Thread: Asura - WTF?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Go look at the playable races in SWTOR, since you can't seem to grasp the concept of what is and is not a humanoid.
    Another one who failed basic reading comp? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanoid

the term can refer to anything with uniquely human characteristics and/or adaptations, such as possessing opposable appendage (thumbs) or the ability to walk in an upright position.
    Jesus, its like you people don't ever read sci-fi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Jesus, its like you people don't ever read sci-fi.
    Jesus, it's like you cut out the part that says "more generally" - in other words, if you use the term loosely, instead of correctly.
    What's the point of trying to scientifically specify something if you ignore the specifics.

I can't wait to meet alien races out in the universe, who get all angry that we use the term "humanoid" so loosely. Assuming, of course, they happen to have enough similarities to us.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-22 at 09:48 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    So... just don't play an Asura? Besides, every game has one stupid hate it or love it race, which I generally hate. WoW you have Gnomes, Goblins (to an extent) and soon Pandaren. Guild Wars 2 has Asura. Rift... well, Rift doesn't count because they're all just different coloured humans. Tera has Popori, which I'm guessing you've never played, because they're by far the most stupid looking race I've seen in a game.

You're not going to be able to play many MMOs if one race looking stupid puts you off of the game completely.
    Tera also has pedophilia inspired Elin

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    Go look at the playable races in SWTOR, since you can't seem to grasp the concept of what is and is not a humanoid.
    SWTOR races suck they are all just different heads on one of 5 bodies, and its gross, most of the races in the old movies were unique from each other and you cant even play them in this game, swtor was the worst mmo to the market in 20 years bar none. it was a lazy development team and greedy ceo.

I usually hate silly little races like Asura, but the animations are really top notch. May play one!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Tera also has pedophilia inspired Elin[COLOR="red"]
    Short women plz :P
    They have lore behind them :P

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm concerned, if these races aren't varied or imaginative enough for you, then GW2 simply isn't for you. If you want to play a game with monsters as playable races, go find it - this isn't it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    But they are so adorable!

*Looks at my avatar*
    Mother of god...I won't sleep for days now...

I've only been scared of 1 thing in my life and that's ET...this thing ain't helping it.

Edit: oops confused popori with Elin lol, my bad---
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-22 at 09:56 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Jesus, it's like you cut out the part that says "more generally" - in other words, if you use the term loosely, instead of correctly.

I can't wait to meet alien races out in the universe, who get all angry that we use the term "humanoid" so loosely. Assuming, of course, they happen to have enough similarities to us.
    I am not going to bother spamming this thread further arguing with someone who claims that bipedal, upright anthropomorphic creatures with opposable thumbs are "not-humanoid". It is the very definition of arguing with a bag of bricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR races suck they are all just different heads on one of 5 bodies, and its gross, most of the races in the old movies were unique from each other and you cant even play them in this game, swtor was the worst mmo to the market in 20 years bar none. it was a lazy development team and greedy ceo.
    That's why I pointed those out specifically. :P
    They just copy-pasted the human structure and changed the facial features. That can be considered lazy. But Guild Wars on the other hand, actually has 5 completely unique models/skeletons.
    Last edited by Cinnamohn; 2012-08-22 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to complain about an unimaginative feline race, I'm surprised you picked Charr.

So Sylvari are phytophila inspired in that case?
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-22 at 09:55 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I am not going to bother spamming this thread further arguing with someone who claims that bipedal, upright anthropomorphic creatures with opposable thumbs are "not-humanoid". It is the very definition of arguing with a bag of bricks.
    I just find it absolutely absurd that bipidal + opposable digits = humanoid in your dictionary. It takes more than that to be like humans.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-22 at 09:58 PM.

So Charr are for furries.
    I just find it absolutely absurd that bipidal + opposable digits = humanoid in your dictionary. It takes more than that to be like humans.
    How are they not humanoid?
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-22 at 09:58 PM.

Worst part is that asura don't even have the only redeeming feature of WoW gnomes. Their dying voice is just as lame as the entire race .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ajoram View Post
    As much as I would like to join my friends in GW2 I just can't get over it....
    So you're basically telling us that you cannot force yourself to play GW2 because of the Asura? Wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Ash, I found a new humanoid race for you. It's bipedal and has opposable digits, so it's humanoid, right?

Drake's in your head, inventing new meanings for words yet again!

The term first appeared in 1912 to refer to fossils which were morphologically similar to, but not identical with, those of the human skeleton. Although this usage was common in the sciences for much of the 20th century, it is now considered rare. More generally, the term can refer to anything with uniquely human characteristics and/or adaptations, such as possessing opposable appendage (thumbs) or the ability to walk in an upright position.
    Source: wikipedia.

Hey Ash, I found a new humanoid race for you. It's bipedal and has opposable digits, so it's humanoid, right?
    Pikachu is not bipedal actually. It walks on all fours most of the time.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Pikachu is not bipedal actually. It walks on all fours most of the time.
    So do Charr. Doesn't seem to matter to him.