Why is rape over dramatized?

First, I'm sure this is going to get closed, but this is a legitimate question.

Why has the act of rape been dramatized to the point of it being the absolute worst atrocity one could commit? Many news reports, television shows and victim interviews depict victims acting more hysterical than victims of gunshot wounds, spousal abuse, murder, attempted murder, kidnapped children and any other possible crime that can be committed. I simply don't understand why.

Taking it all back to the Daniel Tosh incident - http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/opinio...osh/index.html

Comedians can make jokes about:

1. Mass murderers such as Osama, Sudam and Hitler. That's apparently ok.
    2. Racism against black people, asians, etc. That's apparently ok.
    3. Spousal abuse (plenty of jokes out there referencing people beating their wives). That's apparently ok.

Make a joke about rape? THEY CROSSED THE FREAKING LINE OMG. Women up in arms everywhere saying it's an atrocity.

What gives? Why is rape put on a pedestal as the WORST thing you could do to a person when it clearly isn't.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Because some women think crimes against women are worse than crimes against men or crimes against a population as a whole.

They're self-centered idiots is what I'm saying.

Why make a post you know will be locked?

Because rape is mentally damaging to the victim.

I don't know. What I also want to know is why people seem to think that some forms of rape are just as bad as other forms. People act as if raping a sleeping person is as bad as violently raping a conscious person.

Stop talking.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    First, I'm sure this is going to get closed, but this is a legitimate question.

Why has the act of rape been dramatized to the point of it being the absolute worst atrocity one could commit? Many news reports, television shows and victim interviews depict victims acting more hysterical than victims of gunshot wounds, spousal abuse, murder, attempted murder, kidnapped children and any other possible crime that can be committed. I simply don't understand why.

Taking it all back to the Daniel Tosh incident - http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/opinio...osh/index.html

Comedians can make jokes about:

1. Mass murderers such as Osama, Sudam and Hitler. That's apparently ok.
    2. Racism against black people, asians, etc. That's apparently ok.
    3. Spousal abuse (plenty of jokes out there referencing people beating their wives). That's apparently ok.

Make a joke about rape? THEY CROSSED THE FREAKING LINE OMG. Women up in arms everywhere saying it's an atrocity.

What gives? Why is rape put on a pedestal as the WORST thing you could do to a person when it clearly isn't.
    Doesn't the link you posted answer your question?

Deleted
    Woman logic, OP.

Sticky thread please , rape jokes are fine.

Who said only women can be raped...

I think I'd rather get beat up than get raped, you could be different but that's just my opinion.

Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

This is not an ok topic to have on these forums.

Locked.