Deleted

replacing the dk

Hi, I played a priest throughout the cataclysm, and now I do not know whether to move on dk.
    It is a good choice?

Deleted
    What spec did you play as priest ?

Deleted
    mainspec Discipline offspec shadow

I'm thinking about switching from shadowpriest to dk.
    Not completely sure about this though.
    How fun are dks? Resource system seems somewhat involving, although I expect it to be somewhat easy to get used to.

Uhm, for starting out in MoP tanking on that DK would give you some benefits. Gold, mats, and gear you can disenchant for your Priest and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbolek View Post
    mainspec Discipline offspec shadow
    Well, that would be a BIG change. Switching from distance to melee, healing to dps or tanking. The best thing to do is to try, I guess. Leveling a DK is cool because you'll be ready for outland very soon, equipped with tons of blue so you'll just hack through pack of mobs like grass.

How fun are dks? Resource system seems somewhat involving, although I expect it to be somewhat easy to get used to.
    Easy to play, hard to master. But once you get used to it, you can achieve a lot of cool things !

Deleted
    I have dk on 85 lvl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbolek View Post
    I have dk on 85 lvl
    Ok.

So you kinda know how it's working right ? You should try beta, or PTR and see what's going on there. Maybe do a few instances or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Asheriah View Post
    Easy to play, hard to master. But once you get used to it, you can achieve a lot of cool things !
    Current shadow fits this description. Sadly, they're changing it to 'easy to play, easy to master' model :/ which is why I'm looking to change classes now.

Since you are rerolling you should definetly pick a monk. Not saying that DK is bad but you would be at same level than every other monks class mechanism wise.
    /played 500 days and still enjoying DK tho.

Too many DKs as is. Too many plate DPS in general. Go with a monk. They will have a LOT of balance problems for a while, but they won't be UP and you can play all 4 rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Too many DKs as is. Too many plate DPS in general. Go with a monk. They will have a LOT of balance problems for a while, but they won't be UP and you can play all 4 rolls.
    All 'four' roles? They don't have a ranged dps spec, do they? Also, there are four specs of three classes for plate dps, and there are three classes with 5 dps specs and two tank specs which use all the same gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swapped from a Disc priest OS Shadow, to a Unholy Dk, and it was an awesome change my dk is now my main and i play frost mainly with a bit of unholy and in mop will be frost/blood.....In terms of the change i do miss healilng but its been much more fun chasing after bosses xP

I think its hard to switch from a caster to a melee, its like switching from on dimension to another.

My negative answer is... don't do it, by far i wouldn't call the death knight class "hero" anymore.