Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    For me, it starts at 7am in the morning (3 hours earlier counted in). Boy, I will be sleeping early tomorrow night
    What's this 3 hours earlier?

edit: Ok googled it, it says may open 3 hours earlier, so I will get up 3 hours earlier and try and log in for 3 hours :P sweet...
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2012-08-23 at 10:59 AM.

well i have not really been interested in this game... i would try it but i can't afford it right now so i hope you guys all have a great time playing and lets hope the wait was worth it

Yup, getting up at 6 AM in the morning on saturday, can't wait.
    Last edited by Vathdar; 2012-08-23 at 11:16 AM.

Really planned on playing on Sanctum of Rall, but I don't know anyone going in.
    Got a couple work buddies who may come with me.

Maybe I'll start my own guild. :3

Probably my single biggest challenge will be getting a couple of names reserved ASAP

I understand being excited for the game and getting to play but I do not understand the mad rush. It's not a race. About the only accommodation I will make for headstart is maybe go to bed a bit earlier Fri night, play some Sat am/reserve names before I head out for weekend plans like normal.

Getting up at 5:45, an hour earlier than work days. T minus three hours occurs fifteen minutes after that, giving me sufficient time to make sure the cat has food and water (as I'll be gone the rest of the day) as well as make a nice, hot cup of coffee and some toast. After that it's a case of trying to log in every 5 minutes or so while watching Youtube videos. As soon as I can get online, skip character customization to reserve the names I want. Once they're all reserved, take the time to customize one character. Play for a bit. Then help my brother move the rest of the day.

My plan of attack is ready. Your move, ArenaNet.

The names I want already exist in HoM with 50/50

It looks dark for me T_T

I'll be testing my log in button as early as 11pm central Friday night. I'm hoping for the 3 hours early. XD

Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Remember; You can have a last name too, a way I suggest doing it is making a second word after your name, maybe representing who you are, for an example, I will be doing 'Virral Scoots' to reserve my name, and 'Scoots Scoots' to reserve that.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

Really, a lot of people seem to be counting this 3days+3hours bit... we have no guarantee on the extra three hours. For me tho, that puts the release at 1pm Sat... so I'll likely just be waking up from a Friday night binge anyway.

Login Spam incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    The names I want already exist in HoM with 50/50

It looks dark for me T_T
    Damn cause your name is so cool! I wish I had stolen it first, I might have to break open the SoulCal wiki for some backup inspiration. Tyra forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Really, a lot of people seem to be counting this 3days+3hours bit... we have no guarantee on the extra three hours. For me tho, that puts the release at 1pm Sat... so I'll likely just be waking up from a Friday night binge anyway.

Login Spam incoming.
    Actually, the fact that they even mentioned that they "may" open up the servers 3 hours early is almost a guarantee that they will. If they really wanted to alleviate the stress on the login servers, they wouldn't have said anything and just opened it up 3 hours early. The fact that they announced that they'll open it up early makes it a pretty smart PR move, one which gains goodwill for ANet from the players because they let them login early.

Could start anywhere from 10 P.M to 12 A.M in my timezone.Gonna be rolling on Tarnished Coast.Haven't bothered looking for a guild before launch, but I'll probably accept the first random invite that comes my way.Gonna nap through most of tomorrow.My names are a bit obscure so I won't have to worry about them being taken.
    Still can't believe it's about to come out.

Personally I will be working all day to try to get a stream up and running in time. My roomie and I plan to have ourselves a little party. We will probably stick to PvE only. We both just ordered new video cards so hopefully we don't run into any issues with installation of those. So excited and can't even pick a class!

I'm in a guild that will be on Borlis Pass. Can't wait to meet and play with them.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bers3rk View Post
    Personally I will be working all day to try to get a stream up and running in time. My roomie and I plan to have ourselves a little party. We will probably stick to PvE only. We both just ordered new video cards so hopefully we don't run into any issues with installation of those. So excited and can't even pick a class!
    I'm tempted to start streaming on Own3d.TV. Everyone and their mom will be streaming GW2 on Twitch.TV. lol

Welp, not playing it afterall, monitor suddenly decided it wants to go black every 2 seconds after i turn it on. Life realy doesn't wamt me playing this game on launch week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathdar View Post
    Welp, not playing it afterall, monitor suddenly decided it wants to go black every 2 seconds after i turn it on. Life realy doesn't wamt me playing this game on launch week.
    Did you check the cord connection? Maybe it's not in all the way. If push comes to shove, you can buy a cheap monitor at Best Buy or Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Did you check the cord connection? Maybe it's not in all the way. If push comes to shove, you can buy a cheap monitor at Best Buy or Walmart.
    Yeah the cords are fine, I just went afk for a while so the monitor went into standby mode, when I got back it started flickering. It did that for 20 minutes when it just started going black, if I turn it on and off, it stays on for about 2 seconds then goes black again.