Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulrann View Post
    As far as gemming, what's it looking like for right now? I'm seeing everywhere that mastery is the go-to stat right now, so are we back to stuffing as much yellow in our armor as we can (assuming it's not a magic heavy fight)?
    The stats you want are mastery, expertise/parry and hit. All gems should be yellow or a yellow hybrid for socket bonuses.

Two questions

1) By "mastery, expertise/parry and hit" do you mean those are the stats I want, or those are the exact gems I want (pure mastery, exp/parry, pure hit).
    2) Does this gemming pattern also ring true for 5.0.4, or only for MOP itself?

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as gemming, what's it looking like for right now? I'm seeing everywhere that mastery is the go-to stat right now, so are we back to stuffing as much yellow in our armor as we can (assuming it's not a magic heavy fight)?
    Even on magic-heavy fights, stamina is no longer the requirement it once was; Shield Barrier provides warriors a better defence than they’ve ever had with it, and Demoralizing Shout also works.

With regard to your question:

I think I’m going to suggest the following.

1) Enchant your gear first – there are little to no options in enchanting, so do that before anything else.

2) Gem it next. In yellow sockets, go Fractured come what may. In red, go for an expertise hybrid if you’re under 7.5%. In blue, go for a hit hybrid if you’re under 7.5%. Once you’ve reached those caps, you’re looking at gems that net socket bonuses and that prioritise mastery > parry > stamina.

3) Reforging; if something doesn’t have mastery on it, give it mastery. Reforge out of dodge first, and parry second. Hit and expertise will obviously need to be left alone to maintain your caps.

It’s understood this isn’t likely going to be perfect, but it’s probably good enough until reforging websites like Ask Mr. Robot are up and running with more solid recommendations.

I’m going to redo that whole section this afternoon, so I’d appreciate any feedback on how it looks. I’ll then move the whole “stat discussion” to the FAQ section.

Alright, thanks for the quick and dirty rundown.

I'll give this guide another eye tomorrow when you've updated it, as right now I'm just running on empty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks for the quick and dirty rundown.

I'll give this guide another eye tomorrow when you've updated it, as right now I'm just running on empty.
    GET SOME REST!

I look forward to your input tomorrow.

Yellow: Mastery
    Red: Mastery/Expertise or Mastery/Parry
    Green: Mastery/Hit

Two questions

1) By "mastery, expertise/parry and hit" do you mean those are the stats I want, or those are the exact gems I want (pure mastery, exp/parry, pure hit).
    2) Does this gemming pattern also ring true for 5.0.4, or only for MOP itself?