Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Amenthil View Post
    wow dude chill out a bit ..... Most wireless mouse systems dont have that warning system in the first place. Mine doesnt have it and i had plenty of wireless crap in the past so maybe you might want to do some research on thing before you start insulting people and make yourself look like a idiot
    Not to mention even if it did have a warning system a lot of people think "oh it is still good for like another day or so". Then voila it runs out. Happens so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Not to mention even if it did have a warning system a lot of people think "oh it is still good for like another day or so". Then voila it runs out. Happens so often.
    It's like when your laptop warns you that it has 25% battery left and then it shuts down two minutes later.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    my wireless mouse doesn't give me a warning on screen either. the light near the scroller turns red but that's about it. you guys must have junk wireless mice because mine lasts forever on a set of fresh batteries. and also, a lot of the time i'll fall asleep and leave it on and still it runs a lot longer than any i've had in the past. i think i change the batteries maybe once a month although i don't really remember the last time i changed em but it's been a while. also i don't use it non-stop, mainly for like 4-6 hours after i get home from work but like i said, it has been left on over night and a few times all the next day cuz i don't usually check if it's on before i leave for work. i don't have it with me so i'll give the model number and manufaturer when i get home if anyones interested but i believe it's a logitech i bought from best buy for like $20-30.

I had once a wireless mouse. However, when it ran out I got mad cause I got owned in a game. Threw my mouse hard against my door and never bothered with other wireless shit again.

And what made you unable to press Esc?

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    This thread is such a lie,

The cordless mouse has a warning that pops up on your computer screen that lets you know that your battery is running low... usually you get another 10-20 hours before it actually quits,

So don't make B.S. thread about how your mouse suddenly died, either you knew the batteries were low or you failed to mention it because you love to exaggerate your stories to sound more important,

You do know that's a bonus you get when you install the software for your logitech mouse (haven't used others, so wouldn't know if razer does it too), right? You don't NEED the software to use the mouse, but if you have it, you can re-bind your mouse keys, so it's usefull to have in order to make useless key's like a "zoom" key actually do something.
    If you don't have it installed, no warnings for logitech atleast ^_^.

Unless working in a office space or at a desk where cordes are a mature minus, I sure would never use it

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You do know that's a bonus you get when you install the software for your logitech mouse (haven't used others, so wouldn't know if razer does it too), right? You don't NEED the software to use the mouse, but if you have it, you can re-bind your mouse keys, so it's usefull to have in order to make useless key's like a "zoom" key actually do something.
    If you don't have it installed, no warnings for logitech atleast ^_^.
    I actually died (in softcore) while playing D3 today due to my wireless keyboard batteries suddenly failing. Then I died again as I didn't realize the keyboard wasn't working, I thought I had just been slow with the Diamond Skin button and rezzed up with my mouse...

I do have some of that Logitech software installed but I haven't seen any warnings for my keyboard batteries, they just failed and my keyboard was fixed by change of batteries. I have been seeing warnings for my mouse batteries and the software has been saying they're "critical" but they've been critical for weeks now and the mouse is fine...

So yeah, it happens.

Not to mention that the OPs computer might be shared by multiple people. The warnings pop up every few days for me so it's easy to have them pop up while someone else is on the computer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's like when your laptop warns you that it has 25% battery left and then it shuts down two minutes later.
    Mine did this the other day whilst on the web, was on 27% ... blinked and it was on 7% and said "System will now shut down to save battery" ...

10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment when your backup batteries are dead... and your backup backup batteries are dead too.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    And what made you unable to press Esc?
    Perhaps he played with someone?

I'd never buy a wireless mouse and, as a primarily PC focused person, who plays games as a hobby, I just shake my head whenever I see something being sold as a gaming mouse, when it's wireless. Wired mice. Always.