Exclamation Changed Gw2.dat file to Gw2.exe won't change back HELP!!!!

Hey guys I was trying to run that fix after updating the client were you need to delete the gw2.exe file and rename the gw2.temp file to gw2.exe. Here is the problem I accidentally did this to the 16gig gw2.dat file and no matter what I do to try and change it back it says that is is already running. I've try resetting my comp doesn't work. Scanning the Task Manager and there is no Gw2.exe apparently running. I even did a System Restore and didn't do a thing. Since this comes out in less then 24hour can anyone help me or should I start the download again!

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Try making a copy of it to another folder, then rename it there.

Quote Originally Posted by dardy View Post
    Hey guys I was trying to run that fix after updating the client were you need to delete the gw2.exe file and rename the gw2.temp file to gw2.exe. Here is the problem I accidentally did this to the 16gig gw2.dat file and no matter what I do to try and change it back it says that is is already running. I've try resetting my comp doesn't work. Scanning the Task Manager and there is no Gw2.exe apparently running. I even did a System Restore and didn't do a thing. Since this comes out in less then 24hour can anyone help me or should I start the download again!

Cheers!
    You could try booting in safe mode and change it.

Could be a virus checker getting picky because it's an exe file and fucking huge.

Boot into safe mode and try it there.

Talking Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    You could try booting in safe mode and change it.
    Awesome this worked! Thankyou very much enjoy the Launch!!