Buying a part and the next day it goes on sale

So essentially as the title says, How often have you bought something from newegg, tiger direct, or some other site and with in several days of buying it, it either goes on sale or something similar?

I never really had this issue....until today, I bought 2x2gb g-skill ram for 30$ monday (well really 16.99 because of a discount and a 10$ newegg gift card I got with my 3570k) and I look on newegg today and there's Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 ram on there for 38$. Not a total disappointment since my current heatsink doesn't really let me put ram with heatspreaders in.....still would have been nice, I would have found a way.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

This happens to me all the time... And it's never a $5-10 sale that I wouldn't mind too much about. It's always the good ones and it makes me sad that I wasn't more patient about saving my money..

le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaV View Post
    So essentially as the title says, How often have you bought something from newegg, tiger direct, or some other site and with in several days of buying it, it either goes on sale or something similar?

I never really had this issue....until today, I bought 2x2gb g-skill ram for 30$ monday (well really 16.99 because of a discount and a 10$ newegg gift card I got with my 3570k) and I look on newegg today and there's Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600 ram on there for 38$. Not a total disappointment since my current heatsink doesn't really let me put ram with heatspreaders in.....still would have been nice, I would have found a way.
    That's why I buy almost everything from Amazon. Their prices are virtually unbeatable (and unlike Newegg you don't have to dick around with rebates to get that price), free 2 day shipping (I have Prime), FREE returns (Newegg you pay the shipping back even if it's DOA and also they have restocking fee's) phenomenal customer service and most of all, the retro price match. I've bought a laptop, receiver, my SSD, and my recent LED TV all of which reduced in price within 30 days. Called them up and they always issue a refund of the difference to my bank account, no questions asked. Only thing I have ever bought off Newegg was the mobo for my rig as Amazon didn't have it.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Newegg is a great company, I've heard a lot of good things about them and the one time I did order from them it was a great experience, but I feel Amazon is superior in just about every way and prefer to give them my money.
    CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz l Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 l MB: Asrock Z77 Xtreme4 l Memory: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws X l GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 l SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB l HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black l PSU: Corsair HX850 l Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower l
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion.

Deleted
    Shit happends, but you can always return to the store and ask nicely if they will give you the difference back.
    If not, just return your stuff, reclaim your monney and buy them again.

15+ Year Old Account
    My last large purchase of parts worth about 5000 NOK (Couple tens bellow 900 USD). I ordered the items at around 22.00 and checked back just after midnight before going to bed to make sure everything was right. As i checked, i noticed new sales on the front page, so i simply deleted my order and re-ordered the same item, saving somewhere between 5-10%.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

I hate that and so I obsess about whether I am getting the best deal or not before I buy stuff and spend way to long searching for coupon code and discounts before I buy.