, or were the 6870 and SSD mentioned below also new? If it's your first time on an SSD, I can promise, you'll love it. My system boots to full readiness in <30 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

i5-3750k
    Z77 Extreme4 Mobo
    Case

To be assembled with parts in my current computer, the important things are the 6870 and SSD. Every computer I've owned has always been a prebuilt, so this will be the first computer that I've built myself. The only parts I'll be using in the new computer that came originally on my current computer is the hdd and disk drive, everything else has been upgraded at some point.

It was like Thursday last week I decided to this too. I just started randomly browsing newegg and it was like hmm, I've got enough money to buy some good upgrades, AND I can get it here before GW2 launches.
    Also mistyped 3570k

Can't wait. By god you people should eat better though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I have the same motherboard, I was going to get that CPU but it came out a day after I needed it (you know, a day after BWE1...so more accurately a week after, but close enough)...Are those 3 parts the only new parts, or were the 6870 and SSD mentioned below also new? If it's your first time on an SSD, I can promise, you'll love it. My system boots to full readiness in <30 seconds
    I got the 6870 with a bigger PSU this last christmas, and the SSD I bought almost 3 months ago. My current mobo though is only Sata 2, so it should be a little faster with the new mobo supporting Sata 3. I bought a mechanical keyboard a few weeks ago too. The last thing I have that's upgraded is just a CPU cooler, so I should be good to do some OCing right away if I wanted (still undecided right now). I know I'm going to OC, I'm just thinking about holding off on OCing for a month or so.

I've basically built a brand new computer this year, it just took about 8 months lol
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-21 at 06:38 PM.

i5-3750k
    Z77 Extreme4 Mobo
    Case

Similar story, though i decided to treat myself to a new build instead of upgrades :P
    i5 - 3570k going to 4.4ghz
    jetstream gtx 670 2gb in sli
    z77
    Benq 24" 120Hz 3D Vision 2.0 Widescreen LED Monitor
    couple of ssd's for OS/games and game footage :P
    Last edited by xStevooo; 2012-08-21 at 06:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My preparation arrives on Thursday .
    You're going to end up like me

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Because not everybody has unlimited time, and no need to care about anything, and as so doesn't have to prepare. :S
    Lets not kid ourselves here. The people who are able to prepare themselves for the release of a game have plenty of free time on their hands!

Deleted
    waiting for time to pass

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves here. The people who are able to prepare themselves for the release of a game have plenty of free time on their hands!
    Yeah because i work 5-6 days a week including travel time about 10 hours a day, roughly 8 hours sleep per night, so excluding eating/shower/grooming/family and friends thats 6 spare hours a day, in reality about 4 actual 'spare hours'.
    Taking into consideration i haven't research deeply into Gw2 just very light detail, or took part in any beta/tests/stress tests etc i barely know nothing about the game in comparison to others. And that's how i want it, i want a complete fresh experience when i login knowing nothing about my forthcomings
    And to add further to the excitement the game happens to be released during my week off work, and am building a new gaming beast tomorrow morning
    Last edited by xStevooo; 2012-08-21 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You're going to end up like me
    I know, and I need to stop so I can buy a new car lol

I picked that mobo over a different one suggested to me just in case some day I decide I want to SLI/crossfire...then if I ever did that I think I'd have to buy 2 more monitors. I wouldn't mind 1 new monitor to replace my current one, and a new headset/mic would be nice too. I really need to save my money though ><

Deleted
    Bah, i wish i could have some Dr.Peppers but there are none round here. Total Sadness.

I´m gonna buy a 4 pack of Red Bull (if I end up drinking it fast I´m gonna send my roommate to buy me more so I don´t lose precious time hahah) Bought some awesome swedish ginger biscuits today. In the upcoming days I will buy some chicken fillets and have them ready for when I get really hungry. And that´s it so far. Oh yeah I´m gonna buy an Apple Pie as well because..well it´s just really delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there will be simultaneous WORLDWIDE LAUNCH PARTIES going on

I myself will be partaking in the festivities on multiple fronts

-with my guild in mumble drinking, eating, bs'ing, chillin until the servers open
    -gamebreaker

look, if you guys aren't doing anythang or got nothing special planned..
    come hang out with the Gamebreaker crew!

the chat will be insane, you'll have 4 webcams up, music, drinks, jokes, be part of the madness! this is gonna be like new years

come hang out with Gamebreaker, I'll be there along with thousands of others!
    Last edited by charlieprince; 2012-08-23 at 07:42 PM.

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Deleted
    I am going on vacation for two weeks.
    The game will still be available when I get back.

I won’t miss anything

Deleted
    I know, and I need to stop so I can buy a new car lol

I picked that mobo over a different one suggested to me just in case some day I decide I want to SLI/crossfire...then if I ever did that I think I'd have to buy 2 more monitors. I wouldn't mind 1 new monitor to replace my current one, and a new headset/mic would be nice too. I really need to save my money though ><
    I confess that I may have been looking at a few components over the last day or so and wondering how mad it would be to build a gaming rig next week.

Deleted
    Going to do about 30 mins worth of research into a server to pick.
    Pretty much a regular day for me, although my boyfriend is being awesome and doing the cooking that day, which is usually my job.

Some ice pops for temperature control, lounge on my sofa and enjoy the game. Going to try and not burn myself out of it though, I am in no rush to get to the max level and going to enjoy being a complete noob again

Just realised lookin over forums that alot of people know alot of people or online friends that they are joining up with, feel so alone. BF wont be joining me for a week or 2 so I guesss it aint bad