Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    I will stick to the in game armor like I did in GW1. I'll hold out for GW2 version of Obby armor. The racial armor is also really nice. I will by bank slots or bag slots, but that is it as long as all minis can drop minus the Rytock we get w/ our CE.

  2. #102
    Stood in the Fire Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    492
    I will never buy the costumes, but would definitely consider gear/weapons that can be used in combat.

  3. #103
    Bloodsail Admiral Haggerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, Angel
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The skins being re-usable doesn't change anything? The fact is, in level 5 zones you play like a badass you feel like a badass. That's no less true when you're level 75.
    I do see your point...and I'm cool that people are cool with it...for me, I dunno, it doesn't feel right - I wanna look cool, but not necessarily look badass.

    I generally prefer the more subtle stuff anyway...I guess it just depends though on the specific outfit - but I won't be rushing to buy the shoulders with lava and meteors spewing out of them - at level 3 :-)

    I know that levelling isn't the same as other games, you unlock your skills and you're the same hero as you will be - perhaps in my head the time I spend and adventures I have with a character are like a coming-of-age story...I like the idea of the transition. Perhaps it also has something to do with personal skill and I'll naturally outgrow the more basic armour as I personally feel as if I'm a more capable player. Maybe I'll treat myself to really meaty stuff as a reward for tasks I set myself.

    I suppose all I'm saying is that the more overpowered (or whatever) stuff has symbolic meaning to me personally...and that's how I'll use it. It isn't a rule I'm setting myself...just, a feeling. On the other hand...I'm pleased that the system allows anyone to do what they want - and I'll smile a little smile when I take down anyone wearing a volcano hat or/and tempest pants.
    Last edited by Haggerty; 2012-08-23 at 08:24 PM.

  4. #104
    I have some questions:

    1) Are they re-usable
    2) Are they usable on ALL your characters or just on one
    3) Do these sets include weapon skins, the pics seem to have matching weapons

  5. #105
    1) Implied to be, yes
    2) Unsure, but quite possibly.
    3) No. The sets just had good weapons to go along with them because the person taking the shot actually has taste.

    The reason for the uncertainty in 1 and 2 is gem store was shut down the last stress test (as they carry over old gems to be saved until launch).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  6. #106
    1)Yes is possible w/ transmute stones
    2)I would assume no because all other items bought from the gem store wouldn't work on other toons.
    3)These sets do not include weapon skins but may have some come out that you could purchase.

    I will be buying them once i get tired of the HoM gear ima get.

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKoopa410 View Post
    1)Yes is possible w/ transmute stones
    .
    Did I understand this right, if you use transmute stones on cosmetic armor you get from store you can use it as your fighting gear?

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by nanessa View Post
    Did I understand this right, if you use transmute stones on cosmetic armor you get from store you can use it as your fighting gear?
    Yes, you make the gear with stats you like look like gear with looks you like, from what I understand, so you should be able to make your gear look like whatever you want.

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Yes, you make the gear with stats you like look like gear with looks you like, from what I understand, so you should be able to make your gear look like whatever you want.
    Oh that is great! Thank you.

  10. #110
    Warchief Sylreick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,010
    Assuming I can gather enough in-game currency to utilize with the gem store, then yes I don't see why not. Probably won't go for cosmetic stuff before character slots though.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Yes, you make the gear with stats you like look like gear with looks you like, from what I understand, so you should be able to make your gear look like whatever you want.
    But only the stone is consumed correct? In some games with these kinds of features the item with the look you like is also consumed in the process wich I hope isn't the case here.
    When in doubt, mumble...

  12. #112
    I don't think I'll buy cosmetic gear... I've always felt that's something best left to achieving in game. Nothing against those who will buy the C-gear, though. Beyond that, I have the full HoM set so I'm not overly worried about it.

    I will buy things from the gem store, though I'm not sure what yet. If I see something that I'd like to have I don't think I'll hesitate to spend the money.


    Little by little I grow a little more bitter, sit down in my chair like a grown man to his dinner. "Where's my newspaper, boy? Dog, fetch me my slippers. Feed me, do the dishes, if you need me I'm in the shitter."

  13. #113
    Cosmetic gear, will try to buy, by using gold to gems transactions, if they look really good on Norns and are usable in combat.


  14. #114
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    But only the stone is consumed correct? In some games with these kinds of features the item with the look you like is also consumed in the process wich I hope isn't the case here.
    Pretty sure both the stone and the skin item will be consumed. However, the stat item, which becomes reskinned, can then be used with another stone to carry the skin on to yet another item.

    Can't say I'm 100% sure though, so don't trust me blindly.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Pretty sure both the stone and the skin item will be consumed. However, the stat item, which becomes reskinned, can then be used with another stone to carry the skin on to yet another item.

    Can't say I'm 100% sure though, so don't trust me blindly.
    Well I hope it's done so we can reapply the look we want and it probably is given that we need special transmutation stones that are consumed, but yeah we'll see.
    When in doubt, mumble...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •