View Poll Results: Did you find this guide helpful and informative?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

161 84.74%
  • No

29 15.26%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    This is probably me being dumb, but what' the deal with Rapture? I'm 89 right now, and I'm guessing PW: S will cost 18-20k at 90. Do I seriously need to wait until I'm very well geared in LFR/normal gear for Rapture to give mana back? It seems kind of ridiculous.
    Rapture is valuable the moment it makes Power Word: Shield your most efficient heal so long as it will proc Rapture and that takes a lot less spirit than you might think at 200% return. Once it is mana positive that is just gravy.

Righto.

On another note, is it me, or does the "Gems/Enchants" section entirely lack the enchants part?

Sevyvia,

Thank you for pointing that out, I had the enchant part written and whatnot, I guess I forgot to put it in! I am in the works of updating the guide for 5.2. If you need help with enchants please PM me, I would be more than willing to go over it with you.

I just have a small question about major glyphs. I was previously using Prayer of Mending glyph and having no real issue with it, however I noticed a couple of very well geared disc priests with me in a couple of different LFRs yesterday that were using Smite glyph instead and seemed to be doing very well with it.

Is it worth using Smite over Prayer of Mending glyph?

Rivellana,

I also sometimes switch between Smite and PoM Glyphs. To answer your question, it really depends on the fight. I usually only switch if I know I am going to be smite healing a whole lot. For example, I usually use Smite glyph on Garajal/Wind Lord/Amber Shaper/Protectors and Sha of Fear. Those fights in particular I mainly smite heal, so that glyph is better than the PoM Glyph. I hope this helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I just have a small question about major glyphs. I was previously using Prayer of Mending glyph and having no real issue with it, however I noticed a couple of very well geared disc priests with me in a couple of different LFRs yesterday that were using Smite glyph instead and seemed to be doing very well with it.

Depends how much you Smite. If you're on a fight with a gimmick that increases damage dealt, then you should definitely consider it. Otherwise, it comes down to what you like.

And about LFR... yeah, it's LFR. When you're quite a few Heroic pieces, then you can easily top meters on most fights, if not all, with only Atonement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post

Considering that the PoM glyph is worse than nothing if you aren't tankhealing I'd change that glyph based on your role and the fight.
    Last edited by Cookie; 2013-01-05 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Considering that PoM is worse than nothing if you aren't tankhealing I'd change that glyph based on your role and the fight.
    New Disc Priest here, so this is news to me. I'm not questioning that PoM is bad, since I don't know, but could you explain how? A lot of mana for too little healing, a lot of time for too little healing? Should I pretty much only use it when I have to move?

Basically, right now my healing boils down to Atonement (Smite, Holy Fire, Penance) almost all the time with PW: S on the tank for Rapture procs, and then Shell, Cascade, PoH and PoM on AoE damage. Usually only PoM if it's ticking damage, though, but still. Is it so bad as to be worse than nothing?

Sorry for confusing you Sevyvia, I was refering to the PoM glyph which makes PoM do less healing/cast in an aoe situation. The PoM glyph should mainly be used when you need some additional tankhealing since it reduces the overall healing but makes it a better spot heal. Should be mentioned that PoH is more healing/time and mana efficent than PoM if more than 3 targets are healed (I think, was a while since I did the math and it obviously depends on your stats) and DA is consumed meaning that PoM shouldn't always be used on cd in aoe situations.
    Last edited by Cookie; 2013-01-05 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I've changed and am keeping the smite glyph in. I fear I might still be a bit stuck in Cataclysm, but I'm curious exactly how much other priests are using atonement? I tend to only use it when archangel is off cooldown and I want to get it up again, or if it's a fight with not very much else to do. If there's any large visible amounts of damage being taken I go with prayer of healing instead. Should I use atonement more than this?

Keep Holy Fire and Penance on CD, and you'll always have Archangel up before the 30sec CD is finished. I mostly stay away from Smite unless I know I'll have the mana for it. Smite just eats away my mana.

Tsulong Day phase, what's the best way to do this as Disc? So far I've just been precasting and spamming Flash Heal, and then slapping a Renew on at the end if I don't have time for another FH. It's passable, but I feel like I could be doing a lot better than that.

Tsulong Day phase, what's the best way to do this as Disc? So far I've just been precasting and spamming Flash Heal, and then slapping a Renew on at the end if I don't have time for another FH. It's passable, but I feel like I could be doing a lot better than that.
    Check out this thread. There's a whole discussion on Tsulong Disc healing.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post19496867

That discussion basically seemed to boil down to either "Go Holy" or doing what I'm already doing.

That discussion basically seemed to boil down to either "Go Holy" or doing what I'm already doing.
    ^^ Correct!

Precast Gheal+IF. Use cascade with the buff if anyone in the raid is low, apart from that it's pmuch just fheal spam with renew/penance at the end though:P. When you don't have the breath buff heal/dispel ppl with the debuff, get your mindbender on something, stack evengalism, renew+penance>spam heal/gheal (depending on mana) on tsulong, in that order. Not really rocket science, and if your guild is struggling/you are doing hardmodes you should spec holy for the fight.

So is the stat priority going to change for the next patch since they are changing the way mastery works with spirit shell? Are we going to have to go for more crit maybe?
    What doesn't destroy us, only makes us stranger

Yes. All the stats will be fairly close, I'm raiding 10 man (somewhat affecting my decision) and I'll probably be going primarly haste (with enough spirit to support this).

Quote Originally Posted by Urumii View Post
    Keep Holy Fire and Penance on CD, and you'll always have Archangel up before the 30sec CD is finished. I mostly stay away from Smite unless I know I'll have the mana for it. Smite just eats away my mana.
    Then what are you doing when you have nothing else to do? Just wait or cast heal? I don't understand why smite shouldn't be the filler spell, being a smart heal from atonement and all.

Depends on your mana. If you have mana to spare cast smite as a filler (it's far from a mana efficent heal, but it's added damage as well). If you're getting low on mana and there's no major damage inc you can just do nothing for a few seconds.