Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCAPLS0CK View Post
    I feel that if I gained a beard I would instantly become much stronger. Can any of you bearded folk confirm this?
    I've noticed gains since growing a beard. To all of you that say beards are gross - hear this: Women love my beard. If they don't love my beard I make them love my beard.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Be careful what you wish for, OP. You could end up like me where I have a five o'clock shadow no matter how close I shave and it creates problems for me at jobs that require a 'clean shaven look'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I think beards suck. They're not very hygienic and most women don't like them.
    Do you shave your head with a bic each day? Cause its kind of similar 'hygene' wise. Also, most women don't like them on men who can't grow a proper one. Chicks definitely dig my beard (not all, but what shit do I give about the ones that don't?) and the only time I hear them say they don't like them is when they are making direct reference to the guys who try to grow out 20 or so hairs on their face and try to call it a beard or the guys who don't have good grooming habits to begin with.

Deleted
    Actually no, when you'll get one you'll understand how annoying beards are. They grow fast and in some days you don't have time to shave, meaning everyone saying "oh, your beard stung me" or "you should shave, you look like you're not taking care of yourself". So be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post

I just saw these guys play live yesterday at my uni, I've never felt so emasculated..
    lol awesome

15+ Year Old Account
    I've come across girls that love it and hate it. My current girlfriend doesn't care so I'm a lot more lax in shaving the beard. Moustache is a big no for me though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Sadly, I have to keep my beard pretty neatly trimmed. I can't grow it out for weeks like I used to.
    This. My jobs require me to keep a neat appearance. I can have a beard, but it has to remain neatly trimmed.

Probably for the best, it grows at different speeds and lengths depending on the area of my face, anyway.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 06:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Actually no, when you'll get one you'll understand how annoying beards are. They grow fast and in some days you don't have time to shave, meaning everyone saying "oh, your beard stung me" or "you should shave, you look like you're not taking care of yourself". So be careful what you wish for.
    That's not a beard, though. That's just being lazy. We're talking about actual beards, not people that were too lazy to shave over the weekend.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Nothing like a set of well-cultivated facial furniture. Beards are great - as long as you aren't one of those guys that can only manage patchy growth. In which case, you're better off sticking with a clean shaven look.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Beards are... Like a woman's nipples, I think. That might sound like a really strange analogy, but bear with me:

The male counterpart to the female 'breasts' is undoubtedly the shoulders. Some people like a woman with big breasts, others prefer a woman with tiny breasts. In the same way, some people prefer a man with broad shoulders you can really dig your nails into, while others prefer a man with a delicate frame. Personally, I feel that that is mainly an 'ability vs. environment' thing... If you work harder during your early teen years, you're likely to have broader shoulders, whereas, if you're from a very well to do family, you're more likely to have a delicate frame. Shoulder width then implies ability or environment, and people's preference depend on that.
    The same is somewhat true for breasts. The biggest breasts are a hindrance (much like a thin frame is), so the person's ability to perform in physical activity is less, which means that the person doesn't nééd to. Sexual selection at best, here; the paradise bird's tail feathers are in the same boat. Tiny breasts are preferred by some people, but they make sucking a child difficult, so they're not very practical (and usually, tiny-breasted women have slight and delicate frames, as well; see 'men'), which can, again, be interpreted as a status thing (or, of course, starvation). Hey; whatever rocks your boat.
    Anyway; beards are more like nipples.

Meaning: The size doesn't really matter all that much. They are merely something that develops as a person starts to sexually develop, so these things are secondary sexual characteristics. Some people like small nipples, some like big nipples. Some people like bushy beards, some people like smooth-shaven.
    The actual advantage of beards over nipples is: You can change your style every now and then, try out new shapes, forms, patterns and what-have-you.

Bottom line: Beards are a secondary sexual characteristic. As such, different people like them in different ways. Beards don't make you 'manlier,' 'more attractive' or anything the like (unless you're aiming to attract a specific person who's preferences you can gauge).

If you want to grow a beard: Great; have fun. However, unlike nipples, beards need grooming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    - Beards n nipples -
    You know, I never would have thought of comparing beards to nipples... But that post actually made sense, bravo
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP