Deleted

GW2 Pre-Purchase Key Question

After hearing all about Guild Wars 2 recently I'm now in a state where I'm probably going to purchase it on the day of its release, however after looking around some online shops I appear to have missed out on the pre-purchase.

There are some people selling just the 3-day headstart pre release keys on a certain auctioning website, my question is, if I were to buy one of those would I be able to activate it to participate in the 3-day headstart and then go and purchase a standard edition on the day of release and input that code to activate a full account?

10+ Year Old Account
    Be safe, dont do that man, you could get scammed out of 60$ or more. Just wait 3 extra days. Safety First.

On top of that, I didnt get a pre purchase key, I got one key when I pre purchased, I immediately attached it to my GW2 account and it activated the game for my account. So if you buy a key, it should be the entire game.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2012-08-21 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Personally I wouldn't trust random people selling the 3day headstart key.
    You can still pre-purchase it digitally from the gw2 website at least, don't know about the other stores.

Just buy it from buy.guildwars2.com. You can still pre-purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    I would purchase it directly from Arena Net but in the UK they want to charge me £60 for the standard edition, I can go to a shop on the day of release and pick it up for £35. The guy who is selling it isnt selling the full game, hes just selling a 3-day headstart key for £1.27, its not too much to lose if it turns out to be a scam and I can always just file a complaint through paypal, his has a lot of selling history, dont think he would like to lose it for a small sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhaler View Post
    The guy who is selling it isnt selling the full game, hes just selling a 3-day headstart key for £1.27.
    I am not understanding this at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhaler View Post
    The guy who is selling it isnt selling the full game, hes just selling a 3-day headstart key for £1.27
    You can get that for free from Amazon if you're clever (or can google it ) and dishonest.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-21 at 08:19 PM.