Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Technically the LFR is a raid so he is a raider, his complaint that newbs are ruining it for him is confusing because there is just about no way to ruin the LFR. Is he a hardcore raider, no.

I would say he is a raider of sorts. A very casual raider at the most, but a normal raider? Nope not a chance in hell.

blizzard wants him thinking hes a full time raider... guess its working as intended lol

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    People keep seeing this but conveniently forget that the difficulty level difference between LFR and Normal Mode DS is minimal w/the 30% buff.

Morchok hp:

LFR: 76,500,000
    25N: 102,000,000 pre buff (-30mil hp w/buff on)

Just saying.
    NM DS is pretty damn easy with the debuff, but don't forget that unlike LFR it does actually have mechanics :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    NM DS is pretty damn easy with the debuff, but don't forget that unlike LFR it does actually have mechanics :P
    A good deal of mechanics can't be ignored in LFR either with the typical (read: at best, mediocre) LFR raid group. At least, the whole entire raid grp can't ignore them.

That being said I generally agree.
    Last edited by Celista; 2012-08-28 at 08:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting.
    I'd say that by old meaning of a raider, he isn't, but WoW has changed in Cata. They did add LFR for people that can't raid with a guild or don't have the time. So I think there is a new type of "raider" in WoW now. the LFR Raider I guess you could call it...

You guys realise this is completely made up, right?

It is pretty obvious. That said though the "brother" is someone who raids. Raider in WoW terminology is taken to mean someone who raids regularly in an organized fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by deathwish5 View Post
    So my brother has been playing WOW for a few years now. Mainly casual dailys, questing, 5 mans, easy pugs etc. Since LFR I constantly hear him refer to himself as a raider. He does LFR on 3 toons each week but has never killed and boss in BOT, TO4W, BWD, Firelands ETC. I heard him griping on how "These newbs ruin WOW for us fulltime raiders". I could not help but laugh as I used to raid in BC,WOTLK and Cata. Doing content when it was fresh and new and still somewhat challenging. So my question is does doing LFR make you a fulltime raider now?
    I couldn't help myself wondering: how difficult is it for you to form an opinion about your own brother on this matter (especially being a raider yourself)?

The other thing is, your brother is paying to play this game and obviously he is having fun in LFR. So when he refers to himself as being a raider, how exactly is that influencing your gameplay or anyone elses? Let him have fun...........

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 01:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    This is what I think also.... I think he just want to talk about LFR (like somany other) and this is the way he choose to do it.

This is what I think also.... I think he just want to talk about LFR (like somany other) and this is the way he choose to do it.
    This is what I also assumed.

It does not make you a raider.