Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lfr, few questions that i simply cant find a answer

hi there

this is about my twink 2 aka paladin. In the current lfr it's possible to go in as a tank and get dd items (well exept the weppon).
    In the next one you just get look based on your spec and gear if i read that right. so is there a way to say "hey i can tank, but id like to have dmg gear if i get a drop" ?

why this stupid question? simply, tanks got way shorter invite times and my tank gear will probably be way better then my ret gear since i see my paladin as my first tank.

Same would go to my heal schaman that wants to get ele or meele gear.

so do you have to take your crappy gear to get what you realy wana have in the lfr or can you still choose what you wana do in lfr?

if that question is answerd already just give me a link, when i searched for lfr i found like 300 posts and after reading the first 15 i gave up

mfg fear

10+ Year Old Account
    no sorry. in the new system you have to queue a certain spec to get gear. if you want offspec gear, then dont queue as a tank/healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    In all fairness, I always found it faster to join LFR as a DPS.
    So change spec to DPS and go go get your offspec gear.

yay so i have to go with my crappy gear -.- wohoo more afk doing nothing important and watching a movie time in lfr
    i hope that wont pull the time up even more :/

edit: my wl,dk,mage,roq,warri are dps
    with my pala,druid i love to tank but i need a dps set for certain bosses from time to time (ds you need just 1 tank for most parts in 10man)

edit 2: but thanks for the answer, kinda thought its gona be that crappy but i had still some hope in blizzard
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-08-23 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkminaz View Post
    yay so i have to go with my crappy gear -.- wohoo more afk doing nothing important and watching a movie time in lfr

with my pala,druid i love to tank but i need a dps set for certain bosses from time to time (ds you need just 1 tank for most parts in 10man)
    there will be other gear for you to grab up to help your offspec more. the gear from rep QM's is better then the first LFR tier of gear. just fyi!
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR has an ilvl requirement. Also regardless of your gear, you could actually still try and do something and differentiate yourself from the numerous douchebags already present in LFR.

TBF, if this is your mindset, please stay out of LFR

I just want to know about Disenchanting options. Do we get the option to DE what we win when we win it?
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

well the gear from the first normal raids will be better then lfr but like i said tank got priority and my first points will all go in tank gear from the qm

@kirby dude well i'm just bored with dps in lfr. since most bosses are stand and dps. and as long as i'm top 5 in dps rank with normal lfr gear i don't think i hurt other players + the ilvl requirement is a joke, get max lvl, get cloth gear from the ah (as a warrior) and you can enter lfr. i would love if they change it to "you actualy have to war the gear when you klick on "enter now" and it has to be usefull (no int, no cloth for warriors for example)
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-08-23 at 06:45 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You only see what you win, no else does. And as for a DE option I am not sure as you would be DEing gear specified to you and only you.

well i get the part that you wana de some of the gear, you get gear by a bot from blizzard
    i kinda doubt it's gona be awesome all the time, or you don't already have that part

10+ Year Old Account
    the ilvl requirement is a joke, get max lvl, get cloth gear from the ah (as a warrior) and you can enter lfr. i would love if they change it to "you actualy have to war the gear when you klick on "enter now" and it has to be usefull (no int, no cloth for warriors for example)
    This I agree upon. But why would someone purposely choose to have cloth in his bags when he can get the 377 ilvl plate stuff? Apparently Blizzard is somehow at fault for people being a bunch of twats and getting your raid down.
    Like I said "if this is your mindset, please stay out of LFR". That doesn't just go for doing NO DPS, but also purposely being a liability :|

Edit: And just to make this clear: "if this is your mindset, please stay out of LFR" is a general statement
    Last edited by Detheavn; 2012-08-23 at 06:52 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

edit 2: but thanks for the answer, kinda thought its gona be that crappy but i had still some hope in blizzard
    Lol don't expect to live long in the new lfr raids (the new bosses don't play as nice as the ones in DS), if the raid don't boot you first for AFKing in the first place. It is attitudes like that, that have made lfr the joke it is now.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 04:23 PM ----------

well i get the part that you wana de some of the gear, you get gear by a bot from blizzard
    i kinda doubt it's gona be awesome all the time, or you don't already have that part
    Yeah it can be like that especially if you have an item that is higher than the one you won in lfr. But yeah not sure as didn't take much notice if there was coz all you see is that you have won something and it is in your bags.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    This I agree upon. But why would someone purposely choose to have cloth in his bags when he can get the 377 ilvl plate stuff? Apparently Blizzard is somehow at fault for people being a bunch of twats and getting your raid down.
    Like I said "if this is your mindset, please stay out of LFR". That doesn't just go for doing NO DPS, but also purposely being a liability :|

Edit: And just to make this clear: "if this is your mindset, please stay out of LFR" is a general statement
    Yeah that's the problem with lfr now too many idiots in it. Why I call it Looking For Retreads as that is the caliber of most that go into lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    You only see what you win, no else does. And as for a DE option I am not sure as you would be DEing gear specified to you and only you.
    Let's say I kill Jimmy, the third LFR boss, and win an item I can use. Next week I kill Jimmy again and I also win the same item, because it's the only item in his loot pool I can win. Shouldn't I have the option to choose DE and get whatever the MoP equivalent to a Maelstrom Crystal is?

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post

People choose cloth PvP items because in several cases they're cheaper, you don't have to equip them, they're useable to cheat ilvl on every class for multiple characters, and did I mention cheaper? Requiring that it work off of your equipped ilvl is kind of stupid for the fact that you ignore PvP realms. Players that run around in PvP gear may have lower or higher PvE gear in their bags for dungeons and raids. That's the technical reason that it queues based on highest ilvl and not your equipped ilvl.
    Last edited by Boogieknight; 2012-08-23 at 07:14 AM.
    Anyone else think Jaime Lannister only has the Kingslayer title because he was just too lazy to kill the king on heroic mode?

[QUOTE=grexly75;18120152]Lol don't expect to live long in the new lfr raids (the new bosses don't play as nice as the ones in DS), if the raid don't boot you first for AFKing in the first place. It is attitudes like that, that have made lfr the joke it is now.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 04:23 PM ----------

well in the current lfr i'm in the top 5 dps and normaly best healer even with watch a movie by the side. true i could play better but i don't realy wana give 100% when there are people with 8k dps, jeah maybe i'm a bit to narcistic but everyone has some flaws and i never said i'm perfect

Players that run around in PvP gear may have lower or higher PvE gear in their bags for dungeons and raids. That's the technical reason that it queues based on highest ilvl and not your equipped ilvl.
    i just mean equip it (now you have itemlvl 500(checked that it's not "fake gear aka int for warriors or cloth)) "oh i can klick the join button" kick -> equip old eq again. for style or whatever reasons.

sure you still can cheat by equiping pvp and pve parts to get the ilvl but you atleast have a somehow decent gear
    currently i can join lfr by wearing a green gear + having some items that i will never equip in my bag (and probably gona sell to the ah after i got something better)
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-08-23 at 07:22 AM.

Deleted
    Last time I've been reading about new looting system, it was done so you had a chance of getting an item for either ms, os or spec that you never played nor inted to play.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2012-08-23 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Last time I've been reading about new looting system, it was done so you had a chance of getting an item for either ms, os or spec that you never player nor inted to play.
    that would be great, but i cant fina a blue post like that sadly but yay some hope is till there :P

It's LFR, how about wearing your full LFR tank set, and see how many dps you can beat in it as ret. Challenge yourself to do well in bad gear, you'll do even better in proper gear.

Don't be a dick and just afk because you are lazy and can't create games within the game to make it fun ... also, quit raiding for gear ... if you aren't having fun, don't do it. Simple, isn't it?
    I use the term 'you' in a general sense. Even if it appears I'm replying to you, I'm 99% of the time generalizing based on your statement. I don't know you, don't care, and most probably never will. If I have an opinion about you, I will PM you, not call you out in public, it is the polite thing to do. Let the forums be about debate, not personal attacks.

Deleted
    that would be great, but i cant fina a blue post like that sadly but yay some hope is till there :P
    It was in one of the first blue posts about new looting system, might have changed since then.

ok i may stated that wrong i never go afk, more like semi afk. doiing something besides lfr
    but i'm gona try moonkin in my feral gear next time that sounds like fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    It was in one of the first blue posts about new looting system, might have changed since then.
    It was never intended to allow offspec gear. If you want DPS gear, you have to queue for DPS. Same goes for healer and tank.

Proof Here
    Will it select loot as it deems "appropriate" for just the class in general, or for their specific spec? I would really hate to win loot, just to find out i received an item for holy, when I am playing Ret.
    It looks at your spec, not your class. We decided it was a superior design to give you something for a role that we know you use rather than trying to guess whether you ever like to tank or not. There are plenty of other avenues (dungeons, factions, scenarios, crafting, the AH, PvP, guild runs, etc.) to gear up for an alternate spec.