Post your 1.04 crafting successes.

Im interested to see just how good some of those 6 prop lvl 62 weapons are turning out as well as legendaries. I have about 8 million gold in crafting mats just wondering if its worth it to start churning out some lvl 62 crossbows or axes or just sell off my mats. So has anyone crafted anything good? I dont have legendary recipes so mostly interested in 6 prop weapons but would also like to see some insane oranges as well.

made ten 6 prop axes just too see if they would be any decent and got these 2. I know they arent level 63s of course but I donk think they are that bad either.

Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-21 at 07:01 PM.

Thank you, I was looking for what I should be crafting !

I would say those are definitely good items, especially considering you only crafted 10 to get both of them. Pretty nice odds I'd say. If I have time tonight I'll try to craft a few weapons as well and let you know the results.
    Last edited by yasiru; 2012-08-21 at 10:15 PM.

I will be crafting Exhalted Grand Crag Hammers, Ill let you know how that goes If I can get the AH to spit out my essences!

Also got a 1150 Xbow with 60% crit and socket and an 1100 DPS Xbow with 51% and socket. They sold so fast couldnt get a pic lol.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Also got a 1150 Xbow with 60% crit and socket and an 1100 DPS Xbow with 51% and socket. They sold so fast couldnt get a pic lol.
    Should of sold it to me personally :P those two are good flipping material
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-22 at 12:21 AM.

So the 6 prop doomcaster is worth crafting? I need a new xbow. Only bought the plan as an investment but if I can make myself a decent xbow for less than it would cost me to buy it from the AH, I'll take that route.

My xbow kinda sucks atm, it was the highest DPS (254 dex helps) I could get with a socket that was less than 10m.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    So the 6 prop doomcaster is worth crafting? I need a new xbow. Only bought the plan as an investment but if I can make myself a decent xbow for less than it would cost me to buy it from the AH, I'll take that route.

My xbow kinda sucks atm, it was the highest DPS (254 dex helps) I could get with a socket that was less than 10m.
    My crafts were garbage, I'm telling you right now I had over 30m in crafts and not a single 1 turned great xD

RNG is RNG though and it stung me :P
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-22 at 01:15 AM.

Dropped 8 mil into hammer and came out with these as the sellable ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    made ten 6 prop axes just too see if they would be any decent and got these 2.
    that Int axe itself will sell for 30mil+

Deleted
    unless the market wil be flooded with this type of items...

I've noticed the average DPS on weapons that are dropped/crafted has been much higher. I see a lot of 900+ dps 2h drop and 700+ dps 1h drop, before the patch it wasn't that common.

I've noticed the average DPS on weapons that are dropped/crafted has been much higher. I see a lot of 900+ dps 2h drop and 700+ dps 1h drop, before the patch it wasn't that common.
    Because ilevel 61 and 62 weapons can roll all of the same mods that a 63 can now. Only difference is the base damage.

As the one above said and this is a stealthnerf to inferno to make more people see the content because suddenly for 5M gold you can get a weapon that deals a ton more damage.

Deleted
    What materials do you need to craft these? How much do they cost?

And crafting now worthless lol. Because pretty much 75% of anything you craft will hit on a socket and also crit damage all you need is a high DPS which seems to be common as well. Oh well got a few sales within the first few hours of servers up because I guess a lot of people's auctions had also expired so all they saw was my stuff. Now I cant even sell what i posted pics of for 4 mil. Those items if dropped prior to 1.04 would have easily been 15 mil each maybe more.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-23 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    What materials do you need to craft these? How much do they cost?
    Exquisite Essence, Iridescent Tear, and Tome of Secret. The Tomes drop, the other two are obtained by disenchanting blues and rares of level 60+. The 5-slot weapon patterns are rather cheap. I picked up a couple for about 30k each. The amount of Essence for each weapon is the big one. If you're not one to pick up blues a lot like me, you'll end up spending a lot on the auction house for em.

On that note, just made 8 5-slot one-handed weapons. All of them below 500 dps. Really...
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-08-24 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My success has been very meh so far

I made a one handed axe with 990 DPS, 50% Crit Damage and I think Dex on it

Also made a 1000(ish) DPS bow with 200 Dex, 100(ish) Vit, 120 LoH, and a socket

Not bad but not Holy fuck status either
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-08-24 at 11:21 PM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

So, question for everyone that crafts. Has business been good since the patch? I've noticed that commodities on the AH, (NA) have been dropping in price. That's actually the opposite of what I expected. The way I figured it, a lot of people would want to do crafting, with the changes to weapons and legendaries, and that should heavily increase demand. Pre patch essence was about 1200 per unit, then it spiked to 1600 just before the patch, now it's down to 800. Kind of odd imo.